The marketing plan for the Birthday Show

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Phantom Lord, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This party has been marketed one and only one way. "Look how hard it is to get tickets. We don't have enough tickets. I'm turning my family, friends, and A-List celebs away. Gary is under the most pressure of his life with these tickets. These are the hottest tickets for the biggest event ever. Beth is choosing from 5 outfits. What should I wear Robin? Bobo you lost the ticket contest (but wait a few days well give you some). There is too much demand for these tickets."

It has never been about the music acts and celebrities. They aren't that big of a draw and just because you sit in a theater doesn't mean you are sitting next to Jewel. Your best luck is sitting next to Eric from Hobokan.

My guess is Don Buchwald one day said, "Howard, I have a great idea. I know you don't want to do a Birthday show anymore, but if you did one on a Friday you could take off Monday. We do it Super Bowl weekend hoping celebs in town will pop in. Here is the best part, we announce it 6 weeks early and you can talk about it on your show everyday for a least an hour or more. Think about how much time and content you will save by being able to constantly talk about it and hype it. We will do it 3 weeks after your Birthday and have the company we sued pay for it. What do you think?"

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  2. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The abnormal over-reaction by callers that win tickets gave it away for me. It's an overly produced bit, just surprised that Howard believe we are falling for the phony show schills. His sense of self has eclipsed his view of reality and what not.

3. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope I sit next to Ahn.

4. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The same thing Howard always does, Over hype everything to the point of boredom.

5. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  6. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    The poor acting by Joey Boots and that unfunny hack Shulli yesterday when Boots found out he was going was really sad. How the might have fallen.

7. larryluncg

larryluncg Empty VIP Gold

Reputations:
  8. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    boots1.JPG

9. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is there any need to really market it though? It's not like they have tickets to sell or need to sell out the MSG or anything. The 1,500 seat place will mostly be filled by Sirius employees, friends and advertising partners. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of tickets released to the public was less than 100.

There's nothing really to sell here. I guess they want people to listen, but does it really matter?

10. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    You called that one. I am still hoping that Boots has done his last Booey Bomb. Howard really enjoys that people go out on a limb to give him a shout out. Howard doesn't deserve the effort.

11. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's so obvious they're lying about the demand for tickets. Gary said Boots was on a waiting list with many people ahead of him, then all of a sudden he gets a ticket? Several callers have gotten through multiple times to ask for tickets, how can that be possible if the phone lines are packed for the entire show. If anyone associated with the show isn't there it's because they didn't want to go, there are plenty of seats available.

12. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:

Howard made a rare live guest appearance today on his own radio show to continue to promote his birthday party show which is just a Sirius/XM corporate event.

:cwl:

13. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:

14. Ruffypup

Reputations:
    boots1.JPG