Tennis player accused of 'racist' impersonation of Serena Williams...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Dec 11, 2012.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Tennis player Caroline Wozniacki accused of 'racist' impersonation of Serena Williams by stuffing bra and pants

• The 22-year-old Dane stuffed courtside towels down her kit to mimic the voluptuous figure of Williams
    • Walked out on the court to laughter during her exhibition match against Maria Sharapova in Sao Paulo
    By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 09:17 GMT, 11 December 2012 | UPDATED: 14:22 GMT, 11 December 2012

Caroline Wozniacki has been accused of doing a 'racist' impersonation of fellow tennis player Serena Williams after stuffing her bra and shorts.

At a recent exhibition against Maria Sharapova in Brazil, the former world No. 1 stuffed courtside towels down her kit to replicate the body of the curvaceous Grand Slam champion.

But now the 22-year-old Dane, whose boyfriend golfer Rory McIlroy was in the crowd, has now been accused of racism by some observers.

[​IMG]

Mimicking: Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki impersonates Serena Williams by carrying towels under her clothes simulating bigger breasts and bottom, during an exhibition match against Maria Sharapova

[​IMG]

Prank: Wozniacki mentioned during a press conference after the game that she was performing an impression of her friend and fellow tennis player Serena Williams

On Tumblr, one blogger wrote: 'This isn’t “harmless fun” as one article described it. its racist. out and outright racism. mocking and making fun of the bodies of black women for a laugh? real funny, stupid white girl. real real funny.'

On Tumblr, one blogger wrote: 'This isn’t “harmless fun” as one article described it. its racist. out and outright racism. mocking and making fun of the bodies of black women for a laugh? real funny, stupid white girl. real real funny.'

Another blogger pointed out: 'It may have been done in “jest,” but I love how people can can turn a black woman’s body and sexuality into a caricature. However, we should not have the autonomy to celebrate any successes of our own.
    While on feministing.com, an article read: 'Given the history and current-day context of racialized standards of beauty, and the hypersexualization of people of color, when a white woman makes fun of a black women’s body, especially in a way that hypersexualizes her and draws on the stereotype of black women’s big butts, it’s racist.'

[​IMG]

Humour: The joke was not lost on her friend Williams, also in Brazil to promote the 2016 Games, who tweeted: 'Do they make Brazilian bikinis for, um, well, me?'.

[​IMG]

The day before Williams, also in Brazil to promote the 2016 Games, had tweeted: 'Do they make Brazilian bikinis for, um, well, me?'.

Williams is well known for referring to her curvaceous figure - the day before the tennis star, also in Brazil to promote the 2016 Games, had tweeted: 'Do they make Brazilian bikinis for, um, well, me?'.
    In July she tweeted a photo of her bottom, with the accompanying words: 'Hummm I think this onzie makes me butt look TOO big. Ugh. #BigButtproblems.'

Wozniacki mentioned during a press conference after the game that she was performing an impression of her friend and fellow tennis player Serena Williams.
    She said: 'I really love the crowd here, they're open and they have a lot of fun.'
    This was not the first time Wozniacki imitated the American icon - she also copied her last year as well.
    Tennis impersonations are usually the hallmark of Novak Djokovic - the Serb has imitated off rivals Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer, as well as women's stars Williams and Sharapova.

2. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    fuck whitey?

3. Mcfly

Mcfly New Member

Reputations:
    Ahahahaha! Awesome!

4. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
  5. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Outfit should have included a needle and syringe left sticking in her ass, just for accuracy.

6. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
  7. slats7

slats7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fat black people can't be impersonated? God how I loathe racial double standards.

8. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    How is this racist? She looks like Coco, IceT's wife. She didn't have black face, did she? :facepalm:
    [​IMG]

9. Caster Fly

Caster Fly New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Meh, I could see if she went out there swinging a banana and wearing a chimp costume, but how is stuffing towels in your bra and ass "racist"? :scratch:

10. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
  11. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    i like how the racists look at it as black womens bodies in general instead of tennis player making fun of her friend who happens to be black..

"On Tumblr, one blogger wrote: 'This isn’t “harmless fun” as one article described it. its racist. out and outright racism. mocking and making fun of the bodies of black women for a laugh? real funny, stupid white girl. real real funny.' " nice.......stupid white girl thrown in from the holier than thou nonracist judgemental bigot.....

12. cah155

cah155 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ugh people take everything out of context these days

13. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    People are looking to make anything into a racial issue these days - it's not like she came out in black face (like a certain radio host, back in the day).

14. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

15. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I like Serena's body!!

16. slats7

slats7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

raaaaaaacist!

17. DaBUU

DaBUU Active Member

Reputations:
    So having a giant ass and tits is exclusive to blacks? Good call with the coco pick. not everything is fuckin racist, goes both ways.

18. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    How is this racist? Is RM also racist because of her boobs? these bloggers are embarrassing; are they americans? i would be ashamed, of the bloggers.

Edit: I see; this is in the Daily Mail. One of the "tabloids" unfit to line my birds cages for them to poop on!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  19. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

20. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    That really made me laugh. I'm going to hell......

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012