Entertainment The Adam & Dr. Drew show

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by RenchFries, Aug 7, 2016.

1. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    Highly entertaining. They're a good team and the show is fun and easy to listen to. Adam says it like it is and doesn't shy away from making controversial, non pc statements. Kinda like how Howard used to be. I recommend you guys give it a listen if you haven't yet. It's my daily driver podcast at the moment.

crazycreep, Batwings, Ingens and 6 others like this.
  2. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    I have it on my podcast list. Adam's voice and tendency to babble hurts my ears sometimes, but they're a good team.

3. RenchFries

Reputations:
    Yeah, I get that. I'm having a hard time putting a name on his affect. Is it typical from some part of California or something, or is it just his own?

4. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    I think the latter.

5. Cheryl Marie

Cheryl Marie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I listen. Sometimes when Adam uses too many construction metaphors my mind wanders, and when he's mean to Dr. drew I cringe, but all & all, a good listen.

6. RenchFries

Reputations:
    I listen to his main show, too, but that's kinda hit and miss and depends on the guest how good it is. The show he does with Dr Drew is consistently solid and funny.

Getoninja likes this.
  7. EOMS

EOMS Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Agreed. I friggin' LOVED it though when Dr. Bruce is subbing for Drew. You talk about a team...Bruce consistently falls into traps. He's a good solid guy at heart but his radio chemistry is terrible and Adam just eats him up in a good way. I laughed my ass off last week when Bruce did 2 or 3 of Drew's spots. Holy cow that was funny.

8. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Never listened to Adam & Drew so much. I really liked "Ace on the Roof" though. That's the one satellite show of his I listened to regularly and enjoyed.

I used to be a massive Carollatard. Listened to ACS daily for years. I bailed about 2 years ago.

I'll still occasionally listen to a random episode and get mad that I ever listened. He's so narcissistic and narrow-minded. I have to believe he's become that way; I know he was more jovial when the podcast first started. Now that it's become a business, so has he. And it sucks.

9. RenchFries

Reputations:
    I agree that Dr Bruce was great, but that sports guy just made it boring. Adam can be really funny and he can do a good show, but he needs a good sidekick that clicks well with him.
    I agree he's less likable on ACS for the reasons you describe there. Maybe it's because of the audience and the bigger team around him or something. When he's just with Dr. Drew, the show is great. It has that cool flow to it. Sometimes I think he's downright awkward on ACS.

Big_J likes this.
  10. convincer

convincer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    its back?

Gomez and jeff1234 like this.
  11. Bubbleguts420

Bubbleguts420 2 word review, shit sandwich

Reputations:
    I listen to ACS, Ace on the House and some of Adam & Drew. What can I say? I dig the Ace man.

Getoninja, Ganggreen87 and RenchFries like this.
  12. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I used to listen to a lot of Adam for years. His bitching wore on me. Never stops repeating the same stories and complaints. Haven't listened to him for a year and a half now. Life is better.

13. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That makes sense. I just listened to a new Ace on the House and he sounded happier than I can remember him ever sounding.

A while ago he ranked all his podcasts most enjoyable to least enjoyable for him personally and put ACS near the bottom and CarCast at number one.

RenchFries and Big_J like this.
  14. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Wiring
    Stamps.com baby
    Phil E. Cheesesteak
    Family & Education
    Gary Half-tard
    Chris Maxipada
    :eek:

Batwings likes this.
  15. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Adam's Reasonable Doubt podcast with lawyer Mark Geragos is usually pretty good. I often don't agree with Geragos's political opinions, but he knows a hell of a lot about the law and can quickly boil it down into layman's terms.

16. Big_J

Big_J Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm glad they do this show but it pales in comparison to classic loveline. Does anyone know the full story as to why it vanished? Something about different entities owning it and not being able to agree on how to release it (aka who makes money from it) was all I could find out.

Sometimes it seems like Dr. Drew is just adam's punching bag. I wish Drew got to speak more during the show. Adam's rants are good but only in small amounts.... he can really go overboard sometimes.

In the end I can't knock Adam too much, he puts out more content in the podcast world than anyone else. Bound to get a bit repetitive.

YouveSaidItAll, Fatass and RenchFries like this.
  17. Big_J

Big_J Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Reasonable doubt is the best thing he has done in a while. He seems to respect Mark enough to let him talk instead of trying to dominate the conversation. On the most recent one I Geragos said he's suing the city of LA over the sales tax? pretty wild

18. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Geragos is not a BLM adherent, but he usually makes a pretty compelling case that the cops have become too militarized and we've vested a little too much power into prosecutors -- to include near total immunity for gross wrong doing.

Butters Stoch and Big_J like this.
  19. Big_J

Big_J Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I read this recently about the evolution of police and their use of military tactics and hardware. Really interesting book, if you've not read it, I'd recommend it. https://www.amazon.com/Rise-Warrior-Cop-Militarization-Americas/dp/1610394577

Butters Stoch likes this.
  20. Getoninja

Getoninja Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm catching up to the show since Stern is off for vacation
    and I'm actually listening to it right now with Dr Drew being back from Asia and Australia and its some good episodes.

And been a fan of Adam and Drew since Loveline. I discovered them maybe 1997 when on MTV and I think Stern in 1995. In the morning it was Stern and at night it was Loveline. The late 90s were great

regult and Big_J like this.