Shop Now At Amazon

The Killing returning???

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Kamie, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I loved this show. I know there were a lot of people who were pissed off because the murder of Rosie Larson was not solved in Season 1, but I loved the acting and the writing and the feel of the show. I hope they bring it back! Plus I thought Joel Kinnaman was really hot.....

If the gossip is true, then millions of compulsive TV watchers are grimacing at the inevitability of once again strapping in for Detectives Linden and Holder's crime-solving slogs. Deadline is asserting with great confidence (although no official confirmation as of yet) that Veena Sud's equally maligned and admired procedural, "The Killing," may be on its way back to AMC, the very network that canceled it earlier this year.

Reportedly, AMC would share broadcasting privileges and costs with Netflix, and resume production early next year with original stars Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman in tow. Furthermore, network brass were apparently persuaded on the strength of Sud's pitch for a third-season concept. Which, given the show's track record, could be something maddeningly convoluted. Or, taking into consideration fan backlash, it might just be less entangled than the Rosie Larsen mystery.

The revival has seemed inevitable, as series creators have been aggressively seeking out new scenarios for "The Killing" to solider on soon as AMC initially pulled the plug. And, truth be told, Season 2 was pretty gripping stuff, despite the fact that so many viewers had already jumped ship and left it, and Rosie, for dead. Besides, it beats indefinite airings of "Comic Book Men."
    http://social.entertainment.msn.com...080&feat=e64f7f95-3ee8-4f61-9f04-5f4ce2d15ae0

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

Shop Now At Target
  3. Gusbuss

Gusbuss Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I tried to watch the first season but that lady cop was so fucking annoying I had to bail after about 6 episodes.

4. kicksave7

kicksave7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Read that last night...I enjoyed "The Killing" but thought they could have wrapped up the Rosie Larsen case sooner. Good acting, good cast. I would watch it again.

5. Winst

Winst Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I hope that they manage to bring it back. (..even if it's only in book/novel form.)

Everything that I liked about the show outweighed any of the problems that I had with the show...and I did have
    a number of mildly serious problems with the show.

The show had good actors providing great performances of intriguing characters..all tied up in one hell of
    a mysterious and crazy(..up, down and sideways.) storyline.
    The show was driven by it's amped up dramatic action..and the show delivered one great scene after another etc.
    IMO..that all adds up to a show well worth the watch.

6. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I agree - the positives far outweighed the negatives. Also, the guy who portrayed Stan Larson was terrific, and I think Michelle Forbes is always good, even as that fairy mother earth person on True Blood. I have liked her since Homicide: Life on the Street.

7. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    this is one if those shows that i watched but only because i already invested time into it. i didnt like it, the characters all sucked, and the 'pointing the finger' at a different suspect every episode was fucking gh3y.

i actually dont remember who was the killer, nor do i care. i guess it hooked me, but it was super lame. At least Weeds had the levity of Doug Wilson, this show had nothing.