News The Murder of Skylar Neese; 16 y/o from WV, killed by BFF's

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shady_Jake, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Shady_Jake

Shady_Jake Well-Known Member

Reputations:

[​IMG]

Skylar Neese (right), with her soon to be killers, Shelia Eddy (left) & Rachel Shoaf (middle)

This happened about an hour from where I live so the case fascinated me. Like the Steubenville Rape fiasco, social media played a major part in this case as well. More on that in a bit, here is the background info from Wikipedia:

Disappearance

On July 5, 2012, Neese returned to her family's Star City, West Virginia apartment after working a shift at a fast food restaurant. She disappeared from her home that night. Apartment complex surveillance video showed the teenager leaving the apartment by the window at 12:31 A.M. on July 6, 2012 and getting into a sedan.[1] Neese's father said that she did not take her cell phone charger, that her window was left open, and that she planned on coming home.

Murder

Skylar Neese's best friends, Shelia Eddy and Rachel Shoaf, convinced Skylar to sneak out in the middle of the night with them to ride around town and smoke marijuana. Skylar, who had recently fallen out with the two girls, was hesitant. After a series of phone calls and texts from Shelia and Rachel, Skylar changed her mind and was convinced to go with them.

At 12:31 A.M., after Shelia's silver Toyota pulled up by her apartment, Skylar climbed out of her window via a small bench she had put by her window earlier. She climbed into the back seat of the car and the three girls headed north from Star City on U.S. Route 19. They planned to turn onto Route 7 when they saw a State Police car parked in front of a gambling lounge. Not wanting to get caught as underage girls out past curfew, they turned around and headed back to Star City and took an alternate road to Blacksville.

They eventually arrived at their destination on Morris Run Road in Pennsylvania, a long dirt road surrounded with woods, a place familiar to all three girls where they would occasionally smoke marijuana on the way to and from Shelia's father's house. Shelia and Rachel each concealed a kitchen knife Shelia had provided under their clothes. In the trunk was hidden paper towels, bleach, Handi Wipes, clean clothes, and a shovel Rachel had stolen from her father's house. The girls stepped out of the car for a smoke but Shelia's lighter didn't work, so Skylar went to retrieve her lighter from the car. As soon as Skylar turned her back, Rachel began counting to three—a premeditated signal—and the two girls began stabbing Skylar. Skylar attempted to run but didn't make it very far until Rachel tackled her to the ground and continued to stab her. At some point, Skylar managed to grab the knife from Rachel and leave a three-inch gash just above her right ankle. That's when Rachel stopped stabbing but Shelia kept going. They stopped counting after fifty stabs. The only word Skylar managed to muster during the vicious attack was, Why? over and over again.

When they were certain Skylar was dead, they retrieved Rachel's shovel and dragged Skylar's body to the side of the road where they tried to bury her near a creek, but the soil was too rocky so instead they covered her body with rocks, fallen branches, and dirt. After disposing of Skylar's body, the girls returned to the car to clean up with the Handi Wipes and towels they brought and put their bloody clothes in a trash bag and donned clean clothes. The murder, disposal of Skylar's body, and clean-up took three hours.

Investigation

For months police investigated several unproductive leads in Neese's disappearance. Neese was initially considered to be a runaway by law enforcement authorities, and anAmber Alert was not immediately issued in connection with her disappearance. An early tip indicated that Neese had been seen in North Carolina, but the Star City Police Department determined that the individual spotted was not Neese. Neese's parents posted fliers about their missing daughter in the Monongalia County region. Police determined that the unknown sedan in which Skylar Neese was last seen belonged to one of her friends and interviewed her. The friend (Shelia Eddy) admitted picking up Neese but stated that she had dropped her off an hour later. The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the West Virginia State Police joined the search for Skylar Neese on September 10, 2012, and began interviewing Neese's school friends.

A major break in the case was made when Rachel Shoaf admitted plotting with fellow teenager Shelia Eddy to kill her. Dave Neese stated that these two girls were among his daughter's best friends, and that Shelia Eddy had even helped the family look for her by distributing missing person fliers. After her confession, Rachel Shoaf led investigators to Neese's body. On March 13, 2013, U.S. Attorney William J. Ihlenfeld, II released a press release stating that a body found in Wayne Township, Greene County, Pennsylvania on January 16, 2013 had been identified as the remains of Neese. Neese's remains were found less than 30 miles away from her home.

Criminal Charges

On May 1, 2013, Rachel Shoaf pleaded guilty to second degree murder. According to the court transcript, Shoaf said that she and Shelia Eddy picked up Neese in Eddy's car. The girls drove to Pennsylvania, got out of the car, and began socializing. At a pre-arranged time, Shoaf and Eddy stabbed Skylar to death on the count of three. The teens attempted to bury Neese's body, but were unable to do so and instead covered the body with branches. The court transcript indicates that other students overheard conversations between Shoaf and Eddy about the murder plot, but failed to report it, thinking they were joking. According to Shoaf's plea agreement, she pleaded guilty tomurder in the second degree by "unlawfully, feloniously, willfully, maliciously and intentionally causing the death of Skylar Neese by stabbing her and causing fatal injuries". In the plea agreement, the State of West Virginia will recommend a sentence of forty years incarceration. Shoaf's family issued a public apology for her actions through their lawyer.

