The King of Revisionist History Changed His Story on AGT - Now It's A Goof

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tv910, Jul 15, 2014.

1. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Noticed in the rundowns from yesterday that Howard repeated his recent statement that joining AGT was a "goof". Completely different from his original story that it was an honor to be a judge, he was taking the job seriously, and was determined to find the next big international superstar. Someone must have explained to him that he was the only one who wasn't in on the joke and sounded like an idiot. Here's a couple of examples of the original story:

12/15/11 (Marksfriggin)
    Howard said he met the people from America's Got Talent and he gave them a 1 hour lecture about what he wanted the show to be. Don said he took notes that day. Howard said that Don has taught him to let people talk and listen to them. He said he hasn't done that.
    Howard said he is a huge fan of America's Got Talent and he loves watching the show. He said that Beth tells him he's brilliant at judging the people. Howard said that the people from America's Got Talent thought he'd be qualified for the job and this is what has led to him signing on with the show.
    Howard said that he told the people from the show that he takes judging very seriously. He said when the young children come on he's going to want to talk to the parents. He said they have to prepare them for losing. Howard said that the nonsense of Howie and Sharon putting through people who are less than talented has to stop. He said that there will be no Frank Sinatra impersonators getting through.

04/22/13 (LA Times)
    The self-proclaimed King of All Media says he's already having a good time with his new teammates. But speaking to reporters at NBC Universal's press day in Pasadena, he declared he had a mission this season.
    "I want to find an international superstar," Stern said as he sat on a panel with his on- and off-screen colleagues.
    Stern bantered easily with the new judges, making fun of Klum as reporters asked how she would juggle parrenthood with her new job and her "Project Runway" duties. When more questions were directed at Klum, he jokingy griped, "Didn't you guys get the memo? I'm the star of the show."
    He added that he took the job of judge quite seriously and that he had a great time last season.

2. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Take it from the KOAM's own mouth...

"I'm a liar! I'm a compulsive liar!"
    [​IMG]

3. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    that's a lot of work you did there

4. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "He said that Beth tells him he's brilliant at judging the people."

Exhibit # 1,234,978 on why Howard is willing to throw away his career to make Beth happy.

jgard, kingship, HORSETOOTHED and 2 others like this.
  5. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No work at all. o_O
    I just did what Howard does.
    Use someone else's work and take credit for it.:rolleyes:

6. Rob0729

Reputations:
    What happened to Howard saying everyone thought he would go on the show and goof on it, but he takes it seriously and that is how he is shocking people.

BeerCanThick and PelicanWig like this.
  7. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Only Howard goofs! No one else!

Bye You! likes this.
  8. JonnySoul

JonnySoul Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If Howard only treated agt as a goof, maybe he could've done something interesting with it. He didn't.

HORSETOOTHED likes this.
  9. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    i gotta give credit where credit is due - she's good.

But my guess is the conversations go something like this:

Howard: BETH!!!!! BEEEEEEETH!!!!!!!! are you home?????????

(silence)

5 hours later...

Howard: Beth, aren't I brilliant at judging people?

Beth (nose in a goblet of wine): uh huh, yup, whatever you say...

jgard, Ta Ta Toothy and Turtle Man like this.
  10. DrivenByDemons

DrivenByDemons Spinoff Jesus Staff Member

Reputations:
    I invented goofing

pilo likes this.
  11. Bye You!

Reputations:
    Howard invented goofing :coffee:

12. Bye You!

Reputations:
    :pissed:

13. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Searching for the truth is often the toughest road to hoe (but satisfying no doubt) :up:

14. BarberFloyd

BarberFloyd God Bless DuPont Chemicals Banned User

Reputations:
    Howard invented having cancer on the radio

15. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    He married this one as a goof too (they didn't have enough similar DNA)

[​IMG]

16. Rob0729

Reputations:
    You got Beth wrong. Howard claimed he wanted to marry an earner and that is exactly what she is. She plays Howard like a fiddle. Listen to her talk about him in interviews. "Howard is the most kind man I know. Howard is the smartest man I know. Howard is the sexiest man I know. Howard is the best father. Howard is the funniest man I know. Everyone loves Howard."

I would say she is a sycophant, but I am not sure she buys anything she says. Whether she sought out the richest narcissist she could find or she just got lucky that Howard was such a narcissist, she found the one rich guy who would buy all the bullshit. Narcissists are incapable of real love. They love people based on how that person makes the narcissist feel. Beth makes Howard feel like a God by feeding him BS affirmations like "Howard is sexier than Brad Pitt... In his own way". That is what he loves.

17. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    There was a video from a local Long Island cable show posted on here a year or two back interviewing Beth at one of the Hampton self-congratulatory BS events. It was cringe-worthy in a few respects: First the interviewer introduced her as a "supermodel," with no correction from her at any time; then her general chatter was insipid. However, the kicker was her response when asked where Howard was, .. that he's roaming around and when we're not together I miss him so much. Of course he showed up right on cue and she threw herself at him for the camera. her acting was so transparent that even if I wasn't aware that she had attended a few events solo in NYC the weeks previously, I still would have called BS.

Does anyone have that video... cuz it really embodies the Polack Princess's phoniness. If Howard couldn't see through her bad insincere acting, he actually deserves what's befalling him.

18. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    Yeah because you never research articles, find clips and analyze statistics to back your opinions. You are slowly but surely making Stern68 seem like the most intelligent stern supporter here.

Dump Button and Thedomina like this.
  19. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    In a clip posted here a while ago, Howie said the shit talent show was "The biggest thing ever to happen in our world".

I remember that quote well because it was absolute confirmation that I did that right thing in giving up on the show years ago.

20. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Howard lies about everything?