News Teen loses @arm over....shoes?!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Boomer, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Boomer

Boomer Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Reputations:
    A sneaker robbery in Brooklyn, N.Y., today ended with a crashed SUV and a teenage thief losing an arm.

ABC 7 reports that the 39-year-old victim drove to the Canarsie section of Brooklyn for a planned sneaker sale he'd arranged on Craigslist. When he arrived, authorities say that 17-year-old Zachary Sam pulled a gun on him and tried to rob him of the sneakers.

Sam fled after his robbery attempt. The victim panicked and attempted to drive off, pinning Sam to a nearby gate in the process and severing his arm.

Sam then tried to flee the scene by boarding a bus, but was pulled off the bus by the victim. Sam ran home after, collapsing in front of his house.

The sneaker at the center of the crime was a pair of "Aqua" Air Jordan 8s, which can be seen in the video still sitting out in the street.

According to ABC 7, a gun was recovered at the scene of the crime.

UPDATE 2/12: ABC 7 has updated its story with a video of the crime taking place that contradicts the picture painted by its first report. The video shows the driver deliberately mowing the teen down after being robbed of his shoes.

http://solecollector.com/news/teen-arm-severed-air-jordan-robbery/

ARM likes this.
  2. Gitfiddle

Gitfiddle Live Deliciously

Reputations:
  3. JFK

JFK Ask not what your country can do for you. Gold

Reputations:
    Buddy, there's a thread on this from yesterday with some of the greatest one-liners ever.

4. ShutUpSitDown

ShutUpSitDown Your Moral and Intellectual Superior

Reputations:
  5. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That title scared the shit out of me - I was JUST in the Nike outlet in Riverhead LI sneaker hunting.

But THIS @ARM is nothing but a mentor to teens. I even thought about recruiting my own Bucky Barnes or Dick Grayson in my 30s. I opted for a Sam Wilson closer in age.

6. Salvatore Stockbroker

Salvatore Stockbroker Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have a normal sized foot (at most a little bit wide) and can never fit comfortably in Nikes, all of which are cut narrow. I think they're made for girly feet. Maybe the embarrassment of girly feet drove the victim to mow down the teen. Just a hunch.

ARM likes this.
  7. redshirt

redshirt Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    ShutUpSitDown likes this.
  8. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Agreed 100%. I wear a 13 Nike - where I may wear a 12 0r 12.5 Reebok. I can't trust just buying Nike with the size I think I want.

Salvatore Stockbroker likes this.