Entertainment Susan Sarandon Has 'Nothing Good to Say' About Woody Allen

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by boognishstern, May 15, 2016.

1. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :yay::yay::yay:
    Susan Sarandon Has 'Nothing Good to Say' About Woody Allen: 'He Sexually Assaulted a Child'

0SHARES
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    0 Comments subscribe now
    [​IMG]
    "I meddle in their lives and they meddle back. It's an equal meddling dynamic. I tell my kids, 'It's my job to embarrass you occasionally – just live with it.'"
    Susan Sarandon, on being a meddling mom, to PEOPLE
    Adela Loconte/WireImage
    By Michael Miller

@write_miller
    05/15/2016 AT 02:00 PM EDT

Susan Sarandon isn't holding back when it comes to talking about Woody Allen at the Cannes Film Festival.

"I think he sexually assaulted a child and I don’t think that’s right," the actress said during Variety and Kering’s Women in Motion talk, alongside her Thelma & Louise costar Geena Davis.

"I have nothing good to say about him," she added. "I don’t want to go there."

Controversy surrounding Allen has swirled at the festival since opening night, when his new film Café Society premiered. Ronan Farrow, the director's son with Mia Farrow, wrote a column in The Hollywood Reporter about his sister Dylan's allegations that Allen sexually abused her as a child. In the article, Ronan condemned the media for not asking Allen tough questions, and called out stars for continuing to work with the director, comparing the situation to Bill Cosby.

Allen has long denied the allegations, writing in The New York Times in 2014, "of course, I did not molest Dylan." In 1993, a Connecticut prosecutor decided not to pursue charges against Allen because, he said, Dylan was too "fragile" for a trial.

He also addressed Ronan's article during interviews on Thursday, telling PEOPLE and a small group of reporters, "I've said everything I have to say about the whole situation in The New York Times. I have so moved on. I never think about it. I work and do my movies."

"I just think it's so silly, the whole thing," he added, according to The Washington Post.

He later admitted he hasn't read Ronan's essay, telling Variety: "I never read anything. I never read what you say about me or the reviews of my film. I made the decision I think five years ago never to read a review of my movie. Never read an interview. Never read anything, because you can easily become obsessed with yourself."

The director also became the center of attention during the opening night ceremony, when according to Variety, French comedian and emcee Laurent Lafitte joked, "It's very nice that you've been shooting so many movies in Europe, even if you are not being convicted for rape in the U.S."

Lafitte has since claimed the joke was misinterpreted, telling The Hollywood Reporter that Roman Polanski was actually its intended target.

2. ChuckZ

ChuckZ You're so pusillanimous, oh yea.

Reputations:
    You're "Shot Dead", posting from the grave?

3. RH Goatcabin

RH Goatcabin Notable Member VIP

Reputations:
    Would smash Susan SaranWrap. :madsex:

4. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    He later admitted he hasn't read Ronan's essay, telling Variety: "I never read anything. I never read what you say about me or the reviews of my film. I made the decision I think five years ago never to read a review of my movie. Never read an interview. Never read anything, because you can easily become obsessed with yourself."

Yeah, I think he's got that covered already .... :ucoffee:

5. Tish

Tish Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree. I'll never overlook what he's done by a couple good movies. And I mean a couple. I met/saw the weirdo in NYC when I was young. He showed up to play the clarinet. The waiter told us not to make eye contact or ask for a autograph. First of all I would never ask anyone for their signature. Totally weird, and yeah fuck Woody Allen.

6. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I never liked Woody Allan. I liked Woodyee on the Stern show. He was funny.
    Susan Sarandon is holding up well for her age.

7. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Bobby Slayton was on Jay Thomas last week. His wife had died 6 weeks earlier. He was happy to get a role in a Woody Allen project, though, so he went and did it something like 10 days after she died. Not exactly deep in mourning. Anyway, these hollywood types are so in awe of Woody Allen it's vomitous. He spoke with Woody on the set and Woody asked "how's the family?" and Slayton gives him an "ok". Then "how's the wife?" He wouldn't even tell the guy his wife died. Because Woody is the delicate genius and they're such fame whores they feel they don't want to do anything to upset him.

8. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    Mel gibson says some shit about jews and he is black balled from hollywood

Woody allen and roman polansky are creep sex offenders and get a new award every week.

9. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    when will people understand that girls and woman are not valued

10. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    Unless girls/women are the target of racist comments.

Rape and molestation is fair game though

11. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    WA is garbage, actors/actresses are also garbage for working with him.

Cookie_Puss, Cheri, Lemmy and 5 others like this.
  12. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wown that is EXTREMELY weird slayton seemed like a normal guy too

13. Wiggy

Wiggy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I completely understand that right now. Now get in the kitchen and make me a sangwhich, sugar tits.

14. TheHighHat

TheHighHat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    At best, Woody, like Howard, is an emotional coward, by partnering with much younger damaged goods (has anybody posted a clip of Ralph making that "damaged goods" comment about Howard and women? if so: link, please). Obviously, there's a much more twisted aspect to Woody's situation. But having said that, they're still married. There's obviously something real there.

At worst, he's a monster.

I don't think he sexually abused his daughter. The way Richard Roeper told it to Artie on his podcast, the kid originally said it didn't happen/didn't remember it, then Mia took her for ice cream, and when she came back, the kid said Woody diddled her and had details.

Mia seems completely crazy. Like Courtney Love seems crazy enough to have had Kurt killed, I think Mia is crazy enough to plant fake abuse stories in the mind of one of her kids.

Hell hath no fury......

I actually watched "Hannah & Her Sisters" yesterday. Great flick. Dianne Wiest is fucking awesome in it (and so many other things), but two lines stuck out in light of all that has happened.

Woody brings his kids birthday gifts. They don't respond or thank him, so he says "Hey, a little hug? What is this? How about a little action from the kids?"

"How about a little action from the kids"?!?!?

:facepalm:

In the movie, Woody plays a tv producer of an apparently edgy comedy show. There's this exchange:

Woody: "You Standards and Practices?|Why is the sketch dirty?"
    suit: "Child molestation is a touchy subject..."
    Woody: "Half the country's doing it!"
    suit: "Yes, but you name names."
    Woody: "We don't. We say ''The Pope''"

"Half the country is doing it"?!?

:facepalm:

Are these merely examples of odd and unfortunate phrasings, or are they betraying something sinister? I'd like to and will continue to believe the former, but I would understand it if someone thought otherwise.

DiamondGoddess and stanggirl like this.
  15. Fillmore Fingers

Fillmore Fingers Sandy Vag Banned User

Reputations:
    Who cares. Woody still makes movies and is with the broad.

16. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I watched a documentary a few years back called Wild Man Blues. Cameras followed Woody around as he and a jazz band payed all across Europe. The thing that I found interesting was that Soon-Yi appeared to be the adult in their relationship. She was the "mother" to Woody's adolescent child. It was very weird, but like someone said in a post above, they've been married for 20 years, so who knows? Maybe she pulled a Beth and set her hooks into the old rich Jew while still young. When he kicks of she's set for life. At least she only see's cats as food, not pets.

17. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Early Woody was great.. first as a stand up comedian (you can readily google "woodie allen quotes" which were hysterical). His first few movies including Take The Money And Run (no this note says "gub"), Bananas, Sleeper (the Orgasmatron), and Everything You Wanted To Know about Sex......" were a laugh a minute in the early-mid 70s. Then he had success making artsy fartsy movies like Annie Hall and it went to his head. He became a different guy IMO

18. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    In "Bananas", his character has this line: "I'm doing a sociological study on perversion. I'm up to 'Advanced Child Molesting'."

I have no idea if all that betrays anything sinister, but it's a goddamn weird place to go for comedy.

19. garypagetwo

garypagetwo The Gun Gold

Reputations:
    I think Dawg killed his account after he posted the thread because Dawg was gonna post this story in a few days

20. ChuckZ

ChuckZ You're so pusillanimous, oh yea.

Reputations:
    Maybe they killed him within a minute of the first post, hasn't posted since.

garypagetwo likes this.