Politics The Clinton foundation is being torpedoed by partisan political hacks...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Mama looka, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Mama looka

Mama looka Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...who have no idea how not-for-profits are run.

I am a CPA and I have been a not-for-profit accountant for over 20 years. The nonsense spread around about the Clinton foundation is unconscionable.

The audited financial statements and tax returns (form 990) for all charitable organizations (with a 501-c-3 tax designation) are open for public inspection. Anyone can look at them, because all charitable organizations are a public trust.

Attached are the 2014 Financial Statements and tax form 990 for the Clinton Foundation (you'll have to scroll past the financial statements to gt to the 990);

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/sites/default/files/clinton_foundation_report_public_2014.pdf

If you look at page 10 of the tax return, you'll see what all the fuss is about.

It says "Grants give to domestic organizations 4,175,833
    Grants given to foreign organizations 984,552
    Total Expenses 91,281,245 "

So the percentage of total grants given out is about 5.7% of the total expenses.

This is horribly misleading. The Clinton foundation is not in the business of giving out grants (giving money to other charitable organizations so they can do the work). The Clinton Foundation does the work themselves.

They don't give money to another charity to have them work with African farmers and villagers about clean water and preventing aids and malaria, they do it themselves.
    They don't give money to other organizations to prevent world-wide deforestation and ease global warming, they do it themselves.
    They don't give money to other organizations to fight for equal treatment for women world wide, and giving our kids in the US more nutritious and less fattening school lunches to prevent obesity, they do it themselves.

All these things cost money, like salaries, travel, training, insurance, legal fees, office fees. So, where in this 990 are the expenses associated with the costs of these programs? Why, right on the same page, page 10. The total for column B, The Program Service Expenses column, is how much the organization spent on all its charitable endeavors. It is uniform throughout the industry. It's how everyone does it. It's how you all came up with that lousy percentage on Charity Navigator for the North Shore Animal League.

So if you want the real percentage of how much the Clinton foundation spent on charitable endeavors, you take the total Program Service Expenses and you divide it by the total expenses for the organization. So that would be 72,552,187 divided by 91,285,245. Or 79.5%. So 79.5% of the total money spent by the Clinton Foundation is spent on Charitable purposes. That's an astonishingly good percentage.

But how much do the Clinton's get paid? Take a look at page 7. By law, not for profits have to list the salaries of all officers, directors, trustees and key employees. Look at page 7, and you see Bill and Hillary listed as Directors, and Chelsea listed as VP of the Board. All three of them received no remuneration for their work. No salary, no health insurance, no pension contributions, nothing.

Hey, what about Charity Navigator? That site you guys love so much because it rates the North Shore Animal League as a 2 star charity. How dopes it rate The Clinton Foundation?

Well, have a look for yourselves...

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=16680

Not only were they rated four stars in all categories, They got a 94.74 total. That's pretty astounding considering that the American Red Cross got an 85.01.

The thing is, the people who are accusing the Clinton Foundation of impropriety certainly know all this. They know they were dividing by the wrong number. They're not stupid. They just hope you are, and you won't check. Well, I checked for you, and I gave you links to back it up.

Jake Dog, ramble, regult and 11 others like this.
  2. I invented that

I invented that VIP Extreme Gold POTY Politics

Reputations:
  3. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Well that cleared it up, I'm changing my vote to Hillary.

4. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Man I really appreciate your effort.....But can you put this in a context a gear head can understand?

sino8r, TeeDonkey, yaddc and 2 others like this.
  5. potroast

potroast Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Damn. Dude just owned every Trump supporter in the country with one message board post. :eek:

Asshat, ramble, XuXu and 3 others like this.
  6. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Treasonous cunt.

7. Snotty

Reputations:
    Now this will garner respect and strike fear into our enemies....................And yes little libatard, We have enemies...................

RenchFries, TeeDonkey, Wiggy and 4 others like this.
  8. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    Two civil servants live like billionaires because they run a clean charity.

:ufacepalm:

Geez the OP is dumb.

9. Snotty

Reputations:
    Where is Mrs. Slocombe when you need her?
    [​IMG]

10. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Holy tldr batman!

No. 2 Pencil and Dirty South like this.
  11. Mama looka

Reputations:
    I'll try.

Gearhead, huh?

Political opponents of Hillary Clinton claimed that the Clinton Foundation only spent 5.7% of their money on charitable causes and, I dunno, kept the rest, I guess.

But the truth is, to arrive at that 5.7% number, they had to divide by the wrong number, and no one calls them out on it because no one knows how not for profits really work.

Except me.

When you divide by the right number, they really spent about 80% of their money on charitable causes, which is a very impressive percentage.

It's as if you asked some guy what his top end was, and he said 175, but later you found out he meant kilometers per hour..

12. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    They took no salaries.....right because they got speaker fees beyond the normal rate, they were compensated through the foundation thruough expenseing their travel, offsetting actual charitible giving and their compensation by valuing the non monetary donations from big pharma, you wouldnt see that on those financials.
    Its called The Clinton Foundation, how much money do the Clintons actually donate or do they just repurpose other peoples charity as their charity while they get $500,000 speaking fees, their political protectors get salaries from the Clinton Foundation.
    How, as a CPA, do you explain Uma drawing 3 full time salaries, including one from the Clinton Foundation, simontaneously?

And lets not forget the Clintom's consulting firm which employs their surrogates like NYPD Bill Braxton

13. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    How can you tell by looking at those financials that they didnt pad their expenses?

14. Snotty

Reputations:
    Whoa..............But who am I askin'?

Dirty South likes this.
  15. Danas Boyfrien

Danas Boyfrien Trump's African American Gold

Reputations:

:giggle:

16. Mama looka

Reputations:

If they were paid for speaking fees, it would have to be noted on page 7 of the 990. It isn't.

A portion of "Other Income" is for income given to the Foundation for Speeches made by the Clinton Family. The family is not paid, the foundation is.
    Of course the foundation pays for their travel...but only when they are traveling to do work on behalf of the Foundation.

17. Mama looka

Reputations:
    They live as well as they do because Bill made $104 million giving speeches.

...and by the way,I'm brilliant.

Howchilla likes this.
  18. Rocinante

Rocinante Well-Endowed Member Gold

Reputations:
    It's the "total expenses" part that concerns everyone.
    You can dump anything into that account and claim it was for charity work.
    Speaker's fees, travel and lodging, leased cars, fancy offices, etc., along with the charity work.

19. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Fag.

20. I invented that

I invented that VIP Extreme Gold POTY Politics

Reputations:

[​IMG]

EmilysBush, Tyrus, JFK and 6 others like this.