News Tentative nuclear deal reached with Iran

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by yahoo, Apr 2, 2015.

1. yahoo

yahoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think it's good news... not much of an alternative.... For those against it, be prepared to spend massive amounts of money and spill much blood, as noted in the passage below...

At the end of the day, if the goal is total elimination of the threat that Tehran could ever build nuclear weapons, Obama's foes should say so. And they should be honest with the American people about what that will mean. A massive build-up of American forces. An invasion and occupation of Iran lasting years, costing trillions of dollars and likely tens of thousands of American lives. Nation building in the wake of toppling the leadership of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Tax increases to pay for it all.
    -From Perspective.com

The Jetty and Droog like this.
  2. Skipnoid

Skipnoid Lick Me!

Reputations:
    I'm so sick of hearing the word DEAL all the time on this ... Is it just me? :dontknow:

3. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    Thanks Obama

alittlebitcunty likes this.
  4. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  5. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    The Left:

Then: No Nukes.

Now: Iran needs nukes.

John Sterling, reno, PI Nate and 3 others like this.
  6. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP

Reputations:
    I think we should just nuke Iran.

7. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I don't pay close attention to these things, because

a) nobody sticks to these "deals"
    b) they end as soon as the administration/congress on our side and dictatorship ends on the other side
    c) they rarely happen the way they claim they will. We had all sorts of agreements with Saddam that were not abided by.
    d) Read history. These "deals" are usually done simplyfor them to get ready to make an attack. Czechoslavakia lasted what, a year after "peace in our time" from Neville Chamberlain?
    e) This has been an issue for 15 years or so. Why the need for a "deal" now? My guess is they feel they're close enough to a weapon and just need to buy time to finish up.

It wouldn't take years to defeat Iran and eliminate their ability or desire to develop nuclear weapons. Iraq's warmaking ability and economy were ruined in a couple of months. It's the asinine "nation building" that caused the massive money, casualties, and commitment. Iran was teetering on the edge of revolution a few years back w/o any war. Imagine if the Revolutionary guard were unpaid, had no heavy weapons, there was no air force, and the power had been out everywhere there for 6 months. Some secular general would simply take over, cut a deal, and we'd be selling them software and hamburgers within a year.

8. yahoo

yahoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Iran is like Iraq, huh?

Iran, after all, is far larger than Iraq. With about 80 million people, the country has triple the population of its Shiite majority neighbor. According to the Global Firepower Index, the conventional Iranian military counts some 545,000 frontline personnel and 1.8 million reservists, along with about 2,000 tanks and self-propelled guns. (Those numbers exclude the Basij volunteer paramilitaries, who died by the tens of thousands during the Iraq-Iran war and who cracked down on pro-democracy demonstrators in 2009.) Its surface fleet and aging 470 aircraft don't pose a serious challenge to U.S air and naval forces in the Persian Gulf and throughout the reason. But it is Tehran's asymmetric warfare capabilities that pose the real problem for American forces. Hundreds of small attack boats and mines, along with more modern anti-ship missiles could inflict casualties among U.S. ships in the tight quarters of the Straits of Hormuz. Tehran's Quds Forces and Revolutionary Guards, which have helped train and lead Shiite militia in Iraq, Hezbollah fighters in Lebanon and Syria, and carry out terror operations as far afield as Saudi Arabia and Argentina. Whether attacked by Israel, the United States or both, Iran would almost surely strike back with what long-range missiles it possesses as well with its proxy forces in Gaza and Lebanon.

FishySausage and Captain like this.
  9. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    Dance puppets

[​IMG]

10. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Anthony bourdain did an interesting show on iran a couple months back

I know this has nothing to do with this
    but I gotta say he really does a good job on that show
    i'm not some food weirdo or mr. travel to the worlds most terrible places but he makes it look interesting

11. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:

When you get right down to it...people are mostly just people. No matter where you go

it's the gubmints who fuck everything up

12. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    1. You don't do it on the ground, you do it with air power. Other than perhaps special forces for targeting purposes and to work with rebel forces, I wouldn't put any troops there .

2. Iraq had the 4th largest "army" in the world at the time. Armies are about quality, not quantity, in the 21st century. The rest are simply cannon fodder. It collapsed in days. The psychology of why people fight and the level of training is far more important than numbers in modern warfare.

