Thank God For NYC Strict Gun Laws

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by booybob, Jun 29, 2014.

1. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – It was a violent night in New York City after at least 13 people were shot in incidents spanning each of the five boroughs.

As CBS 2′s Janelle Burrell reported, one of the shootings happened on Staten Island, where a man is fighting for his life after being shot in the face.

The incident happened at around 3:30 a.m. on Amboy Road in the New Dorp section of Staten Island.

Police were still on the scene Sunday morning collecting and processing evidence, including a backpack that belonged to the 42-year-old victim.

[​IMG]
    Scene of shooting in New Dorp section of Staten Island on June 29, 2014 (Credit: CBS 2)

Investigators told Burrell the shooting was not random.

The victim had apparently gotten into an argument with another man. Police said a gun was fired and the victim was hit in the face with a bullet just outside of his home.

The shooting suspect was caught on surveillance video running from the scene of the crime, police said. He got away in a dark-colored pick up truck, WCBS 880′s Monica Miller reported.

The victim was rushed to Staten Island University Hospital.

Violent Night Leaves At Least 13 Shot In All Five Boroughs
    [​IMG]
    REPORTER NAME reports
    play
    Neighbors were shaken up over the news. They said it’s rare for the community to see this kind of violence.

“This is a busy street, Amboy Road is busy, but it’s not an area where you would have a shooting of any kind. I mean, we’re here five years and this has never happened before,” said one neighbor.

“We have a baby. You know, we have a 5-year-old. It’s very scary. This is unusual, very unusual for this area,” said another neighbor.

Dawn said she got an early wake up call from police who rang her door bell after the victim was shot just steps from her door.

“We just saw them yesterday. You know I’m like this is very very strange and very scary, especially when you tell us a gun was shot. I said what!!” Dawn said.

Neighbors also said the victim only moved to the area a few months ago with his wife and son.

“It’s a man and his wife and their son. They’re very quiet people. They just moved in not long ago. They’re very nice people,” neighbor Mike told WCBS 880′s Miller.

Mike was just returning home from the night shift, only to find his house was on the part of the street that was sectioned off by police.

The shooting incident is just one of 13 that happened across the city in the last 24 hours, WCBS 880 reported.

In Cambria Heights, Queens, 33-year-old Bronx resident Jason Bragg was found shot to death around 10 p.m. Saturday.

A 10-year-old boy and a male adult were shot in Coney Island at around 7 p.m. Saturday. The boy suffered minor injuries with a gunshot wound to his knee. The man was last listed in serious condition with a gunshot wound to his stomach. Police released a photo of the suspect.

[​IMG]
    Suspect wanted in connection with a Coney Island shooting that injured 10-year-old boy (Credit: CBS 2)

One person was killed and two others were injured in a shooting at 92 Tapscott St. in Brooklyn.

Also in Brooklyn, a female was shot in the leg at 1780 Bergen St. She was taken to Kings County Hospital.

Four people were shot at Fifth Avenue and West 139th street. CBS 2 reported the victims were teenagers. All of the victims were listed in stable condition at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center, WCBS 880 reported.

In the Bronx, a male suffered a gunshot wound to his torso at University Avenue & West 195th Street. A suspect was arrested in the case, WCBS 880 reported.

Earlier this week NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton addressed the spike in gun violence, saying more than 1,000 academy graduates will hit the streets this coming week. They are expected to be sent to areas where the most shootings have happened.

Investigations into the violent night continue.

Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:

1Vegasgirl and GIRLY like this.
  2. Birddog

Birddog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Isn't gun control great.

Gunslinger and MFnAntiChrist like this.
  3. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    Don't worry. They'll catch him. And then they'll let him plea to assault with a deadly weapon and, in five years, he'll be out of jail and completely rehabilitated.

4. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Guilty

Mantis and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  5. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    I want to start this post with a full disclosure statement that i am completely dunk, and a bit stoned here at 2:14 pm local time.

NOW..... Havent we all evolved as a society? Arent we all a bit more understanding and smart than we were say 40 or 50 years ago? So in this same state of reference, if you use a gun in a violetnt crime of any kind your ass should be fucked up somehow, whether it is the removal of some fingers, some (long time) time spent in jail, or even death. I am pro gun all the way. You want to own em good, i support that, but if you fuck up with one you should be fucked! you commit a crime with a gun fuck you! JAil forever! or no fingers! Or something!

Seriously, if we are all growing older and getting smarter why the fck we seem so god damned dumb!?!!?

Thank god for full disclosure clauses! :dance:

TeeDonkey and Ta Ta Toothy like this.
  6. GIRLY

GIRLY OV

Reputations:
  7. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    While in prison Leftie cuomo will ensure he gets better medical care than vets get at the VA...

8. Chibbs

Chibbs Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was going to suggest "Guess the Race" then I realized it happened in NY so the point was moot.:D

Mantis and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  9. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Chicago.

10. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Chibbs likes this.
  11. PI Nate

Reputations:
  12. Chibbs

Chibbs Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  13. PI Nate

Reputations:
    Thin blue line...:coffee:

14. Birddog

Birddog Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Good thing I live 2 hours south of Chicago in hickville

PI Nate likes this.
  15. gd9tsd9tas9sa9

gd9tsd9tas9sa9 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    How dunk are you ?

16. MFnAntiChrist

MFnAntiChrist Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Stop and frisk is unconstitutional. END OF FUCKING STORY.

Wanna curb gun violence? Find another way.

Chimney Portions and Effigy like this.
  17. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    I hate to agree with you, but I can't. I'm sure it works. I'm sure it gets guns off the streets and prevents crime, but we can't have people being routinely frisked when they haven't even been suspected of a crime.

As a gun owner and a 2nd Amendment advocate, I can't bitch about gun control proponents trying to strip our 2nd Amendment rights and then agree with police searching people because they fit a certain profile. I know some people claim that it was only done if there was probable cause, but that's just not true.

18. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    EXACTLY! people are fucking idiots. taking away an amazing tool like that. the fuck did they think would happen?? fine. now all the blacks and spanish aren't being frisked when they clearly look dangerous and gangy and hangin around in places that could only cause no good and the fucking shooting rate is so high you would think it's the early 80's again. fucking democrats!!!!!!!

PI Nate likes this.
  19. Anfkid

Reputations:
    When Giuliani had the homeless killed sure it was unconstitutional but it solved the problem! no more enwurds coming up to my winda with a bottle of piss and some newspaper they wiped their ass with to clean it off.

1Vegasgirl, PI Nate and Mantis like this.
  20. Anfkid

Reputations:
    this city is sliding back and i dont know how they can allow it. it's very sad. people are so fucking stupid. with numbers like that mayor frankenstein should be impeached.

1Vegasgirl likes this.