***The Dawg Saloon Dental Thread ©***

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Bye You!, Nov 1, 2011.

1. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just jumping in here - never saw this thread before.

Someone wrote, that no one appreciates good dentists. WRONG! I am so grateful for good dentists, they are worth their weight in gold! (No pun intended) I've met shyster dentists who just want to make money - thank GOD I've had experience with good ones so I know when to walk out! Hail good dentists!!! :yay:

2. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016

Reputations:
    Hey ByeYou! I was watching robin meade and notcied she has some crazy ass white teeth, I know i thought the same thing, "SHE HAS TEETH!?" Well she does and they are white as hell.

Just wonder if you could do some forendentistics on these choppers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    so sorry i never saw this post!

i'm going with bad, too white, too large, and NOT STRAIGHT veneers.

look at how the line between the two front teeth is not parallel with her philtrum (dent in upper lip) and nose. and it is also off-center.

Ryan seacrest has something similar.

I show my assistants pics of celebrities and play "what's wrong with the teeth?"

i may use her. :toptip:

4. Roland Schwinn

Reputations:

Oh shucks.... i was hoping she 100% natural. Never noticed the off centerdness off the Middle teeth's gap/line being right under the philtrum (thanks for learnin me a new word!) I guess most people's line right up?

5. Bye You!

Reputations:

if done properly, yes. :D

i can't look anymore, it's driving me crazy.

6. Bye You!

Reputations:
    PS - another cool word - the space between the eyebrows is called the glabella.

7. Roland Schwinn

Reputations:
    THank you ma'am, Great thread as always! :hat:

8. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    What's the truth behind "oil pulling", does it work??

I hear you can either use sesame or coconut oil. I just heard about this recently and some of the online reviews by people that do it almost makes it sound too good to be true.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  9. Bye You!

Reputations:

I honestly don't know. I familiar with it. Have patients that do it. The thought of keeping that disgusting oil in my mouth that long makes me want to puke. Especially running it through my teeth, where bacteria populate no matter what you do.

There is no hard research in the area, so I just don't know.

i have also heard of using oregano oil.

10. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    It does sound gross swishing it in your mouth. Would you say the patients that you know do it have whiter, healthier teeth, generally speaking?

11. Bye You!

Reputations:
    As far as I know, it's done for overall health, not just dental. I can't say I noticed anything. But bear in mind that someone who does that is also highly likely to brush and floss diligently, so any differences would be purely anecdotal.

Brush 2-3 times a day for two minutes each time, and floss PROPERLY daily. That's huge.

YouTube has videos on how to brush and floss properly.

12. Westerberg

Westerberg Feelin' like a hundred bucks 2010 OG Gold

Reputations:
    k, so I had a root planing on my right side lower teeth. It was on Wednesday so like 3 days ago. It just started hurting late last night right behind my furthest back tooth. But today my ear started hurting, and now I have like shots of electricity going up the back of my head on the right side.

My wife said the same thing happened to her and it'll go away, but it keeps getting worse, and I'm drinking whiskey now.

13. Bye You!

Reputations:

can you describe the pain in the tooth? is it a tooth pain or a gum pain? any swelling or redness of the gums in the area?

could be some food got stuck in the pockets back there. could be the gums receded and more tooth is exposed causing sensitivity.

let me know and i will tell you what i think. also, call your dentist tomorrow if not sooner.

14. Guacamole

Guacamole Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    First of all, I just read through this whole thread and found it very interesting! Thanks for all your responses, Bye You!

As for oil pulling, I am by no means a dental professional, but I started oil pulling with coconut oil for 20 minutes a day, 4-5 times a week, and my teeth have gotten a LOT whiter. I'm super pleased with the results and friends have even asked me what I've done to get them so white. I have no idea if it actually makes my mouth cleaner (my next dental checkup is scheduled for next month), but my mouth FEELS really clean and happy when I'm done. I give it two thumbs up. :)

:grad: If having the oil in your mouth bothers you, you can start doing it for only 5 minutes at a time until you can build yourself up to 20. I never had a problem, though.

15. RenchFries

RenchFries Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    @Bye You!

Okay, I have a question for you.

I brush my teeth religiously. I even got one of those expensive Sonicare brushes. One day, one of my teeth started to hurt like a motherfucker every time I bit down on it when eating. Like a really mean pain that instantly grabs all your attention. I went to my dentist and he was like "oh, you have a crack in your tooth probably because you're biting your teeth while you're sleeping. I'm gonna encapsulate it with a filling". He gave me anesthesia and went to town. Motherfucker worked me over for twenty minutes straight, and basically drilled half the tooth off and filled it up with filler. I was initially happy, because it was an invisible repair, and because I figured it was fixed. That was was around three weeks ago. I still get that same mean sting every now and then when I eat on that side. Is this normal? Or am I looking at a root canal problem? Does my dentist suck?

16. Bye You!

Reputations:
    sounds like a good diagnosis.

fillings can cause sensitivities for weeks after a filling is placed. has it gotten worse or better?

also, it is likely that you need a bite adjustment. if it is only sometimes when you eat, that would be the most likely explanation. call the dentist and tell them you need to come in for a bite adjustment and tell them everything. see what they say.

it's possible the crack propagated though the tooth beyond where the filling is. then the tooth will have to be extracted. :(

RenchFries likes this.
  17. RenchFries

RenchFries Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's gotten better, but when I go over it with my toothbrush (with the super high-frequency vibrations), it gives me that same pain.

It's only when I eat, and it's rarely. It's there when I happen to bite exactly down on it in some kind of way.

What happens if the tooth needs to be extracted? Do I get one of those click-on things? That doesn't sound very appealing to me.

18. Bye You!

Reputations:
    sounds like a bite adjustment to me.

90% of the time, that's the issue. I tell everyone if they feel that when they bite occasionally to let me know and i will adjust it. it's very simple and you'll know in a few days if that was the problem.

if the tooth is cracked then you can get a bridge, an implant or something removable, like Howard used to have.

19. Willy Pfister

Willy Pfister Indivisible Resister

Reputations:
    What's your opinion of smokeless tobacco?

The actual product container says it may cause cancer and is not a safe alternative to cigarettes but I have also read a bunch of stuff indicating that it is infinitely safer than smoking.

You mentioned you worked in the south so I figured you saw a lot of it.

20. Bye You!

Reputations:
    It's disgusting.

It causes mouth cancer. Just ask Jim Kelly.

I see mouth lesions from it all the time.