Swing States should be eliminated

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Goods, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Goods

Goods Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If you live here, Howard wants to get rid of you.

[​IMG]

2. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I think everyone's ok with just eliminating any states that vote differently than Howard. Agreed?

3. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Concentrating on swing states seems like paying no attention to more than 47% of the electorate. :nocheer:

[​IMG]

4. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    N.C. NOT a swing state. It's going R.

And........

Move this shit to politics please.

5. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    I think that Obama's team needs to be more worried about losing the Senate AND the White House.

I don't expect that to happen, but the polls show otherwise this AM.

Then again, the current crop of Republicans can't find their ass with both hands, so I'm not sure why I'd have any faith in them to fuck things up less than the Pelosi crowd.

6. Mr Doodle

Mr Doodle Active Member

Reputations:
    We had idiot founders who put us on an Electoral College rather than something normal like whoever gets the most votes wins the election. Hopefully right wingers will get with the program and abolish the Electoral College but that won't happen until they see Texas slide away from them.

Also, post this shit in the politics section, don't want to see everyone inundated with political threads in the Stern & Bar areas.

7. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'll gladly shed swing states from this country if it meant never seeing or hearing from any buchwald client ever again. Deal, Howard?

8. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    And state legislatures are quietly removing swing states from the equation. Both democrat and GOP congresses on the state level are slipping through riders in bills that mandate that the state no longer assign its electoral votes based on the popular vote of the state, but rather the popular vote of the nation. This legislation, once passed,miles dormant until enough states adopt such a measure that over 271 electoral college have such a law, at which time, the remaining states lose their autonomy and become irrelevant. Think states like Iowa have a problem now keeping their populous? Just wait. This is a perfect example of why nobody should be a political fanatic: in the end, you get the feeling of having won something, but the only real winners are the two candidates and their parties.

9. Dick Gozinya

Dick Gozinya Active Member

Reputations:
    Remember when Howard was running for governor of NY? :jj:

10. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    Wiggy is an idiot. end of thread. :happywave:

11. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Perhaps we should eliminate the Hamptons.

12. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Less then 25% of the population voted for Obama last election.
    25% that rule over 75% is not a democracy.

This election will be the same. Under 50% of American will vote. About 51% on the winner and 49% on the looser.

I actually agree with the over 50% that don't vote. It does not matter what you vote on. They have the same politic.
    USA have some holy cows that need to be slaughtered. Why spend 50% of the budget on military? No one is threatening you. I never hear any American say this. Why have troops all around the world? Why sacrifice one single US life for idiots around the world that don't appreciate the help? Why not send a bill for protecting the world? Why pay aid to all countries in the world?

And of course immigration. The reason why so many are unemployed. 4 million new "Americans" each year = even if 3 million jobs are created = unemployment goes up. There is no reason for US to take in low educated immigrants. It only hurts America.

Close the borders for 4-8 years and unemployment will be cut by more then 50%. Only accept highly educated persons.
    Stop all aid. Withdraw the troops. Slash military spending. If some crazy arab do something: stop caring about collateral damage. Send 200 cruise missiles on random targets in that country = they will shut up. If not: send 400 cruise missiles and so on.

The US people should also be afraid that Obama have a 96% approval rating outside US. That is evidence that he don't put America first.

13. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    or it could be evidence we are wisely bamboozling them.
    what would you rather have, tough speech or tough action?
    there is zero benefit from everyone hating us.

14. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i always thought the perfect job for obama is secretary general of the UN...there's no doubt in my mind that he believes there should be more equality among nations....that it's our responsibility to bring other nations up to our standard of living even though it will also mean lowering ours....redistributing our wealth to the turd world.
    IMO, he's an awful president ....blaming a video for the turmoil in the ME, constantly apologizing. he doesn't represent me or my values.

15. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    but weren't you for liberating the Iraqis and bringing their standard of living up, and doing it with U.S. taxpayers money? :dontknow:

16. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    this is an idiotic statement. you can also say less than 25% of americans voted for mccain. if 50% of america CHOOSES not to vote, how is that 'not a democracy'?

17. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    absolutely not.....i couldn't care less what happens in the ME. just keep the oil flowing and let israel defend itself (without our help).

18. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    ok, so you think bush was an awful president too then. (foreign policy-wise)

i agree. worry about us first. seal our borders, not ME borders

19. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    i agree with Wiggy, but for totally different reasons (i didnt hear him, but im sure he offered no insight).

The Electoral College is the problem. This isnt the 19th century, if the electorate is not educated, that is their fault.

Direct vote FTW.

20. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Howard doesn't like undecided voters because they may swing the election to Romney. Howard doesn't like swing states because they may swing the election to Romney.

He'd be singing a different tune if this was in Obama's favor.

That said, the Electoral College is out-dated. With my state, Georgia, solidly in the Romney corner, there is no campaigning in Georgia by either candidate. They may come to Georgia to raise money, but that's it. Neither has an interest in the voters here because to both candidates, they are all won or all lost. It disenfranchises the voters.

The same can be said of California, New York, Texas, Mississippi, New Jersey, etc, etc, etc. It's stupid to still have the Electoral College today. Time to go for a pure popular vote.