Tapes team still getting their jabs in -- retarded singing

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Mr Pink, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They manage to slip a few segments by the PC Wig once in a while still.

This time on the 2-5-15 THS Tapes. About half way through I heard a segment which was new to me. It's about retarded people who put an album out. They must have used the word retard(ed) 200 times in that segment -- often times derogatorily.

Originally from the 4/12/02 Show at 6:05am. http://www.marksfriggin.com/news02/4-8.htm

I would embed, but as usual with Thology and Tapes and real old Shows, there is no stream to link to, only download which I can't post. Sorry.

Fun fact: The sound bite of a guy singing "Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Jennifer Holiday..." was from that segment. (Always wondered where that drop came from.)

2. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ah, the good old days when mocking the retarded was funny. Sadly now replaced by cock talk and kittens.

3. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    I'm listening to the show from '95 and '96 and it's brutal. N-bombs all over the place, Jackie laughing at horrible news, Howard making fun of people with wigs, vapid celebrities, and old guys with young wives. Very, very, very non PC, and very funny.

teehee, kingship and XaltedSmoke like this.
  4. A Succulent Chinese Meal

A Succulent Chinese Meal Oh, that's a nice headlock, sir. VIP

Reputations:
    There was a segment on today where Gilbert and Artie were talking about blacks being lazy and loving watermelon.

XaltedSmoke likes this.
  5. yourmomanddad

yourmomanddad Active Member

Reputations:
    Any chance you could recommend a particular date to listen to? Would love to hear some classic 95 or 96 stern

RenchFries likes this.
  6. lestanyonethink

lestanyonethink Hey, how do I know Connie? VIP Gold

Reputations:
    How's Your News!
    http://howsyournews.com/background/

I used to like those drops:
    "Jennifer Halllllll-ow-ayyy... Jennifer Hallll-ow-ayyy""
    "When you're down and out, there's one place you can go... Las Vayyyyy-gas... Las Vayyyyy-gas!"
    "Put on your dancing shoes, and tell us how's your news"....

7. rockstarhair

rockstarhair Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The funniest thing about that was the guy who sang "Las Vegas" sounded like KC Armstrong.:snicker:

teehee likes this.
  8. RenchFries

Reputations:
    I started on January 1 with '95, and I'm almost through it, because I only have January & February for that year. Almost all of it is very, very funny. The news is by far the best part of the show. Daniel Carver also makes a few appearances, and they constantly make fun of the whole OJ trial. Great common-sense commentary on it and hilarious street interviews with black people about it. A lot of random stuff happens, too. I have all of '96, so that'll be next. I started listening in 2011 and didn't miss a show until summer 2014 or so because it got boring. I can totally see why longtime fans are bummed about what it has become now.

jcosey likes this.
  9. jeffy3

jeffy3 Member

Reputations:

It would be so cool if Fred would play the How's Your News theme out of the blue before Robin's news instead of the tedious song parodies about hot how Robin is.

teehee likes this.
  10. RenchFries

Reputations:
    I'm listening to 03-13 of '95 now and they're talking about the Jerry Springer audience, and just launched into imitating bush people from Africa :jj: making jokes about AIDS and rape, while Fred is playing jungle monkey sounds in the background. :roll:

11. Javaforgotme

Javaforgotme Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Jeez - if there were a show like that on Sirius I'd actually pay to listen to it!

Too bad it only exists in memory.

12. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    One thing that was cool about the old shows is that there was a constant stream of staff in and out of the studio. It REALLY added to the show to have all the other interactions which were invariably funny -- given that they usually devolved into throwing under the bus and directing the attention away from whoever was being scrutinized.

That's the ONE thing that would instantly improve the show -- more people in the studio with staff participation. It used to be an open door policy it seemed like. Now, the door is ruled with a wigged fist.

That and getting rid of the PC fear which has Coward trembling.

13. RenchFries

Reputations:
    Yeah. When I got my hands on a bunch of old shows, I was afraid it was going to be dated. Aside from a couple of obvious cultural references, this is top-notch comedy. The fact that they can't swear doesn't affect the show in a negative way, at all. It's absolutely relentless. It's a super high-energy show and all the players are constantly bouncing off each other. Even Robin is great.

Indeed. Gary gets so much shit constantly it's unbelievable. They pile on on Scott the Engineer, too.