Thank you caller......Howard fucked his fans?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by koabz, Mar 7, 2012.

1. koabz

koabz New Member

Reputations:
    The caller that was talking about transfer fees is right. Howard preached and pushed for the merger. He did his best to convince us it was in our best interest for the merger to go through. Since the merger, subscription fees have raised, the once free to subscribers stream now requires an extra fee. Howard said it wasn't a monopoly, because if he could add xm users to sirius users he would receive a bonus. So he had ulterior motives for the merger. He wanted to merger just to get a bonus. You be the judge, since the merger Sirius has made changes that aren't in favor of the customer....he duped us and we're the assholes?

2. Guts83

Guts83 Active Member

Reputations:
    King of all marbles

King of all spin doctors

3. koabz

koabz New Member

Reputations:
    I don't know about directv, but dish has sirius radio minus Howard.....so how is sirius having a hard time turning a profit..........

4. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    i don't blame howard for wanting the merger, because it was to gain more marbles.
    i blame over 90% of the fans for wanting the merger, because they gained nothing. (actually they lost something, as you pointed out)

5. slacker

slacker New Member

Reputations:
    I lost my 3 favorite music channels when those fuckers mergered.... So not only did howies programming get progressively worse, so did the selection of music... Hence the reason they no longer get my marbles...

6. Lola

Lola little-known member

Reputations:
    Um, well...yes. :nocheer:

7. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:
    You have to realize before the merger, both Sirius and XM were on the verge of bankruptcy...I'm sure in addition to the bonus, Howie held a lot of of stock and options/warrants on Sirius..if the merger came to pass, he believed the company would be successful financially which would result in the stock and the options would go thru the roof..It didn't happen... the options are worthless and the stock hover around $2 (probably below or near where Howie bought it at) ...

...then he reads how John Malone made close to $6 billion on Sirius stock by loaning the company $500 million when they needed it...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204571404577255622523311162.html

and Howie's got nothing....This is what really set him off.... his $25 million merger bonus and his 80-100 million annual salary is not good enough.....the castrated one is so deluded that he believes he deserves the 5 billion..

This is what makes Howie such a douchebag..he could have lent Sirius money and made the same deal..but he did not..No risk no reward...dumb shit...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  8. Mike in Houston

Mike in Houston I got more balls than the daily lottery. VIP

Reputations:
    He deserves :shit:

"I piss on my fans!"

9. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks to Howard,, Sirius is 2 companies for the fans.

10. Francis Begbie

Francis Begbie New Member

Reputations:
    This. Completely.

11. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Jackie thought he was a partner too.

12. Booey Logic

Booey Logic Member

Reputations:

Being duped by someone doesn't make you an asshole, but bitching and moaning about it anonymously on the internet kinda does...

13. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've been kind of clueless about this since I received SIRIUS as an on-going yearly b-day gift. I'm not even sure what package I have (my ignorance), but I went to check out O and A because I enjoyed the posts somebody put up of their Howard ball busting and realized I don't get their channel. I like some of the music channels and some of the sports channels and I still listen to Howard off and on for an hour or two a day, but it's starting to feel like a waste of money even if it's a gift. The NFL games don't mean shit because it's not like I'm driving around on a Sunday, my ass is on the couch watching the games. I may need to cut the cord here soon.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  14. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:

That's just Booey logic.

15. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What's the point of the internet if you can't "bitch and moan" anonymously?

16. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Ask Zuckerberg. I don't get it either.

17. Horff

Horff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't know about you but I gained many lovers but I lost a best friend, and Sirius lost a best friend and a lover.

18. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I also have the "Sirius only" package and an old radio that isn't capable of getting XM stations. When it dies, I'll definitely get "XM only" for my new radio because it has Jay Thomas and MLB Baseball and I'd like to try O&A or some other show that might actually be funny. By the way, if they try to hit you with the "transfer fee" just say you want to cancel and they'll waive it every time.

19. MarvelComics85

MarvelComics85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You can get Sirius Pakckage for the Virus if you want. They got some nice shows next to Opie & Anthony. Ron & Fez sounds like an easygoing show in the afternoon. And The Joe Rogan Experience sounds like fun too.

20. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My radio only goes up to channel 160 and last time I checked The Virus was in the 200's. Did that change?