Take my wife. Please.

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by eliasbboy, Jul 25, 2011.

1. eliasbboy

eliasbboy Insert Witty Title Here Staff Member

Reputations:
    I need to vent. Bear with me.

My wife took the kids to her aunt's house for the weekend. I stayed home to get some work done around our new house.

I worked MY ASS OFF to the point of dizziness and nausea from the heat yesterday, and I hurt my back on Saturday moving a freezer by myself. the most work needed is in our garage. It's a 3 car garage, but I am going to be using the 3rd stall as a woodworking area. Our movers simply dumped anything they weren't sure of into the garage, so sorting it has been a pain in the ass. (That by the way is my wife's fault, as it was her job to simply stand outside and direct the movers, but she decided she wanted to be inside to watch them.)

I haven't mentioned my back to my wife because she just gets pissed when I injure it. She called me when she got home today to tell me I forgot to take out the garbage. I was aware of this fact, as when the trucks came by early this morning, I was unable to get out of bed with my back. I asked her if she had noticed anything else about the house yet and she said "No. I haven't even gone in yet."

Later she called to complain about something else, and when I asked her if she had noticed anything yet, she said, "Yeah, I saw how you had moved around and some stuff in different spots in the garage."

In reality, I broke down and moved a huge patio set into the basement, many, many huge Halloween decorations I have built over the years, and tons and tons of other stuff over dozens of trips to the basement. I cleared out nearly an entire stall worth of stuff.

Clearly the woman isn't blind, so the only reason to "downplay" my work by calling it simply "moving stuff around" is just to piss me off.

What I don't get is why? What the fuck. She's been gone for 3 days playing at a beach house (and didn't take 1 picture by the way, because she said it was just too much of a pain) and I've been home busting my ass. My easy go lucky attitude is nearing an end.

2. ChuckZ

ChuckZ You're so pusillanimous, oh yea.

Reputations:

You and Mislead need to compare notes.

3. eliasbboy

Reputations:
    To quote John Wayne, it's gettin to be re-goddamn-diculous.

The calling about the garbage thing kills me. What good does calling me do? Am I able to go back in time and correct it? Am I a fucking dog that needs his nose rubbed into a pile of shit left on the floor?

Oh noes. My garbage might go bad now.:rolleye:

4. ChuckZ

ChuckZ You're so pusillanimous, oh yea.

Reputations:
    Mislead got yelled at for stinking after he took a shower. One of hundreds of such things.

5. Partyxanimal

Partyxanimal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Did you make her mad by not going with her to the beach house , Some women get pissed about some stupid shit.

6. eliasbboy

Reputations:
    Not at all. It was her idea. It's just hard to get much work done around the house while playing with the kids, so she thought it was a win win.

She said a few times, "You know you can always go if you really wanted to, of course."

Not once was there any mention of "Gee, I wish you were going with."

7. eliasbboy

Reputations:
    I'd shit on my own couch.

8. tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Useless without pics.

9. eliasbboy

Reputations:
    :lol:

10. eliasbboy

Reputations:
    Fine smartass.:jj: Here's the garage before we moved in. Picture it like this, just with more stuff.

[​IMG]

11. k4D3t

k4D3t Reverse Apache Master VIP

Reputations:
    it sounds like she recognizes that it was your fault for failing to label the boxes properly in the first place :D

12. tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Where around the Chicagoland area are you? Not exact, just north, south, west etc etc. I'm south burbs and soon to be north.

13. k4D3t

Reputations:
    this reminds me a little of the moving scene in There's Something About Mary

14. eliasbboy

Reputations:
    DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE FUCKING BOX LABELS!!!!!!!!

I explained it to her a dozen times. The concept it so fucking simple. I even bought different color, big, square labels so she could just tell the guys, "Red goes here, blue goes there", yadda yadda.

What does she do? Decides not to use the big fucking labels, but instead write in a pen, about the size of your thumb, the name of the location the boxes CAME FROM.:suicide:

I asked her, do we have a "crawl space" in our new house? " to which she answered No, of course. I asked, "Then why in god's name do the boxes over there have "Crawlspace" written on them?!!

Her answer? "How else am I supposed to know where they are going to go?"

:facepalm:

15. eliasbboy

Reputations:
    I'm far south and west now. Around 355 and 80.

16. tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Reputations:

That 355 extension was a godsend for that area.

17. k4D3t

Reputations:
    my wife totally fucked me over as well when she supervised the movers last time around -- females dont seem to get that if the Mexican with the bad back doesnt put the box in the correct room, the guy with the bad back who lives in the house has to do it

inability to supervise manual laborers is just one of many inherent weaknesses in females

they are no better at supervising laborers than my 6 year old son is at supervising me drive a car

18. eliasbboy

Reputations:
    I never gave it a second of thought until I moved out there, now I love it and it was the smartest idea ever.:jj:

19. eliasbboy

Reputations:
    I told her, just stay by the truck. as they come off with boxes, tell them where to go. "But I'd like to see where they're putting them". I said, "If you aren't out there, and they go by what you wrote, they're going to start digging a crawlspace to put them in. How can you watch them put something somewhere they don't know about yet?!"

At one point I found her in the kitchen, looking at the living room and telling me "They haven't brought anything in here yet.":suicide:

20. RH Goatcabin

RH Goatcabin Notable Member VIP

Reputations:
    You have three options for a retaliatory strike.

1. Fuck her in the ass.

2. Leave a massive steamer in the toilet in the Master Bathroom.

3. Run. You're probably young.

Those avenues are your only hope for salvation.