Sports Tennis hit with match fixing scandal

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by LaserT, Jan 20, 2016.

1. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/...s-world-as-australian-open-gets-underway.html

The world of professional tennis was rocked by a major gambling scandal Monday after a leaked report named dozens of players suspected of rigging matches in exchange for cash, and one of the sport's biggest stars said he wanted those names public.

"I would love to hear names," Roger Federer said Monday. "It's super serious and it's super important to maintain the integrity of our sport."

The contents of the report, prepared by investigators working for the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) and dated from 2008, were first reported on by the BBC and Buzzfeed, which did not name the players involved. Among other notable claims, the report alleged that three possible fixed matches took place at Wimbledon, the most prestigious tournament in tennis.

The report also claims that 16 players ranked in the Top 50 over the past 10 years, including some who have won Grand Slam doubles titles, have been repeatedly reported to tennis authorities for taking part in suspicious matches, with no action being taken by the ATP.

[​IMG]

Also it's amazing all the heat baseball players take with PED's, but tennis, the media and fans turn a blind eye to obvious steroid use of champions in tennis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    ljc and yaddc like this.
  2. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    Name names!

3. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    That's what I would like to know too, but I have a feeling tennis will cover up for their star players like baseball has.