The difference Between O&A and Stern show.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by DogStar69, Jan 22, 2012.

1. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    O&A and Jimmy - 3 guys talking about current stuff and making it funny.

Stern and Robin - two old ladies, not being funny, nor in touch with reality and agreeing with each other about everything they say.

2. Coconut Sid

Coconut Sid Member

Reputations:
    O&A are boring and unlikable to me. They just do a less original, less entertaining version of the Stern show. The only person I liked from there was Patrice Oneal and he's gone now. There a reason why they were never on Howard's level.

3. DogStar69

Reputations:
    It's your opinion, but Howards show has become unlistenable to most former die hard fans. O&A are funny, that's what I want in a radio show. Howard tries to be funny and supposedly has a comedy writer and I had to stop listening because not only is he not funny, but he is a snob out of touch and very unlikable.

4. STR

STR New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    the o&a show is NOTHING like the stern show...NOTHING....two completely different shows....you obviously have never really listened

5. DogStar69

Reputations:
    Exactly. Some people are loyal to Howard, as he pisses on them, and won't give O&A a chance. They don't interview comedians like Howard does to suck all the funny out of them, they just riff with them and let them be funny, and the moments when their show isn't funny it's interesting and topical, and they take phone calls from real callers. Opie is the least funny of the 3 (o&A and Jimmy) and he is 100 times funnier than Howard.

Or listen to Howard who is not funny, and Robin who not only doesn't add to the show, she makes it worse.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  6. schnauzer

schnauzer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    O&A would be fantastic if it was J&A. Opie is a dick

7. Little Joey

Little Joey Member

Reputations:
    Perfect analysis. O&A allow the comedian to showcase their talents and dictate the show a little, while Howard keeps interrupting and breaking the flow.

Howard became delusional when he started buying into people's praise of his interviewing skills. He doesn't have any skills besides cutting people off and making the guest feel uncomfortable.

8. Yellowfever

Yellowfever New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    O and A is much better than Howchie at this point, but nowhere close to him in his prime.

9. DogStar69

Reputations:
    But Howard now is further away from his own prime than they ever were.

there is no other show that went from 100% great, down to 50% good, down to the 0% on unlistenable drivel that is the current show.

10. STR

STR New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    im one of the few who actually like opie on the show

11. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I like Opie too, though his whining can get grating at times. He's actually the main facilitator of the show and keeps things running.

I also agree that the shows in their current states are completely different. I listen to O&A more these days because they (particularly) Jimmy make me laugh more, and their guests and topics of conversation tend to align more in my tastes.

On the other hand Howard does more indepth long form interviews, and has a better ability to unearth interesting tidbits from guests

I actually only started to listen to them at the end of 2010 trying to find a replacement for the Stern show because I thought Howard would either retire, or drastically cut back his schedule.

12. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    O&a work 5 days a week and take far less than 12 weeks off a year.

Howard could be in peak shape and not pissing on his fans and this fact alone would put o&a on top.

Howard can bitch and moan that he deserves it. And I agree with him. But don't try to pretend that being dark far more than you're live doesn't make you look like a schmuck.

And please don't pretend that we're morons and try to pass off that you're completely open with your schedule because it makes you look like more of an ass and were able to mark up a calendar.

13. Yellowfever

Yellowfever New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Opie is a grating fag quite a bit, but he keeps the show on track for the most part. Jim and Ant shows have no direction and aren't that good.

14. Jack Shit

Jack Shit Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    Recently started listening to O&A and Ron and Fez. I like Ron and Fez better overall, but a couple of times in the last week or two O&A with Norton was so funny I almost drove off the road.

15. Jack Shit

Jack Shit Active Member VIP

Reputations:
  16. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    "How big is your cock?" "Do you do anal?"
    -- Howard Stern (every interview)

People who dismiss O&A outright are idiots. Most of them seem to do it because Stern badmouthed them so much. The fact is their show is nothing like the Stern Show (past or present). That's not to say everyone should/will like it--but to blindly hate them while never listening is retarded.

Comedians love O&A. There's a reason that Ricky Gervais and Louis C.K. appear on O&A constantly--Gervais won't even do the Stern show. As others have noted, O&A treat comedians very well--they let them be funny, they let them riff with them, they don't rush them out... And--and this is probably the most salient point--O&A put comedians on their show almost every fucking day. They're still putting on a comedy show, unlike Stern who comes in with no real preparation because he's deluded that his every utterance is riveting and hilarious. The Stern show is no longer comedic; all he does is talk about reality TV, his hobbies, and his middle-aged trophy wife.

17. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The dick suckers dismiss anything that hurts their poor howies little feelings.

The true fans may or may not like o&a but at least they've listened to it and decided that they don't like it for themselves.

18. Sheiky Baby

Sheiky Baby New Member

Reputations:
    Opie and Anthony are gay and faggot. You don't see videos of Beth pop up like Opies whore wife.

19. Sheiky Baby

Sheiky Baby New Member

Reputations:
    Little Jimmy is NOT gay and faggot.

20. 7onYourSide

7onYourSide Active Member

Reputations:
    opie= sucks Norton = mediocre at best Anthony= motherfuking funny and does great funny impressions hes 80% of the show