Tapes team today

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by aquadog, Aug 20, 2014.

1. aquadog

aquadog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Played a segment about the death of cleft palate and the story he told was almost word for word the same as robin Williams. "I kept telling gary that I had to see Cleft Palate...get Cleft Palate on the phone...and then he's dead." Then in the same conversation he goes into the same thing about Dana Reeves. "I wrote her a note when I found out she had cancer and didn't hear back so the other day I said to Beth ten times...why haven't I heard back...something bad is going on...I had this feeling and then...she's dead." I guess that's just how he inserts himself into any story about a death. Either that or he's psychic.

2. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The tapes team is constantly fucking with wiggy. Good stuff.

XaltedSmoke, NotMyBro, Petal and 2 others like this.
  3. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I found an example in Marksfriggin where he said something similar about Ed Bradley. Howard is despicable, any lie is acceptable as long as it gets attention for him:

Howard's Tribute To Ed Bradley. 11/13/06. 6:00am
    • Robin said the cancer turned crazy and got very aggressive with him and that's what got him. Howard said just about a week ago he was telling Beth that he really liked Ed and he'd like to invite him over to dinner. He thought it might come across as kind of strange so he never did call him. He said he was going to call him but he thinks of himself as an asshole and didn't want to bother the guy.

XaltedSmoke and Benjamen like this.
  4. noname2

noname2 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:

I know!! Sometimes it is better to listen to that than the live show. Ah, not sometimes...all the time. Some tapes team guy is a Dawg lover.

Mulletude, NotMyBro and Blur like this.
  5. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Howard and his fellow travelers are dialed into the natural, and supernatural world... I bullshit you not... he ain't' the type of Niger to be fucked with...

Mulletude likes this.
  6. Petal

Petal A girl in a sea of mults VIP

Reputations:
    It's interesting now to look back at Wiggy and his career with a new perspective, isn't it?

Some days I wonder if I could dislike him any more than I do, then I see shit like this where he made more deaths all about him. Such a repeat liar.

The internet and historical tapes are not Wiggy's friends. :grad:

HooHoo, blindbella, Rockside7 and 2 others like this.
  7. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He lies constantly about everything, but these repeated lies regarding peoples deaths show what a super creep he really is.
    He's a vile fuck.

8. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I heard a segment today where Howard was ripping Bruce Springsteen for writing negative songs about cops, and going on about how overrated he was. Joked that he sure shut the fuck up after cops became heroes on 9/11.

A few years later, Bruce was the greatest, etc, and Howard was fully in the PC fold. It's like Howard sat down and made a conscious decision to try and make more people like him, no matter what it took.

Rockside7 likes this.
  9. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Once he started trying to get his Q rating out of the cesspool that it's in, he started being all nicey, nicey.

He's so transparent.

PelicanWig likes this.
  10. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    To add to the list, although this isn't exactly the same thing, Howard said something similar about Sam Simon as well. It was the show after Sam Simon I think went public about his cancer condition. Howard said that he has been meaning to call Sam to talk to him. Something like that. He tried and didn't hear back and howard has been thinking of giving him a call.

11. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Beyonce' too.

12. Shuli sucks

Shuli sucks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Its funny that Howard thinks that him calling them is huge that jedi mind trick only works on peasants

mothra1orbit and PelicanWig like this.
  13. aquadog

aquadog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They totally do. It was such a strange choice for a segment...not particularly funny or meaningful and very short. No reason to pick it except Howard just said the exact same thing about Robin Williams. Funny that Howard never knows that they're screwing with him since he doesn't know what's on his channels.

SillyOldMan likes this.
  14. Thedomina

Thedomina Unfriendly

Reputations:
    It was strange to invite the guy over for dinner, but not strange for him to attend the funeral? He brings that funeral up constantly and thinks he's funny complaining about where he was seated.

blindbella likes this.
  15. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Exactly. It's not just deaths either, Wiggy always tries to get attention by attaching himself to events in the news. Imus is going to be announcing soon whether he's retiring or not and that's bound to get some coverage. Guaranteed Howard's PR team will start press releasing stories about Howard's feelings on the subject (as if anybody cares) and invented connections to Imus. A few media outlets that are desperate for content or on Buchwald's payroll will reprint them and Wiggy will once again get publicity the only way an irrelevant untalented creep like himself can manage.

Lou Skunt likes this.
  16. Kitten Bowl

Kitten Bowl Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Posted this in the Hanzi thread:

Yes, he called in Tuesday to 'confess' that he's a virgin so that they could run JD losing his virginity on Sternthology.

It was sloppy and ham-fisted. They're using the whackpackers to call in with bullshit so the tapes team can re-run similar bits in the afternoon. They did it earlier in the week with Eric's out of nowhere call about re-writing 'Dougie the Puggie'. It's embarrassing.

No more bullshit.

XaltedSmoke and Blur like this.
  17. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    You mean all that psycho therapy hasn't helped his narcissism? :c

Mulletude and check1 like this.
  18. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I would love to be a fly on the wall in those sessions (if they exist). I bet it's nothing but Howard talking/complaining the whole way through with the Dr. just
    nodding and saying 'how does that make you feel?'. Completely worthless. What a dummy.

Lou Skunt likes this.
  19. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    It puzzles me. I know no people in the real world that see a shrink 3 times per week. If you are that bad off I think they usually treat you in patient. So either Howard is lying or he is one of the most mentally ill people in history. I'm like you, I question that his sessions even exist.

20. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It's not like Howard lies about stuff...he's the most honest man around. Just ask him! :giggle: