WTF Syracuse man recorded video of dying toddler he's accused of fatally beating

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by boognishstern, Sep 17, 2015.

1. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    this fucker is in my area...only 25yrs???:punch:

Syracuse man recorded video of dying toddler he's accused of fatally beating
    [​IMG]
    Celeta Johnson provided a photo of her 18-month-old daughter Azaleyah Johnson (Provided by Celeta Johnson)
    Print Email
    [​IMG] By Douglass Dowty | ddowty@syracuse.com
    Follow on Twitter
    on September 17, 2015 at 4:54 PM, updated September 17, 2015 at 5:51 PM
    Reddit
    Mom's boyfriend charged in baby's death
    All Stories
    [​IMG]Kendell CooperSyracuse Police Department
    Syracuse, NY -- A Syracuse man recorded his girlfriend's dying baby before calling his own mother -- not 911 -- for help, a prosecutor said today.

The last moments of 18-month-old Azaleyah Johnson's life were played for a jury during trial this week in County Court.

Kendell Cooper, 29, is facing a manslaughter charge in her death. He's accused of beating her so badly that her liver nearly tore in two.

The morning of Nov. 29, 2014, Cooper recorded Azaleyah in a diaper after she suffered the fatal blows, prosecutor Melinda McGunnigle said during closing statements in Cooper's trial this afternoon.

But Cooper asserted that he took the video to show his girlfriend, Celeta Johnson, how the baby was "acting strange," said defense lawyer Ed Klein. Cooper said he couldn't send it because it was too large a file to transmit.

After recording the video, Cooper called the girl's mother and his own mother. He did not call 911 and later refused to provide information to responders, McGunnigle said.

In his closing remarks, Klein argued that the baby's mother could have also beaten the baby before she left for work that morning.

He noted that Celeta Johnson's testimony during the trial included inaccuracies, which he described as lies and McGunnigle described as honest mistakes that pointed to her overall truthfulness.

Klein pointed out that Johnson has had three previous children taken away from her and had previous violent incidents. McGunnigle said her children were taken away because Johnson was in abusive relationships, not because she was abusive.

In the years since then, Johnson had rented her own apartment, had a job at a Cricket phone store and had gotten off welfare, McGunnigle said.

Both sides agreed that the baby adored her mother. But Klein argued that Johnson could have slapped her daughter around and kicked her before heading to work. The baby had been sick and was trying her mother's patience, Klein suggested.

He suggested that her response to news of her baby's injuries -- never asking Cooper what he'd done to her daughter -- indicted that she knew what injuries had been inflicted.

But McGunnigle told the jury to look at the facts at trial. She noted that Cooper was home with mother and daughter earlier that morning. Had Johnson injured her baby that badly, certainly he would have heard the baby scream or cry out, the prosecutor said.

The only explanation that made sense was that Cooper beat the baby after her mother left to work, McGunnigle said. Cooper then recorded the video as a way to show that he wasn't responsible -- who would injure a baby and then record it?

After recording the baby in a diaper, he dressed her before responders arrived. McGunnigle suggested he was trying to hide her bruises.

But Klein argued that Johnson's reaction when she found out her baby was injured didn't make sense. Johnson was with a client at the cell phone store when Cooper called her shortly before 10 a.m. to say the baby wasn't well.

Johnson didn't drop everything and rush home or call 911, Klein noted. But that's because Cooper didn't tell her how badly the baby was injured, the prosecutor countered.

By the time Cooper called his own mom and she arrived to call 911, it was too late. There was no hope of saving Azaleyah when responders arrived.

Two medical experts offered different time frames for Azaleyah's death. The prosecution's witness said Azaleyah would have died within 30 minutes of the attack, making Cooper responsible. But the defense expert suggested it could have happened earlier in the morning, when Celeta Johnson was still home.

Johnson has denied involvement in an interview with Syracuse.com. She called Cooper a "monster."

The jury is expected to begin deliberations Friday. Cooper faces up to 25 years in prison if convicted.

smichal and shitba like this.
  2. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    @hoochieking, here's a dark monster that needs to go back.

1Vegasgirl and Pooh bear like this.
  3. the G-man

the G-man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is a not uncommon dumb thug move now. They videotape the kid they've beaten and try to create some sort of self-serving video to show in court later. Stupid asswipes don't realize they're just creating evidence against themselves. The best part is they actually will harangue their defense attorneys with "yo, man, why ain't you showing that video ?"

1Vegasgirl, Tyrus and boognishstern like this.
  4. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Gee, I wonder why so many black people are angry. Maybe it's because they're being abused en masse.

5. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    :sad:

stash and boognishstern like this.
  6. Chicken Soda

Chicken Soda Unknown Member

Reputations:
    Worldstar

7. SorryBoff

SorryBoff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    By each other you mean right?

8. Slow

Slow All The Pieces Matter DawgShed News

Reputations:
    i'm taking bets....filmed in landscape or portrait?

9. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Often by Momma and the boyfriend de jour.

10. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I swear- we are going to fucking hell....

11. eliasbboy

eliasbboy Insert Witty Title Here Staff Member

Reputations:
    Mother fucker. I can't even stand to read the whole thing.

This is not the first time he's abused a baby?

I kid you not, if asked to volunteer I could very easily without a blip on my conscience or rise in my blood pressure kill this prick with my bare hands.

How the fuck do you arrest a guy like that and not just want to throw him in front of a train?

What now? We get to pay for a trial, all the expenses that go along with the investigation, and then pay to house and feed this piece of shit for the next 30+ years while he charges the tax payers again and again for appeals.

I'd slit his goddamn throat with his own femur.

12. eliasbboy

Reputations:
    If I get diagnosed with ebola and only have one day to live, I'll spend 23 hours and 55 minutes with my family, and the last 5 minutes making that fuckstick wish he never flopped out of his mother's cavernous twat.

13. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    :golfclap:
    You're a good dude, that's why :)

14. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    She had already lost three previous kids. That is what really upsets me. Our 13 year old was given to her aunt by her father so she could raise her. Her aunt had already lost four kids. What did she do? Had four more plus her brother's kid. She had no business having one kid let alone nine. Every single kid was taken from her. I hope her uterus fell out and she's unable to have any more. She has ruined enough lives.

15. eliasbboy

Reputations:
    I've thought more about this. Fuck both parents. The guys has a history of beating kids and you have him watch your baby.

Fuck you too. Why not just throw a loaded gun and some syringes in the the crib while you're making such great life choices.

Better yet, fuck all these assholes having these babies they can't afford and don't know how to raise.

Eveyone, black, white, yellow, fucking plaid, gets their tubes tied and nuts cut at birth. When you turn 18 you can apply to have shit put back in working order. There will be credit checks, background checks AND A GODDAMN I. Q. TEST. If you can't pass them all you don't get a fucking kid. Time to help Darwin along.

16. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I honestly wish this were possible.

17. codeine

codeine Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Same here.... It's about time we set up a system that approves you to have children.

My white trash cousins have a kids left and right and live off the system and drink & do blow every fucking weekend while their kids starve and go from home to home. The state stepps in and sends the kids away to a home for a month but they always get the kids back. My point..... They should not be allowed to have children.

18. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    This isn't that uncommon. It happened to one of Adrian Peterson's illegitimate children. Horrible.

boognishstern likes this.
  19. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Way too sad from title. NO WAY am I reading :no: :(

IfTheyOnlyKnew and boognishstern like this.
  20. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    yeah, do yourself a favor. don't.

IfTheyOnlyKnew, codeine and LaserT like this.