On September 4, 2013, West Virginia prosecutors publicly identified Shelia Eddy as the second alleged perpetrator of the murder of Skylar Neese and announced that she would be tried as an adult. Eddy was indicted by a grand jury on September 6, 2013 with one count of kidnapping, one count of first-degree murder, and one count of conspiracy to commit murder. Shelia Eddy pleaded not guilty to these charges.

The date of the trial was originally set for January 28, 2014, but on January 24 – four days prior to the trial – Shelia Eddy changed her Not Guilty plea to Guilty to first degree murder with mercy. As a result, Eddy was sentenced to life imprisonment, with parole eligibility after she has served 15 years.

Following her guilty plea on May 1, 2013, Rachel Shoaf was remanded on charges of second degree murder and sentenced to 30 years imprisonment on February 26, 2014, with parole eligibility after she has served 10 years.

2. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That is hot

The Nothing 19 and lilbuddy67 like this.
  3. Shady_Jake

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Rachel & Shelia after murdering Skylar, but before being charged.

If you've made it this far, the main question you're probably wondering is what was the motive? There is no clear motive, but there has been much speculation that Shelia & Rachel were sleeping together, Skylar knew this & the 2 did not want their secret exposed. Rachel & her family are very big Christians.
    [​IMG]

Skylar walking to the car where her best friends sit, with knives hidden underneath their clothes:
    [​IMG]

During the investigation Shelia stayed in contact with Skylar's parents, pretending to be a distraught friend. Here is a post she made on Facebook. You can see Dave Neese's comment beneath it:

[​IMG]

Skylar's tweets made just days before she was killed:

[​IMG]

Shelia was far more active on social media than Rachel. Here are some tweets she made after they killed Skylar. Meanwhile, Skylar's parents were desperate to find out what happened to their daughter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, probably the most disturbing. In the first tweet, Shelia is "subtly" confirming they counted to 3 before pulling knives out from under their clothes & stabbing Skylar to death.
    [​IMG]

This is after Skylar's body was discovered. Little did Shelia know that Rachel had already confessed & led police to the body.
    [​IMG]

Notice the comment on the bottom right. It was pretty known at the time that Rachel & Shelia were the killers, but Shelia still played innocent.

4. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
    Hopefully the two of them will serve their full sentences but I doubt it.

5. Shady_Jake

Reputations:
    Here are pictures of Shelia & Rachel before & during their hearings. Quite a difference.

Shelia:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rachel:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mugshots:

[​IMG]

Here's an episode of Dateline about the case if you're interested in hearing more.

I hope you guys enjoyed this, it was quite a big issue here in West Virginia. I've never made a post like this so I apologize beforehand if it's a bit scattered. Interested to hear what you guys think.

assnuts, cwok, Trophy Knife and 37 others like this.
  6. Shady_Jake

Reputations:
    Sorry this is so disoriented guy, I had a hell of a time breaking it up into separate posts. Haven't created a thread so large before, especially with pictures & stuff.

cwok, ZevonFan, bdbx18 and 8 others like this.
  7. Big Lar

Big Lar VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    That shit is fucked up...

8. JRoyle411

JRoyle411 I want to live in a hamburger bun.

Reputations:
    Those little psychos should rot. I can't understand people who could just kill someone like that with no motive other than they weren't friends anymore. Fucking sick.

9. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:

:surprised:

stanggirl, Biff DiBiase, Icey and 2 others like this.
  10. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Kids need to be taught in school that they are never going to get away with murder, because they are simply too stupid to pull it off at that age.

11. SorryBoff

SorryBoff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Vagina is a powerful motivator

Shivvy, Fawkesguy and JRoyle411 like this.
  12. ChimneySweep

ChimneySweep Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    women... :shitcoffee:

Dorb, cwok, Icey and 2 others like this.
  13. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Lemmy likes this.
  14. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Crime is highly correlated with low intelligence for many reasons, one of which is the fact that stupid people are too stupid to realize how hard it is to get away with major crimes. And by "intelligence" I mean in the broad sense, not some egghead who scores high on tests but hasn't a lick of common sense. On Joe Kenda last night there was a doctor who tried to inject his wife's IV with Diazinon (ant killer) in front of the rest of the family at her hospital bedside. He had the hypodermic in his pocket when they questioned him.

15. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is as premeditated as possible. Both these cunts should be getting turned out in their cell blocks for the rest of their life. Imagine being the dead girls parents and knowing these animals could be paroled by the time they are 30. Fuck that. I would take a chainsaw to them.

assnuts, stanggirl, Stag and 15 others like this.
  16. greenchiclets

greenchiclets Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  17. Quality Control

Quality Control dove Gold

Reputations:
    I've never looked at Jack's teeth before, but I see now that they are the most perfect set of dentures ever. They look carved out of cream cheese! I'm officially obsessed.

babybear, codeine, teehee and 12 others like this.
  18. Penelope

Penelope VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    You did a fine job!

I recall reading about this when it happened--just mind-boggling how they could viciously stab their "friend" to death for...basically nothing. What a grisly way for that poor girl to die. Her poor parents, I can't even imagine.

19. Penelope

Penelope VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    :hilarious:

YOU BEAT ME TO IT!! I can't take my eyes off of Jackie's teeth!!

They actually look pretty good, no? Much better than Wiggy's, anyhow.

20. Cum Burrito

Cum Burrito Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    SECOND degree murder? what the?