Radio The History of Backmasking...

Discussion in 'Unexplained Mysteries' started by Mlawl, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Mlawl

Mlawl New Member Banned User

Reputations:
  2. Reggae Mistress

Reggae Mistress Old Catcher's Mitt

Reputations:
    I attended a seminar on this when I was younger. Sadly, it was held/sponsored by a very conservative church group and was completely one sided. Thankfully, even in my youth, I questioned authority, especially religious authority. I'm curious about the amount of sublimation and backmasking in today's music, if any. I know for a while, subliminal messages were often used in movie theater ads/previews, elevator music and in grocery/shopping malls...I will do some research and report back.

pheelios likes this.
  3. Mlawl

Mlawl New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Please report back. I'd be curious to know if there are any backwards messages in the new Transformers movie... mainly because I didn't think the movie made sense going forward

4. Remley

Remley Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Despite the fact the OP was shot dead, this is an interesting topic. Some good vids on You Tube concerning this.

I have no doubt it continues to this day as it must be effective on some level for it to have been so widely implemented. I've experimented with Audacity software, playing certain selections or audio clips backward and there are intelligible words or phrases... most of my experimentation was with Beatles music as it was widely discussed they experimented with it. It's pretty fascinating stuff.

I discovered one on a Beatles song that really shocked me and I had never seen any discussion of it before, it seemed really clear to me and I was surprised that I'd never seen it listed or discussed with their others. I'll try to dig it out and post it forwards and backwards here in a future post. The whole Beatles story behind the story is fascinating and much deeper than most can believe.

The use of subliminals, although not the same as backmasking, seems to have been used much more than we previously may have believed. I thought it was illegal to use in advertising and commercials, etc but apparently its been pretty widespread, its amazing what our subconscious mind will see and recognize, but on a conscious level we miss it. Seems that subliminals are being widely used in movies and TV "programming". Again, some great vids on YT demonstrating these.