thanks Howard for weaning me off your show

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Preston Folded, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Preston Folded

Preston Folded Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've been a listener since 1988. Loved the Jackie years. Loved the Artie years. Hard core fan thru the 90s and 2000s. So now that he is older and winding down the show, I want to thank him for slowly making the show worse and worse so its now easy for me to quit. I quit a few months ago. Never even went thru withdrawls. Now should I cancel Sirius?

2. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Welcome to the club. Grandma Stern is frail now and too thin skinned to be able to deal with any criticism, and so the old self-deprecating shtick that used to be mildly amusing in concert with the (actual) funny people he used to surround himself with.. Is gone now. He's a deeply mentally ill man.

Yes, goodbyes are definitely easier when you're completely sick of the person. I'd cancel Sirius, yes, and be sure to tell them you're cancelling because Howard is never on anymore, and is terrible when he is.

3. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Now you can listen to a channel with some Conway Twitty on it.:thumbup2:

PI Nate, kingship, teehee and 3 others like this.
  4. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Have you even heard of the Jay Thomas show.
    He is better than the 90's Howard
    And hes on 5 days a week.

5. Skipnoid

Skipnoid Lick Me!

Reputations:
    I have XM now. I quit Howie a couple-three years ago after 20-some years of listening. It's worth it to me. I live in a rural area so the radio stations suck. I listen to music and news stations on the satellite. There's always something on.

Buffalo Balls, teehee, reno and 2 others like this.
  6. Preston Folded

Reputations:

unless its on at 6am, I probably won't listen to him

7. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Afternoons. Guess youre outta luck.

Shortwave98 likes this.
  8. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    Try the o&j show ch103 it's topical fast moving funny and not p.c. at all. They still have no problem saying faggot retarded and midget.
    They actual have opinions on current events too. Great comics sit in all the time. (Remember when pluggy used to do that.....)

9. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Two things......
    You should be thanking the Whorse for completely emasculating him....Hence, The "Weaning".......
    Quit Sirius a year ago.....And between podcasts and Pandora, Don't miss it bit.....
    And I had a "Lifetime"..........

PelicanWig and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  10. wigtropolis

wigtropolis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    wtf took you so long

smichal likes this.
  11. GLguygardner

GLguygardner WE DA BEST!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Fuck that old faggit. I quit the show 4 months ago cuz I couldn't take it anymore. I now listen to Sid Rosenberg's show on the intranets. Hilarious.

babybear likes this.
  12. Sharrack

Sharrack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Me too..... Howards few days a month in studio have slowly sent me to other shows like Bubba, joe rogan, joey diaz and other podcasts.
    I'll have to check out sid rosenberg.

13. HigherPrimate

HigherPrimate Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can't believe some of you hung in there that long. I was out not long after he resigned with Sirius. He was talking Iphones and photography every day for hours, ending the show promptly at 10am, down to 3 days a week, and it became clear he was just showing up for one last payday. Artie was gone over a year and he made it clear he didn't plan on replacing him. It seemed Richard and Sal were no longer allowed in the studio and were barely a part of the show anymore. Fred was down to playing like one or two sound effects an hour. I could go on and on, the list is long.

14. EddyG

EddyG MORON Banned User

Reputations:
    Inm the same boat but like other shows on Sirius,so continuing Sirius.

15. dexterdog

dexterdog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I feel exactly the same way. Listened for more years than I care to remember. Even when the show started really going downhill a couple of years ago, I still hung in there, mainly out of habit. I finally cancelled Sirius a couple of weeks ago, although I do miss some of the music channels, but overall, it just wasn't worth it anymore.
    It finally dawned on me that Stern was NEVER funny, it was the voices he surrounded himself with that made the show great. Now that any and all supporting cast are gone, listening to the Wig drone on and on with Robin cackling in the backround has exposed him to be a totally talentless fraud. I just wish I would have seen it sooner.

16. Preston Folded

Reputations:
    yes, I could have stopped listening sooner but it was a habit to get in the car at 545 am and flip on the Howard channel and wait for that stupid rob zombie song to come on, and hear that low voice say " hey now" etc... I finally decided to go cold turkey after years of shitty radio. Him not addressing the robin at home thing, the Artie situation, the mansions, the AGT garbage...

17. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    same exact situation here. i was a loooongtime listener and never thought i could live without my morning fix of howard. there were times i was late to work because i didn't want to leave my car. there were epic shows that ran to 11:30. i must say that the show began to go downhill after jackie left but there were still some compelling in studio personalities to keep me listening.
    i think the artie years were very mixed...and finally became unlistenable in the mid-2000's.
    i haven't listened to howard in months except for an occasional 15 min here and there when i'm in my car. i find his interminable interviews ponderous and there's no one left in-studio to interest me. maybe, if howard really took us into his life or subconscious i'd be interested but he is so guarded about his private life.
    i am completely weaned and have turned to other morning shows (none are as great as early stern). occasionally i mourn the loss of howard but i've adjusted.

18. Preston Folded

Reputations:
    :(I was listening to some files I got off YouTube. Like the Jesus twins and the final studio appearance of elegant Eliot, when he told robin to shut her
    cunt face.

such classic stuff. :(

SalsMasterShake and teehee like this.
  19. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    I see the want to in your eyes...

20. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    The Whorse did not emasculate him.
    She's another paid employee.
    He's using her in his quest for mainstream acceptance.
    Which is a true LOL, cuz his A-list $ couldn't pull an actual hot chick, and he'll never get mainstream acceptance, no matter what he does.
    We are watching a man in complete "Quest Fail" mode, in motion.