Sulu says sorry

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Gretsch Man, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  2. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Something wrong with my copy and paste. Would someone mind doing that? Gracias.

3. RobotsVsMonsters

RobotsVsMonsters Semi-lurker since 2008

Reputations:
    oh my

Jayla likes this.
  4. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    I'm trying to copy and paste and the site won't let me. I think it's CNN's problem

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  5. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Takei is just being as honest as he is regarding the status of his feet.

1Vegasgirl and teehee like this.
  6. Bye You!

Reputations:
    (CNN)George Takei likely went where no critic of a Supreme Court justice has gone before.

But days after the "Star Trek" actor called Justice Clarence Thomas a "clown in blackface" following his dissent in last week's landmark same-sex marriage ruling, Takei said on Friday that his words "were not carefully considered."

"When asked by a reporter about the opinion, I was still seething, and I referred to him as a 'clown in blackface' to suggest that he had abdicated and abandoned his heritage," Takei said in a Facebook post. "This was not intended to be racist, but rather to evoke a history of racism in the theatrical arts. While I continue to disagree with Justice Thomas, the words I chose, said in the heat of anger, were not carefully considered."

The spat began after last week's historic same-sex marriage ruling, when Thomas, one of four justices to dissent, wrote that denying gays and lesbians the right to marry is not denying them of their dignity.

"Human dignity cannot be taken away by the government," wrote Thomas, who is black. "Slaves did not lose their dignity (any more than they lost their humanity) because the government allowed them to be enslaved. Those held in internment camps did not lose their dignity because the government confined them."

But Takei, a Japanese-American who is openly gay and was held in an internment camp during World War II, blasted Thomas's remarks in an op-ed published Wednesday on MSNBC.com entitled, "George Takei to Clarence Thomas: Denying our rights denies our dignity."

7. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    George Takei: Clarence Thomas is a 'clown in blackface'

(CNN)George Takei likely went where no critic of a Supreme Court justice has gone before.

But days after the "Star Trek" actor called Justice Clarence Thomas a "clown in blackface" following his dissent in last week's landmark same-sex marriage ruling, Takei said on Friday that his words "were not carefully considered."

"When asked by a reporter about the opinion, I was still seething, and I referred to him as a 'clown in blackface' to suggest that he had abdicated and abandoned his heritage," Takei said in a Facebook post. "This was not intended to be racist, but rather to evoke a history of racism in the theatrical arts. While I continue to disagree with Justice Thomas, the words I chose, said in the heat of anger, were not carefully considered."

The spat began after last week's historic same-sex marriage ruling, when Thomas, one of four justices to dissent, wrote that denying gays and lesbians the right to marry is not denying them of their dignity.

"Human dignity cannot be taken away by the government," wrote Thomas, who is black. "Slaves did not lose their dignity (any more than they lost their humanity) because the government allowed them to be enslaved. Those held in internment camps did not lose their dignity because the government confined them."

But Takei, a Japanese-American who is openly gay and was held in an internment camp during World War II, blasted Thomas's remarks in an op-ed published Wednesday on MSNBC.com entitled, "George Takei to Clarence Thomas: Denying our rights denies our dignity."

"For many, (being interned) was indeed a great loss of self-worth and respect, a terrible blow to the pride of the many parents who sought only to protect their children from coming to harm," he said. "To say that the government does not bestow or grant dignity does not mean it cannot succeed in stripping it away through the imposition of unequal laws and deprivation of due process."
    And Takei took his criticism one step further this week in an interview with Fox 10 in Phoenix.

"(Thomas) is a clown in blackface sitting on the Supreme Court," he said. "He gets me that angry. He doesn't belong there."

Blackface is makeup worn by white theatrical performers to appear black. It was common in the mid-19th century and into the early 20th century, but has since become regarded as perpetuating racist stereotypes.

Takei, however, said on Facebook that his comments were not racially-motivated and that he was merely drawing attention to what he said was "part of a racist history in this country."

"Blackface is a lesser known theatrical term for a white actor who blackens his face to play a black buffoon. In traditional theater lingo, and in my view and intent, that is not racist," he wrote.

Takei added: "I feel Justice Thomas has abdicated and abandoned his African-American heritage by claiming slavery did not strip dignity from human beings. He made a similar remark about the Japanese-American internment, of which I am a survivor," he said. "A sitting justice of the Supreme Court ought to know better."

Efforts to reach Thomas for comment Friday were not immediately successful.

Note: Nerds may not copy and paste stories from CNN.

8. Bye You!

Reputations:
    Is there an echo in here?

9. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    ...echo in here?

10. Bye You!

Reputations:
    I'm always amused by minorities who think that blacks should be on their side because they are the "original" minority.

Blacks hate gays, chinamen, whitey, Mexicans, etc...

George is an old fool.

DarkFriday, Ingens, Kilroy and 7 others like this.
  11. Bye You!

Reputations:
    And I used the word chinamen because when I worked in the ghetto, I heard that word over and over and never heard it anywhere else.

IfTheyOnlyKnew and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  12. blckknight60

blckknight60 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    he shouldn't have apologised ffs

IfTheyOnlyKnew and Trophy Knife like this.
  13. Notfunorfunny

Notfunorfunny I Can Pull It

Reputations:
    Go have a bukkake party in ur mug George. It's a theatrical term for those that crave baby batter. Yeah George u are still racist despite what you claim your credentials are. Btw how come so racist in rich area you live in ? Hahaha

14. Notfunorfunny

Reputations:
    Hey George is it cool if Clarence Thomas is still black as I know you stripped him of his blackness? As I know you are a hypocrite why don't you show all the black folks you and Brad are having over for your BBQ on the 4 th? Oops gay people can't be predjudiced it does not fit the narrative.

Kilroy and Bye You! like this.
  15. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    George says that he didn't intend to be racist when he called out a black guy for not being black on the inside.

Funny stuff, spaceman.

Stag and Bye You! like this.
  16. Notfunorfunny

Reputations:
    Mr George Takei theatrical term for racist with no consequences as he occupies important section of same narrative.

17. Javaforgotme

Javaforgotme Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The Corpse-like Takei ("rhymes with fuckhead") decides to dial back his own prejudices.

And once again - he drones on about internment camps.

“I owe an apology,” Takei said in a lengthy Facebook post. “On the eve of this Independence Day, I have a renewed sense of what this country stands for, and how I personally could help achieve it. The promise of equality and freedom is one that all of us have to work for, at all times. I know this as a survivor of the Japanese American internment, which each day drives me only to strive harder to help fulfill that promise for future generations.

Holy shit - won't this guy give it a rest.

[​IMG]

Gretsch Man and Bye You! like this.
  18. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    Remember one of george's first appearences he talked about one of his proudest achievements was in some movie or tv special sulu became a captain of his own ship?

That was the first time i thought, "This dude is a bit goofy." Being proud of apart written for you is just stupid! Hey George, you re not a real captain of any starship. All that stuff is make believe. :giggle:

19. Bye You!

Reputations:
    t
    that was a gary garver interview, where he asks RICARDOOOO why his character speaks with a mexican accent :rofl: and asks george which is his fav star trek movie.

Roland Schwinn likes this.
  20. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    Takei the millionaire is forever a victim.

What's the standard of living for the average American of Japanese descent?

And amazingly, I never hear George utter a peep of disgust for the death marches the Japanese used to kill whitey they held in their camps.

[​IMG]

GIRLY, ohmicah and Stag like this.