Tax irony

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    http://www.nationalreview.com/article/417275/msnbcs-tour-has-taxman-his-case-jillian-kay-melchior

I've often wondered if there was a huge swath of people in this country that didn't even bother to pay taxes... And what our government did to those that don't pay them.

At first, I thought of the stereotypical suburban family, with a home, 2-1/2 kids and a dog. The father worked for a living and mother stayed at home & took care of the kids. These guys may seem happy go lucky, but they live in fear of the tax man coming for them if they don't pay on time. Hell, just the threat of an audit was enough to send my parents into a huff.

Then I wondered what some poverty stricken asshole in the ghetto would do. Does he even think about taxes? Or does he say fuck it, and not give it a second thought? Then I thought, there's a lot of assholes out there. The recent protests brought out just how big this population is. They don't seem like folks that would sit down and prep a 1040 by April 15th.

This article pretty much shows that the Irs has no teeth left. what will they do to these deadbeats? Debtors prisons aren't only not constitutional, but recent cases have started linking them to normal repayment practices, getting collection agencies in a lot of trouble. What good is a tax Lein on these assholes?

Which brings me to my point: as a middle class working stiff, am I a fool for believing that everyone pays their taxes?

2. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    or you could go big like scientology and just bully your way into not paying fucking taxes. smother them with lawsuits and then take pics together celebrating when you win tax exempt status

fuck taxes :jj:

3. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP

Reputations:
    Crazy Cabbie got in trouble around '04-'05 for not paying taxes. Did he end up going to jail for that?

4. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    I don't know, I have seen some clients get royally fucked up the ass by the IRS

5. potroast

potroast Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If you don't own anything nobody can do shit.
    I think that's Sharpton's dodge.

6. joe361

joe361 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If they're "poverty stricken" their income tax burden would be 0.0. If they did file they would probably qualify for the earned income tax credit.

scoobyla and ElRexican like this.
  7. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes he did he would call the show from the can.

LawyerLarry likes this.
  8. SorryBoff

SorryBoff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :jj: You pay more taxes than GE

scoobyla likes this.
  9. Bs100

Bs100 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When I took my Federal and state tax courses in law school- I couldn't believe how many tax breaks are written into our code for very select, niche, wealthy individuals and corporations. Any person who works for a living gets fucked over in the tax code- And remember- when people say the poor dont pay taxes- poverty is considered $11,000 per year for an individual.

reno likes this.
  10. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Would Howard pay taxes? I bet he has a team of accountants and lawyers working to really reduce or eliminate paying taxes. meanwhile the little guy pays and pays.

scoobyla likes this.