Sympathy for Howard Stern?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0, Sep 20, 2012.

1. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
    I wonder how many of us would have also sold our souls if in his position.

It is pretty common. Once you are elevated to certain social circles and pressures, it is difficult to not change. It seems most people who become celebrities detach from their roots.

This doesn't explain why Gary is such a D-bag though.

2. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
    D'oh

3. terrell

terrell New Member

Reputations:
    this place could use some furniture.

4. ClumpyStern

ClumpyStern HSS-clean since Dec 2011 VIP

Reputations:
    I think you got it backwards. Once you're at the very top and you have what anybody in his right mind would recognize as "FU" money, you have less of an excuse to become an ass-sucking phony, and an unmitigated hypocritical douchebag, not more of an excuse. I just heard a replay with the guy who won $18 million (before taxes) and the Wig's advice to him was to "just stay home" with his $18 million. Meanwhile, he's worth at least 10 or 20 or 50 times that amount and he can't keep his boney flat ass off of the same red carpets and fuckin' movie "screenings" that he used to send out SJ to so he could relentlessly goof on all the self-important vapid celebutards who attend that kinda nonsense. On the other hand, Gary is totally dependant on Howard and on the "A-list" idiots in the entertainment world to maintain a job and an income after the wigged one retires and he doesn't have "FU" money. Gary's the one with an excuse for being a sycophant; Howard has simply revealed himself as someone whose "anger" and "disdain" for the Hollywood elite through all those years of great radio was nothing more than sour grapes that they had what he desperately coveted all that time.

5. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Leno is the benchmark: he's reached the epitome of his craft and popularity but never lost sight of who he is and his humanity. If anything he's given money back to save jobs.

6. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    I sold my soul for a shit-load of medals. Now look at me!

7. Yeahnolisten

Yeahnolisten Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He was always an asshole - all that bullshit about him being nice to his staff was easy for him - they were willing to get abused for next to nothing and he reaped all the financial rewards. To all those who disagree, I give you Jackie - a guy who felt at least some of that syndication money was his but didn't want that greedy shitbag Don as his agent and look what happened to him. He was ALWAYS a one-way scumbag.

8. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I heard once, the only reason rich people put up w/each other is because of their money. :dontknow:

9. TheLACritic

TheLACritic Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This is what amazes me about Howard and anyone who defends him. He's got so much money and yet he fights over every last dime at the expense of the quality of his show, the people who work for him and the people who support him. It's amazing. Why the need for a million commercials which he has said in the past ruin his show. He used to blame WXRK and others for forcing him to have all those commercials. There's so many other things he does like that including only helping others when there's something in it for him.