3. How many of those guys do you think want to die for the religious freaks running things there? They basically have one army just to keep the other army in line. And this is when things are "good". Not when they're seeing their comrades blasted from unseen enemies in the sky.

4. Check the Iraqi/US kill ratio of M1 tanks to Soviet supplied T72/62/55's in the Iraq wars. Hint: The latter number is "0" So other than guerilla warfare, they have little true combat power against front line western forces.

5. Their current armor inventory is mostly tanks manufactured in the 1960's and 70's. M60's, Chieftans, etc, with many dating back to the 1950's (M47, T55) These are two to four generations behind current tank designs, most of which are 100% impervious to frontal fire from these tanks. Their ATGW inventory has some more sophisticated weapons, but I doubt the number is high. And proper combined arms attacks, something we mastered long ago, makes them far less effective, as infantry, artillery, and tanks working together destroy the threats to each other.

6. Amateurs think in terms of attrition of forces, or "occupying" territory. It would more probably go like this. Strikes to eliminate Command/control, air defenses, and air forces to gain air supremacy. Then attacks on infrastrucure such as bridges, electrical power production, oil transport facilities, fuel stocks, etc to paralyze the enemy and ruin their economy. This would take a month or two, depending on the forces allocated.

So, they're left with tanks and APCS and trucks with no fuel, IF they can be hidden from aircraft seeking to destroy them, no cash to pay soldiers who keep the populace and less ideological army units in line, no way to transport food and supplies in the economy, no power to run businesses and the economy, a starving population, and chaos. The rest takes care of itself. A new secular dictator gains power, executes his enemies, and they repeat their historical pattern of killing each other.

Rip mcdivvit likes this.
  13. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    "Peace in our time!"
    [​IMG]

Sickboy, KDK12, reno and 1 other person like this.
  14. Tiggs

Tiggs Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Iran with all its might had a 8 year war with Saddam which ended in Stalemate. We crushed Saddam's army in a week. Once Iran get's nukes, they are our equal militarily like North Korea. All bets are off. Koran says its OK to lie to infidel in service of Islam. This deal is not worth the paper its written on. Fuck obama.

beetlejack, KDK12, reno and 2 others like this.
  15. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So the idea going into these talks was to stop Iran from getting a nuclear bomb. To have them shut down sites and for them to stop research and development of a bomb. NONE of that happened. We got nothing out of this deal. Iran will continue to develop a nuclear bomb. There are no inspections from the UN or any other world body in this deal. We got nothing out of this. A complete waste of time from a desperate president just trying get anything to say he got a deal done.

What a joke.

Craignor and PI Nate like this.
  16. potroast

potroast Well-Known Member

Reputations:

True? Not that I would trust the UN but there must be inspections by someone, no?

17. Just Me

Just Me VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Wouldn't it just be a much better idea to nuke the fuck outta that shit hole rather than go through the expense and American lives? What is the reason that that's not happening?
    Forgive me, I'm retarded with politics.

RONNIE THE CLAW and CrucifiedAGT like this.
  18. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    When you don't have a cock in your ass you do make a lot of sense. This side of you I like. Or you would say, "get behind".

PI Nate likes this.
  19. RONNIE THE CLAW

RONNIE THE CLAW Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This is all very disturbing. Many nations have developed nuclear capabilities and tempered this incredible military might and power with discipline and responsibility and we have not suffered a nuclear war on this earth since the atom bombs were detonated on Japanese soil in 1945. A country like Iran with its history of hatred toward Israel and America and their continued lies and broken contracts can only lead to one conclusion...we are likely heading toward a military clash with Iran. They do not yet have intercontinental ballistic missile capabilities, but when they do, does anyone really doubt that terrorism against America will now be launched by pushing a button, and no longer hijacking airplanes, setting off bombs etc. We must stand with the other nations represented at this table and take a lead against this country who is our sworn enemy and putting an end to any idea of theirs that will result in them having this power.

KDK12 and PI Nate like this.
  20. Just Me

Just Me VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    :dontknow: But I didn't even have a cock in my ass earlier. And thanks. :)

CrucifiedAGT likes this.