The Imus show on fox business news

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by stripes, Jun 16, 2013.

1. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Comcast just gave us the fox business news & watched it Friday morning. imus show is 6-10am weekdays I think & was actually pretty good. imus was off but Bernard was running the show, funny with good crew without the retarded morning hokey bullshit of other morning shows. they showed an imus taped interview with Dwight gooden that was pretty good. imus got into his own battle with booze & it was good. imus is scary old tho. evidently his son his competing in rodeos now & they spend a lot of time on the ranch still. hadn't seen him in years & didn't even know he was on the air. I bet most old sternfans would like imus better than old granny stern now...anyway give it a shot if you have fox business news...you will be surprised.:hat:

2. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I've been an Imus listener for years, but as much as I still like Imus, the show isn't what it used to be. Ever since Nappy Headed Hos, Imus hasn't been able to be as edgy as he used to be, and he had that black comedian forced on him (who is okay, but the show was far better without him). The loss of Sid Rosenberg and Charles McCord hasn't helped, either. Also, Imus is starting to lose his voice (and may need vocal chord surgery), so I don't know if I'd count on the show going much longer. I still maintain that the 90's and early 2000's Imus in the Morning show was every bit as good as THSS and surpassed it from about 2001-2005, though.

3. stripes

Reputations:
    ya, his voice is shakey old & you're right I listened years ago & it was really good & not pc like most shit on the air. Friday was a good mix of sports, news & crackin wise.

4. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Imus in the early 90s was ok. He clearly was trying to steal Howard's ideas. He then went off on a more political angle with his show, which I guess was fine for them, but I thought was boring. Back then Howard was on fire and listening to Imus was just sad in comparison. I've seen a bit of Imus lately and frankly, compared to the new, evolved Howie, he's not awful.

These days if I'm listening to any radio talk shows it is probably Mike and Mike, Dan Patrick or Jim Rome. Rome's show makes me laugh more in a week than I did at Howie's show the last few years at Sirius.

5. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This is what Howard is trying to reinvent himself as... He wants to be imus so bad rut now, with a tv deal and national audience...

... Only he fucking sucks and he ruined whatever credibility he had with those that made him... Plus that stupid fucking jawless laugh he has...

6. stripes

Reputations:
    wish I was part of dan Patricks crew & worked in that awesome mancave studio above the deli.

7. stripes

Reputations:
    ironically the circle of life is haunting wiggy:cool: