WTF The American Dream: Create A one of a kind App for Google Store get Sued By Patent Trolls

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Jul 4, 2016.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    We worry about the wrong things in this country.

2. vaporizer

vaporizer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fuck...this shit ruins my day every time I hear about it. But it's all par for the course with the inside money grubbing that goes on in DC. Sucks.

3. Hank Douglas

Hank Douglas Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The scumbaggery is unreal. We are doomed.

vaporizer and dawg like this.
  4. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    There is no room for the little guy, we get fucked raked over the coals and raped at every turn. then people wonder why there is no hope.

vaporizer and Stew Nod like this.
  5. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This subject is, unfortunately, all too familiar to me.

There are many legal firms, good, well known legal firms, that are very willing to assist, even on a contingency basis, to defeat the patent trolls, by several different means, including an interference, or causing the USPTO to reexamine, and possibly disallow the troll's issued patent. I'd be happy to provide the contact information for one of the firms that may be able to help. In the past, the USPTO has allowed many patents they shouldn't have, and they clearly know this. As a result, it is now much more difficult to get a patent issued.

On the other hand, i have an issued US patent from 2013, that car companies from Ford to Ferrari, have and continue to clearly be infringing on - those are our legal council's words, not mine. However, even though many car companies are infringing on my patent, and have spent millions of dollars copying and validating my technology, the law now says that even though these companies are infringing, since no one is buying those cars solely for technology included in my patent, the potential recovery available to me is now significantly reduced. The technolgy is currently on cars priced from $40k to $2.0 MM+, and the performace of these cars is significantly enhanced by using my patented technology. The independant claims issued with the patent are very nice and broad. I'm still out $50k+ for the filing and prosecution of the case - it is now very unlikely that i will ever recover those expenses related to securing this patent.

I'd be very willing, and happy to send a copy of my issued patent to Dawg, to confirm my name, the subject and claims -

Btw, Arkansas is worse than Texas for incredibly ridiculous outcomes of patent infringement suits - the juries seem to be completely unable to grasp even the basics of patent law...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    SalsMasterShake likes this.
  6. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Loser pays will solve a lot of problems.

XXXXX likes this.