The Howard Experiment on AGT

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Henry Gale, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Henry Gale

Henry Gale New Member

Reputations:
    Lets try to put your Stern Show opinions aside and discuss Howard's tenure

Pros
    Howard seems to be taking this serious
    No shameless promotions with the exception of pointing out a few crowd guests
    He is only plugging Snapple through product placement

Cons
    Whether it is the absence of Piers or the addition of Howard ratings are down
    He has been honest for the most part, but not that brutally honest judge that Piers was and people expected. (is it a lack of real eye for talent?)
    He may have pushed Sharon off, but clearly thinks he is numero uno when the judges talk

I think it has gone far better than I personally expected, but I would take Piers back in a second without even waiting for a debate.

During the first few shows he expressed how much he disliked dance, during every dance act... then praise them how they were some of his favorites... clearly he is a fan but is trying to save face.

2. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
  3. HORSETOOTHED

HORSETOOTHED Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    His judging decisions are mainly based on what he thinks will please the audience.

4. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've only watched 2 live shows but that pretty much sums up my assessment.

5. TaTa Toothy

TaTa Toothy New Member

Reputations:
    Howard 10 or 15 years ago would have been the perfect judge. He would have been brutaly honest and hit the red X button on 90% of those circus acts. The Icabod Crane that is Stern today is a phoney who is trying to win over the soccer moms and grannies who are basically the main viewing audience. Seriously, do you know ANYONE who watches this show? I've seen two episodes and struggled to get through them. I only turned in to see if there was even a small spark of the old Howard left that might surface. Sadly...no.