Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by RenchFries, Aug 12, 2016.
Profound shit. Thoroughly researched and backed up with facts.
Didn't watch yet, but You may enjoy this if you're really interested
USA will become United States of Muslims.
We are all gonna die!!!
Rome fell cuz they di'int have the Internet
It only makes sense.
Pffft. I told my mom we are the modern day Roman Empire years ago.
I'm gonna fiddle while America burns. Who wants to hear Turkey in the Straw?
Every center of the universe has fallen eventually for pretty much the same reasons- uncontrolled implosion.
Amazing that history keeps repeating itself without anyone noticing.
Rome had a 1500 year run, U.S. Has a long way to go.
oops lagged out
More concerned about the fall of the planet earth.
I tried to listen but he is an annoying douche.
Don't worry the guy withe Orange mop on his head who calls everyone a loser will save us
1. Replaced Roman labor with slave and immigrant labor. Tried to create a work-free class of Romans to lord over everyone else never getting their hands dirty. Lazy indulged soft people make shitty soldiers. .And the ones too stupid to own slaves or run businesses had to be fed by the treasury.
2. Gave away citizenship like candy. A piece of paper (or whatever) does not make you a Roman. The unity of culture and purpose requied to defend Rome dissipated.
3. The hired-hand generals defending the borders often led their armies of similar hired hands against Rome. (currently over 4% of those serving in US military are not citizens of the USA. What happens when it's 10 or 20%?)
4. Debased the currency. They literally shaved metal out of coins. (We print it and create it out of thin air at the Federal Reserve)
5. Mass migration from the East pushed other tribes into Roman areas in search of land. (The world's poor flock here, not the world's elites)
6. Overspending on military (Bases or presence in 150 plus countries)
7. Massive corruption tolerated in government (Hillary's "foundation", Republican support for immigration as cheap labor, any and all campaign donations, are rationalized by the people because they want them to win)
8. Weakening of military as ranks were filled with "barbarians" who were not exactly willing to fight to the death for Rome. (Would you fight hard for the Syrian Military if you moved there for a job?)
9. Trained and equipped Barbarians who later used this training and equipment to sack Rome rather than defend it. (Afghans, Libyan Al Quaeda, Syria, even Turkey)
10. Mass spending on feeding people who no longer worked. (About half of Americans receive some sort of government check each month)
11. Deadly plagues brought in from the East. (Zika, Ebola, TB, anyone?)
12. Valens allowing Visiogoths to settle inside the easily defendable borders (The wide Rhine and Danube Rivers vs Atlantic Ocean here) where when it suited their needs they formed up and attacked Rome later. Barbarians at the Gates became Barbarians within the gates. (cough...Muslims)
Forgot to mention Joaquin Phoenix killed his father and then tried to kill Russell Crowe.
He is, but that's likely not the reason you won't listen.
some of those points are also the reason for the Rise of Rome as the center of an empire.
13. Emperor named after a commode.