Tapes Team Strikes Again (Talking shit about Neil Young)

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Mr Pink, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Stern was talking to Norm (9-12 Sternthology) about SNL and when Neil Young was on with Pearl Jam.

Says: 'It's funny because he's walking around like he's trying to be young but he's 100 years old' 'looks like he's gonna have a heart attack' 'old guy "pouncing" around on the stage...it's just not pretty anymore'.

These guys have balls and can count on Howie putting zero effort or time into the content they produce.

Nemo, Head Censor and PelicanWig like this.
  2. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    how dare anyone mock such a legendary rock song writer

hey fools, he's not trying to be Young, he is Young, and that's Mr Young to you

3. kicksave7

kicksave7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:

I remember that! That was back when he said things like that about most celebrities....like Jennifer Aniston, Kathie Lee Gifford, Rosie O'Donnell etc. etc....

4. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    I think you may be on to something here, Mr. Pink, but I'm not 100% convinced.

I too have noticed increasingly numerous occasions where the Sternthology show on 101 in the afternoon will contain segments in which Wiggy will state an opinion that's diametrically opposed to something he said on the live show earlier that very morning.

At first, like you, I wondered if the tapes team was possibly taking some not too subtle jabs at the Marble Master.

But the more I think about, given Hampton Howie's recent near total capitulation to the tenets of political correctness, I don't know that it would be possible to find any archives more than five years old, on any subject, that wouldn't be completely at odds with anything that were to come out of his mouth today.