The Failed "Revolution"

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Dump Button, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Dump Button

Dump Button Former Mall Security Guard

Reputations:
    Name your "Top Three Indicators" the wig failed in providing an "Entertainment Revolution"

Additional indicators to your list is optional posting

2. Dump Button

Reputations:
    I will start off with my list

1. Failed website & App that promised live TV viewing of the show
    2. No budgets to do expensive bits like ones performed in the past
    3. Tim Sabean resigns after serving over 7 years for the wig during the SX era......no mention by the wig of the departed by the way

3. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Sorry, I get enough work to do in the office. Not doing more here.

4. TaTa Toothy

TaTa Toothy New Member

Reputations:
    Only a small percentage of his FM listeners followed him over to Sirius.

Those that did no longer do.

5. Dump Button

Reputations:
    your so lazy

6. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    I was recently designated a "VIP" on a major internet website. I don't have to take this kind of gonk. Where is Mrs. Rogers?

7. Dump Button

Reputations:
    one more word from you and you go

8. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    1. Howard is scrubbed from both the Sirius literature and the American public
    2. Howard was passed over for American idol and had to settle for agt, which lost ratings and outed howard
    3. The side projects all fail, and rely on less than ethical advertisement campaigns like exploiting cancer and providing bad health advice

But for me, the singlemost indication that the revolution never materialized:

4. Not only the lack of legitimate sponsors, but horrible, horrible sponsors.

9. the Artie Chair

the Artie Chair New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    enough said

10. the Artie Chair

the Artie Chair New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    See, Re-broadcast of 2008 show censored/edited! thread started by renchfrieswith last night and play the video. "It's a revolution" :facepalm:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  11. Howards Wig

Howards Wig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    1. Censoring the past.
    2. Asking fans to pay money, but not investing in the show (meaning the show is no longer remotely entertaining or funny).
    3. Pissing on the fans.

12. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard 's revolution didn't fail for him. Just the suckers who Paid.

13. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    1. Marrying a gold-digging cunt who influences him to make nice with everyone so she can go to cocktail parties and famous people will pretend they like her.
    2. Firing a comedic third mic personality and not replacing him with someone else who can be funny (it was a comedy show, remember?).
    3. Just like a seasoned politician, promising the world to his loyal fans to follow him and delivering very little and losing all of his followers in the process.

14. Beth Eats Hay

Beth Eats Hay Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    1) Fridays off.....then Thursdays
    2) Vacation time
    3) Repeat after repeat after repeat.....
    4 - 100 (and beyond) - His fucking greed and dishonesty.....beginning with his wife and kids and ending with the fans and stockholders he fucked over.

Happened within a YEAR after the failed "revolution" began.......

Now, a satisfied O and A listener. As a long time former Stern fan, I cannot understand how anyone can stand to listen to him AT ALL these days. I just don't get it.....

15. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    Very key and valid points. The Vacation time and the brevity of his schedule was a major mistake, but at that point Howard got all of his money and then some, he doesn't give a shit. The key sentence in your post is the fact that you've made the switch to O and A, which many listeners have over the years because of Stern's shitty program. Thanks, Howard! (I'm sure O and A appreciate it as well...they probably have a ton of new listeners)

16. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    1. The revolution became an evolution. He "evolved" into a PC guy who put his wife's social aspirations ahead of the show. He assumed the "correct" viewpoints on politics and culture, killed bits that were edgy, and adopted a sycophantic interviewing style rather than challenging his guests .

2. He had already begun taking himself way too seriously and believing his own hype. The opulent lifestyle and coterie of yes-men that came with the success killed any contact he had with reality. Common mistake with the wealthy. They feel that because they are successful they must be superior beings and therefore can weigh in on any topic, no matter how little they know about it.

3. Like all kings, he quickly becomes paranoid and fearful of challenges to his throne by his own subordinates. Anyone who gets a bigger laugh gets buried, anybody who could potentially replace him one day (harming his negotiating power) is passed over in favor of flawed disturbed second tier talent who could never be a threat. Shuli is never going to hit it big. Benjy is never going to get bigger laughs than Howard on-air. Even Artie was never going to have the ambition or technical ability to run a competitive show. With any organization that refuses to develop new talent, it quickly stagnates and declines.

17. skytzoboy

skytzoboy not a fuck to give

Reputations:
    Ashley Madison and Fresh Balls as main featured advertisers.

18. sammyr134

sammyr134 Mister Sunshine Banned User

Reputations:
    Once he sued sirius he packed it in and decided not to put on a good show. It is so obvious. Coast and
    collect a check.

19. Atomic Wedgie

Atomic Wedgie Crash Victim

Reputations:
    1. Refused to hire "talent" to fill H101, instead he gave shows to interns and wackpackers. And he had the balls to complaint that the hosts of these shows didn't deserve more than crumbs because their shows were so awful. Thank God he didn't have three channels to produce as he originally planned on.

2. Becoming friendly with those he once despised and eviscerated on air...letting Chevy Chase give a speech at his wedding just showed how emasculated the once self proclaimed "King Of All Media" had become.

3. The abbreviated schedule...and the idea that fans were willing to listen to 4-7 days a week of old shows was s huge fail. And once Artie was gone listening to these old shows revealed just how ordinary and unfunny Howard and Robin are on their own . Without Jackie, Billy West, Stuttering John et al there wasn't really much there, just played out old bits done ad nausea without any hint of creativity or humor...do we really need to hear another hour about Ben and Rae??

20. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Failed? That implies a legitimate attempt at something. The first Sirius contract was nothing but a money heist, accompanied by a snow job.

But there was a budget, at least in the first five years. Remember Howard's media blitz shortly after his first Sirius contract? Whenever the interviewer brought up the $500 million payday, Howard would strongly imply that show payroll and budget were included in that. All bullshit. Howard's lawsuit against Sirius exposed another Stern fraud -- separate money was set aside by Sirius for show production, including H101 shows.

I'm really happy Howard lost the case against Sirius, but the discovery phase would have been interesting. Perhaps we'd have learned that Stern was funneling that separate H101 budget through his own production company and a few other shell corporations right into his own pocket. Allegedly. After all, Reilly Martin and others complained regularly that they were only getting paid peanuts and plugs for H101 shows.

I'd guess SiriusXM wised up by the second contract and now there's very little budget.

Here's my list:
    1.) Stopped doing roasts after Howard and Beth took a bunch of (on the mark) insults.

2.) "We all have ISDN lines installed in our homes. You never know when we will pop up on another H100 or 101 show." Except for Robin's cancer recovery, has this ever happened? The few times I've heard Howard on the WUS he was either in studio or calling in on his cell phone. Same for Gary and Robin. I've never heard Fred anywhere else.

3.) "H100 News has free reign. They'll even be looking into me, which makes me uncomfortable, but I'm not going to control them." flash forward to Howard angrily berating Lisa G when he heard she was doing a story on the cost of Beth O's engagement ring. Lisa G's final story on the ring was very bland and all subsequent H100 News coverage of Howard has been 100% positive.