Politics Surviving Star Wars and Cuckmercials

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Rabid Dogman, Jan 16, 2016.

?

Is the media anti-Straight White Men?

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Maybe

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  4. Trump 2016

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rabid Dogman

Rabid Dogman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Read the full article here: http://takimag.com/article/propagan...o_star_wars_gavin_mcinnes/print#axzz3xJdUKHA8

Propaganda Pop Culture: From Cuckmercials to ‘Star Wars’
    By Gavin McInnes

I recently heard comedian Nick DiPaolo say, “I don’t think I can watch Angelina Jolie beat the shit out of six Green Berets. My suspension of disbelief just can’t take it.” He was describing the art of ruining a great movie with propaganda, which is becoming the norm. The morbidly obese Melissa McCarthy is clenching her fists and making men cry while adolescent girls annihilate street thugs for using homophobic slurs. I’ve discussed men’s role in creating this mess before, but it’s everywhere now and it’s permeated every part of our culture. If you just landed here from outer space, you’d assume cis white scum like DiPaolo are functionally retarded and Western society is run by white women, black men, and a smattering of gays. We’ve gone from providing women and minorities with inspiring role models to turning them all into infallible gods who are constantly held back by bumbling white men.

Homer Simpson is borderline retarded, but his daughter Lisa deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. Peter Griffin and Al Bundy are equally useless (outside of the part where they work their fingers to the bone to provide for a bunch of ingrates). When my kids turn on cartoons all I see is girls in lab coats and blacks with glasses solving complex problems while some white boy stumbles in and blurts out, “DUH!”

Adult programming is the same. Is there a head of surgery on TV who isn’t black? Sir Lancelot is now black. The Ghostbusters are women. Thor is black. Mad Max is a woman. Spider-Man is black. Ocean’s 11 is all women. Meat Loaf is gay. The Honeymooners are black. James Bond is black or maybe he’ll be gay. At the beginning of the Annie reboot where we discover she’s now black, she performs for her classmates and tells them welfare-state pioneer FDR was the greatest president ever because he brought us the New Deal. Later in the movie, we discover Annie can’t read. [Emphasis added by OP] Nice utopia, you Feel-Good Communists. That’s what’s so annoying about watching these people push us into the passenger seat. They can’t drive. The fake world they’re forcing down our throats is as boring to watch as it is totally implausible.

This article is a very good summation of the (IMHO) valid arguments of the so-called "Men's Rights" movement. There is a concerted effort to avoid positive portrayals of straight, white men in the media. What this article is especially adept of pointing out-- and what sets it apart from the "Menninists"-- is that no reasonable straight, white man denies that there is room within the media for positive portrayals of women, people of colour, and yes, even homosexuals. In fact, many of these portrayals could be quite interesting, but the author rightly points out that because the authoritarian dogma of Political Correctness demands that no protected minority class can be portrayed as having any weakness, modern media portrayals of these groups are as dumb and bland as they are stupid.

2. Lster

Lster Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Hey, Al Bundy was the 2nd smartest family member on Married With Children (after his son Bud). Author of the article has nerve to compare him to Peter Griffin.

lestanyonethink likes this.
  3. Tim

Tim ty dawg for gold! Gold

Reputations:
    I'm glad Marvel is so diverse now.

[​IMG]

Iceman & Jean

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    Honkey Donkey likes this.
  4. DaTenses

DaTenses Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've had the same sentiment about modern movies since about 2000. Nick said it well.

5. Mojopin

Mojopin Resplendent in his frock VIP

Reputations:
    It just means that people are too stupid to separate TV and movies from real life.

6. CaptainFrank

CaptainFrank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just saw a commercial about some identity protection company.. Mr. well groomed black man was sitting on a bench with his laptop, saving the planet, while evil whitey kept trying to steal his identity.

there is a black person in every commercial now... for 12% of the population, they are in 100% of the commercials.

KDK12 and Honkey Donkey like this.
  7. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    This is but one aspect of the political correctness mania that has infested the progressive wing of the nation.

Typically these crazes are subject to a pendulum effect. This one, however, is somewhat immune to major corrections due to the fact that such an overwhelming percentage of the popular mainstream media share in the same delusion and have such an inordinate influence on our youth. It used to be that college aged kids were idiots, but they knew they were idiots. Today, our college aged idiots have even bigger idiots sitting behind a desk at Comedy Central telling them they're brilliant. ;) It's a brutal combination.

lestanyonethink and Rabid Dogman like this.
  8. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    I had no idea they made all those comic book characters black now. Wow.

9. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope sales drop and they have to put everything back where it belongs .

KDK12 likes this.
  10. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I'm waiting to see who the next Colonel Sanders will be. My hunch is Tracy Morgan.

Head Censor and Honkey Donkey like this.
  11. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
  12. KDK12

KDK12 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  13. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    Mouthfullofsallad and KDK12 like this.
  14. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Some of those are temporary changes until the originals return, happens all the time. Batman and Superman have also "died" and/or been replaced at some point. The original Peter Parker still has an ongoing title, that Spider Man above is in some alternate timeline.

LaserT likes this.
  15. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think this happened on the Bizzaro world

PI Nate likes this.
  16. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    lestanyonethink and KDK12 like this.
  17. Stretch5000

Stretch5000 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Undoubtedly so. And you needn't focus on the racial aspect (although it's very real), but masculinity in general is falling out a favor with those in Hollywood, on Madison Avenue, and a certain address on Pennsylvania Avenue in the District of Columbia.

The real question is what are the motivations? It's not simply just about diversity - that's the feel good lie for suckers. The reasons range from noble yet misguided to outright sinister. I won't touch 'em with a ten foot pole on this forum.

Know this though - the term "meritocracy" has become a very dirty word within progressive circles, and they intend to engineer the concept's demise. Using media to instill or exploit a sense of self-loathing among a successful demographic in hopes they take themselves out is a part of the strategy. They don't believe a rising tide will lift all boats, so it's better to drown the captains. We might hit an iceberg, but at least everyone gets to wear the cool hat.

Head Censor and Fatass like this.
  18. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Straight, white, christian males = bad.

Everyone else is an oppressed victim that is 100000x better than the above group if only that group would stop being such monsters and stop their oppression.

-Signed,

Liberals, losers, and degenerates everywhere

19. Rabid Dogman

Rabid Dogman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Garrett Morris

20. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i'm a straight white male

I'm enjoying it so far