News The Freeloaders Fighting for Prince’s Loot

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, May 7, 2016.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    48754510.cached.jpg

All sorts of colorful characters are coming out of the woodwork—and calling from prison—to claim a piece of Prince’s estate.

From kook to kin, they’re coming for Prince’s Versailles.

“I live in Georgia, I’m a minister and a medium and I’m the wife of Prince Rogers Nelson,” spouts one woman on a phone call.

One guy even evoked Darth Vader: “Right after Prince landed his plane, he shook hands with me and told me ‘I am your father.’”

The flurry of freeloaders have been flooding the phone lines of Heir Hunters International, a firm tracking down and finding long-lost and missing beneficiaries of Prince’s estate.

The agency’s founders, John Hilbert and Shar Mansukhani, told The Daily Beast they’ve received hundreds of calls from jailbirds, cons and alleged “love children.”

While they’re checking every opportunist or convict’s claim, they’re also trying to determine if the reason Jim Morrison’s son hasn’t been known is because he’s been off the grid.

“I believe I’m Jim Morrison’s son,” one man told the firm just after Prince’s death. “I know this because I spent spent my entire life in prison for armed robbery.”

Most of the calls or emails fail the stink test, but Heir Hunters say they’ve already delivered Prince’s grand-niece Victoria Nelson to a rightful seat at the estate table next to her brother Duane Joseph Nelson, Jr. and sister Brianna Nelson.

“Victoria steps into her grandfather’s shoes and takes a half of a share because her father, Duane Nelson (nicknamed Casper and died in 2005), was a half-brother and would get one-seventh of that estate,” Hilbert said of the Minnesota-based teen.

And as the infighting amongst Prince’s family members simmers publicly, they may all soon bow down to a 30-something Minnesota mystery man who claims he’s Prince’s secret “love child” from a fling in the mid-1980s, the Daily Mail revealed last week.

The man, who is not repped by a lawyer, stuck out from the first phone call. “He approaches when he saw the picture Prince died intestate,” Hilbert told The Daily Beast. “He was stunned and under the impression that time was of the essence, that we had to rush to the courthouse.”

The agency’s founders, whom he found from their TV appearances, settled his fears after a few phone calls in which they assured him Prince’s assets had to be counted and his debts paid before anybody can get at the $300 million-plus estate.

Prince’s self-proclaimed son walked the agency’s heads through a timeline of his life that they say so far “checks out.”

“He’s a terrific guy,” Mansukhani told us, adding that they are taking time to be certain the young man is legitimate. “It’s like a puzzle and there’s some good pieces that fit in place. The schedules do match.

“A lot of people will wonder ‘Well, why is he coming forward now, when he had his whole life to do this?’ but he has never felt like Prince was going to die so young… He told us ‘I want to know.’

If he is indeed Prince’s love child, that would mean every sibling is out of the running for the otherworldly artists’ riches. “Nobody will be happier than he is,” Hilbert said.

Days after Prince died, his sister Tyka Nelson filed an emergency petition to appoint a special administrator to oversee the 57-year-old rockstar’s $300-million estate.

Prince, known for his vice grip over his manna-filled music catalogue, apparently left no will.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ld-and-jailbirds-fight-for-prince-s-loot.html

DiamondGoddess likes this.
  2. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    I really cannot believe that a man who controlled his content to the degree that Prince did had no will!!!

He knew precisely what his family was comprised of.

3. blackcrystal61

blackcrystal61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :tears: Why couldn't I be his kid too

stanggirl and DiamondGoddess like this.
  4. Krinkle

Krinkle What?

Reputations:
    This boggles my mind. How could he not have a will?

I'm a no name simpleton from Jersey, and I have a will.

Petal and DiamondGoddess like this.
  5. DiamondGoddess

Reputations:
    Mike Walker from the National Enquirer thinks a will will surface.

Since Prince's debacle with Warner Bros., I guess he wouldn't sign legal papers and changed lawyers a lot.

Reggae Mistress likes this.
  6. SuperFarts

SuperFarts Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You are.

As am I brother.

Now its OUR time!

DiamondGoddess likes this.
  7. DiamondGoddess

Reputations:
    All that rhythm...all that money...