Entertainment 'Suicide Squad' Probable PG-13 Release

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by boognishstern, Mar 21, 2016.

1. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    'Suicide Squad' Film Will Be Released With PG-13 Rating; David Ayer Talks Joker Character
    0 shares tweet
    Tags : suicide squad, DC Comics, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie
    [​IMG]
    (Photo : Getty Images - Kevin Winter) 'Suicide Squad' stars Margot Robbie and Will Smith at Comic-Con 2015.
    "Suicide Squad" isn't dangerous enough for a R-rating.

The DC Comics film, directed by David Ayer, has been tagged, as of now, PG-13, according to producer Charles Roven, who told Collider, "At the moment, my understanding is we are still releasing 'Suicide Squad' as a PG-13, so there hasn't been to my mind a serious conversation about doing anything other than that."

"I understand why 'Deadpool' was released as an R-rated film," Roven said, "and I think that the DC Justice League characters, particularly because so many of them are so iconographic, have been around for so long and for so many generations that have grown up with them, and that are still growing up with them, I think we want to present them, when we finally present them, to the broadest possible audience that we can. I think that's why we've planned on making these movies PG-13."

"I'm not seeing any real reason to change," he added. "We've made some pretty edgy films that are rated PG-13. You never want to say 'never' because we all evolve, but right now I think we're staying that course."

"Suicide Squad" stars Jared Leto as the Joker, Will Smith as Deadshot, Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flagg, Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang and Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn.

Ayer said in an interview last week that Leto's rendition of the Joker is "incredible."

"When he steps onto the set the world stops. Everything stops," Ayer told Total Film (via Screen Rant). "What he's done is so powerful, so menacing, so palpable, you can feel him. The crew stops working and just watches him. I have to get everybody going again because he's so fascinating."

"Suicide Squad" hits theaters Aug. 5.

I'm looking forward to this but expecting disappointment.

2. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This movie looked like shit in the previews I'm sorry.

The writing looks like it is trying way too hard.

3. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    who knows, everyone was predicting a shit show with 'Deadpool'