News Texts Reveal Teen Allegedly Pressuring Friend to Commit Suicide: 'You've Got to Do It'

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Aug 31, 2015.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    conrad-roy-800.jpg

Text messages released by prosecutors earlier this month allegedly show a Massachusetts teen pressuring her friend to kill himself and saying that his suicide would not cause his parents emotional distress, according to court documents obtained by PEOPLE.

Michelle Carter, now 18, is charged with involuntary manslaughter in last June's suicide of Conrad Roy III, 18. Roy died of carbon monoxide poisoning from a gas-powered water pump that was running inside his vehicle. The text messages were released in a response by the Bristol County District Attorney's office to a motion filed by Carter's lawyer to dismiss the charges.

According to the documents, Carter, who faces 20 years in prison, sent messages to Roy saying, "You just have to do it," "Tonight is the night," and "It's painless and quick."

When Roy expressed hesitancy about killing himself, Carter allegedly texted, "You always say you're gonna do it, but you never do. I just want to make sure tonight is the real thing."

Carter allegedly said his parents would be able to "move on" from Roy's suicide: "I think your parents know you're in a really bad place. I'm not saying they want you to do it but I honestly feel like they can accept it," she allegedly texted.

According to the documents, Carter helped Rod devise a plan to commit suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning. "You lose consciousness with no pain. You just fall asleep and die," she allegedly texted.

In the texts, Carter allegedly calls Roy "the love of my life, my boyfriend. You are my heart. I'd never leave you."

When Roy texts that he's ready to go through with the plan to kill himself, Carter texts, "Good because it's time, babe. You know that. When you get back from the beach you've gotta go do it. You're ready. You're determined. It's the best time to do it."

According to the documents, Carter and Roy were allegedly on the phone for more than an hour while she encouraged him to stay in the vehicle as the carbon monoxide began to run.

Afterward, she allegedly texted another friend, "His death is is my fault . Like, I honestly could have stopped it. I was the one on the phone with him and he got out of the car because [the carbon monoxide] was working and I [expletive] told him to get back in."

Lawyer: Carter Was 'Brainwashed'

Last Monday, Carter's lawyer told reporters that prosecutors should dismiss the charges on the grounds that Carter was "brainwashed" into her actions, according to a report by the Standard-Times.

The lawyer, Joseph P. Cataldo, said that Carter had initially tried to help Roy, but that Roy "ultimately persuaded a young, impressionable girl" into what Cataldo termed a "Romeo-and-Juliet-style death pact."

"Eventually he gets her to endorse his plan," Cataldo said.

Cataldo said that Carter had initially tried to persuade Roy to join her in a mental health facility where she herself was undergoing treatment, according to Fox 6.

"The government is harping, if you will, on her saying, 'When are you going to do it? When are you going to do it?' " Cataldo said. "What they are not harping on are all the times she said, 'Don't do it, don't do it.' "

Prosecutor Katie Rayburn said Carter knew what she was doing was wrong and that she allegedly asked Roy to delete her texts.

Cataldo also said that the text messages are protected as free speech, saying, "Michelle Carter's only role in this is words."

Judge Bettina Borders took the motion under advisement and scheduled the case for Oct. 2 in New Bedford Juvenile Court.

http://www.people.com/article/conrad-roy-michelle-carter-suicide-texts

remdeprived likes this.
  2. NiggalissCage

NiggalissCage Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was at the pharmacy earlier - a hot slut in front of me was buying that plan B pill.

I cant stop thinking about her now.

wigtropolis likes this.
  3. usedtampon

usedtampon Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Usually when your female friend says "tonight is the night", there's a happy ending, not a permanent one.

4. Boomer

Boomer Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Reputations:
    Why didn't you talk to her about the joys of anal

5. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    What the fuck does she have to gain besides sadistic pleasure?

6. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    have you ever done lines of plan b? It makes dudes do massive shits the size of a baby.

7. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    Sweet girl.

8. dawg

Reputations:
    I guess 20 years.

MilkyDischarge likes this.
  9. Napoleon V

Napoleon V Swagggggg. ! !!!!!!!! !!!!! Banned User

Reputations:
    Need more photos of said goader

10. NiggalissCage

NiggalissCage Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Fuck - I should have posted while I was on line, it didn't occur to me.

11. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Seems cunty.

Trainwreckjm and SouthernListen like this.
  12. dawg

Reputations:
    Court appearance

imrs.php.jpeg

13. remdeprived

remdeprived Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Text messages recovered by police, however, suggest that by 2014, Carter had gotten tired of Roy’s idle talk of suicide and she wanted him to go through with it — now.

“You always say you’re gonna do it, but you never do,” Carter complained. “I just want to make sure tonight is the real thing.”

Another time, she texted: “You can’t keep pushing it off, though. That’s all you keep doing.”

Carter was insistent, even when Roy steered the topic to other things:

ROY: How was your day?

CARTER: When are you doing it?

Roy said he was having a good day, but Carter wasn’t satisfied.

CARTER: Really?

ROY: Yes.

CARTER: That’s great. What did you do?

ROY: Ended up going to work for a little bit and then just looked stuff up.

CARTER: When are you gonna do it? Stop ignoring the question???

Roy had doubts, and he was scared, according to his texts. What if it didn’t work and he ended up injured for the rest of his life? How would his family cope with the loss?

Carter had answers.

He would be her guardian angel in heaven.

She would comfort his family and they would move on.

If he followed the directions he had found online for killing himself with carbon monoxide, it would “100 percent work,” she said.

“There isn’t anything anyone can do to save you, not even yourself,” she told him.​

After his death, Carter became a self-proclaimed advocate for mental health.

She organized a fundraising tournament in Roy’s memory and posted on Facebook and Twitter about her attempts to save her boyfriend’s life.

“Even though I could not save my boyfriend’s life, I want to put myself out here to try to save as many other lives as possible,” she wrote on Facebook.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...iend-into-suicide/?postshare=5821441065240512

14. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Shit or get off the pot :ucoffee:

Calloused Shins likes this.
  15. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    :secret: Someone made a thread about this last week....

Shortwave98 likes this.
  16. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This won't look good on her resume for applying to the suicide hotline

17. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If the texts weren't revealed, she would have garnered the sympathy of all her friends and family. People love that attention! It is similar to the Beefus seeking out and even making up sad stories about her kitty cats like Yoda's heart condition and the blind cats.