tai chi - tai chi chih - qigong

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by sstressed, May 9, 2015.

1. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    are any of you into it?

i've wanted to try tai chi for years but always blew it off. i was into karate and a little judo and aikido for years so the movements are familiar.

i use a treadmill and occasionally the bowflex and some free weights but i hurt my elbow a year or so ago and lifting/pulling movements just aggravate it.

i found a local tai chi group but they don't meet until the afternoon and that doesn't work for me. after watching a bunch of youtubes and reading a lot i decided to concentrate on tai chi chih for awhile. it's a simplified style of tai chi.

i was going to get a dvd but i found a bunch of decent youtubes so i'll try them out first.

i thought about yoga but the extreme stretching does not entice me.

i figure i'll post here again in a week or so saying i stopped. :yay:

tai chi - slow, calm, serene...the exercise for pot heads! :leaf:

2. low selfestitle

low selfestitle Moderator Staff Member

Reputations:
    I did it about 20 years ago and loved it. Only stopped because the practise space needed outgrew the square footage of my apartment.

sstressed likes this.
  3. sstressed

Reputations:
    3 days in. i'm still doing it. i like it.

the plan is to learn 3 forms, work on them for a week, then add 3 more until i get them all down.

i used to do some yoga breathing exercises way back when and this is bringing back some old routines that i'm going to incorporate into my work outs.

i went dancing last week and i'm still a bit sore. :jj:
    :nocheer:

4. low selfestitle

low selfestitle Moderator Staff Member

Reputations:
    :up:

5. sstressed

Reputations:
    i have an odd habit of getting into something and over doing it. i started a harder workout after 20 mins of tai chi and now my mid back is sore. i don't recall being stiff just at mid back before. i'm not sure if it's sore as in work through it or it's sore because i'm old and it's saying STOP!!!! :nooo:
    :lol:

so ima take it easy for a couple days and try to keep in mind that i have muscles that haven't been used in awhile when i start back up again.

after all these years, you'd think i'd learn, but no... :jj: