Team Howard DEFINITELY planted the Howie Mandel story in the NY Post

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Horff, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Horff

Horff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard pretended that he couldn't believe they wrote this story, yet he read the entire story, and then played clips from Extra where they discussed it in detail. If he didn't think it was true or accurate he would have ignored it like he does everything else. Robin was even hinting that she knew he planted the story.

2. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Odd that he was completely on top of this one article

3. Thelma

Thelma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard sure was full of himself today - bragging about the artistic merits of Beth's hair-on-fire photo and then going on about her being a 92. I'm glad I missed the "bit" about the NY Post article.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  4. TriumphVodka

TriumphVodka New Member

Reputations:
    he's building up to a clandestine viral video that will get someone fired.

5. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    yea it was pretty obvious when they were talking about it. if there was a "leak" he would go nuts.

6. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    We've all observed this on many recent occasions....but what made the show so great was that it was tough to tell if things were planted or a staged bit, the brilliance of the HSS was its ability to seem "off the cuff" and unplanned, Howard is so lazy he can't even do that right anymore.

7. Nibbler

Nibbler heaven is in your mind Gold

Reputations:
    I really like Howie Mandel. He seems like a nice guy who never has bothered with or gotten into a feud with anyone. I don't recall anyone ever saying a bad word about him. Has he ever even made the gossip rags? I don't think so. All this time without any controversy and now Howard is in the picture, and suddenly Howie is making a stink and being all jealous!?!? It doesn't fit with Howie's image. Howie doesn't deserve this crap. Howard is a scumbag for doing this to him.

8. AuntDolly

AuntDolly Musculature Gold

Reputations:
    Since the app was all about facial symmetry, how did that wonk-eye rate so high?

I smell dog :shit:

9. Lou Cypher

Lou Cypher New Member VIP

Reputations:
    That's a really good point, Nibbler. You never hear a bad word about Howie Mandel. He's known as being a goofy, lovable family man. People respect him even more for writing about his OCD and being honest about his life. This nasty, jealous rage over Howard isn't at all believable. Howie never mentioned it on Twitter, but he retweeted this from a (his?) press agent:

"Lewis Kay ‏ @lewkay
    Funny how a "source" is more important than "the truth." Even with a quote completely debunking the made up "story."

I really hope there'll come a point where both Howie and Sharon have had enough of Howard's egomaniacal bullshit (at their expense) and let him know it.

10. Thelma

Thelma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howie Mandel and Sharon know all too well they are stuck with Stern. Howard said paranoia is a virtually untreatable condition -- apparently constantly wanting people to be jealous of you must be, too.

11. Horff

Horff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I love when he brags about his fans outnumbering Howie or Sharon fans at the auditions. He is the only one of the three giving away UNLIMITED FREE TICKETS on his show. King of All Insecurity.

12. schnauzer

schnauzer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think all three of them hate each other

13. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    i am totally jealous of howard. he has tons of money and lives in a castle by the sea with a beautiful horse.

14. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    howard will do anything to get himself or the bimbo in the paper(as long as it's relatively positive). i'm waiting for someone to find something that's a bit scandalous (like the mercedes he bought for the stripper). i actually believed howard when he said it was a lie but did he ever sue the post or get a retraction?
    howard won't be able to micro-manage his press forever...and i'm sick of his bullying.

15. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    I am also jealous of his long flowing hair.

16. Trophy Knife

Trophy Knife Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Narcissism is also said to be nearly untreatable. Narcissists get their gratification by tearing others down to build themselves up. This PR stunt is a textbook example.

17. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Of course this stupid, planted "feud" story gets top billing, while actual photos of his daughter "doing lesbian" don't get mentioned. Does anyone still believe the show is anything but staged schtick and AGT conversation for the next four years?