The Music of Howard Stern special is airing AGAIN?!?!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by SleepingWarrior, Dec 31, 2012.

1. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Holy fuck the levels of laziness this entire organization of Stern's has is appalling. Not to forget the amount of marble hoarding the Wig engages in that they don't even provide new specials with their 25,000 hours of tape.

2. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    My response to you is why even bother or act shocked? If you have been a listener for years, this is no surprise. In the two weeks since the show is off the air, I have not even tuned into H100 as I have already heard the shows, if not live, then repeated throughout the week or as past "Specials."

3. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Satellite is the future of radio. :coffee:

4. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This is at least the 3rd fucking time its been replayed this year. At least give us the good shit like the Billy West special if ya refuse to make new ones.

5. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    23,000 hours of sanitized, Censored, And otherwise revisionist history......Probably works out to be around 500 hours when all's said and and done.......
    I'm like many here....The "Golden Jew" Vacations are a sure fire way to get me to avoid his channels like syphilistic pussy........And I rarely go there at all anymore.......

6. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    What he said...

I cancelled two years ago, but even before that I had stopped tuning in during vacations because it was never anything new, just rehashed versions of the same 300 hours of tape they use for every other "special", plus when they did do something new, they replayed it so many damn times it just became annoying as fuck. The Tom Bergeron Three Stooges tapes were pretty cool, but then they turned the whole thing into this special that aired a million times and I'd turn on the channels and it would always be on- I'd just turn to another channel.

7. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    25000 hours after Howard's censor list is 25 minutes...

BTW. I just listened on the "spotlight" series from 2006-8. These where great specials on Howard 101. For example Spotlight Stuttering John. 12 hour with commentary by Howard, John and others. Just replay some of those!

Its scary when WDM makes better specials then a six persons tapes team. The complete Artie addiction saga beats any Tapes team special!

8. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I listed to a few retreads back when they first started........Really didn't have a "Wow" Factor at all......

9. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Actually, I think it's at least the 5th. It seems like they replay it whenever there's a Monday holiday. Really pathetic, how can they justify having a Tapes Team? They produce very little and most of it is the exact same bits repackaged into a different theme.

10. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Cancel already!!!

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

11. TheWakening

TheWakening Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Everyone should listen to Vaas:
    [video=youtube;F_C5hdndk40]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_C5hdndk40[/video]

12. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    In my humble opinion, all musical guests, with the exception of foo fighters and duran duran, have been putrid in studio.

13. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Completely agree. I have not put on 100 or 101 for five seconds since the last live show. There's only so many ways you can repackage the same shit and try to sell it as new. As far as the 25,000 hours are concerned, Howard obviously has put the kibosh on most of them.

14. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Music special......barely anything from the Revolution?
    Remember how amazing the Revolution was going to be?
    Fish bowl performances??
    Scorned partner Stern does not have the burden of radio ratings and Howardtv (STERN) will not pony up the money to air music on HOWARDTV.

I listened to a lot of the music special.
    Would have been great to have a person live taking requests of stern show performances or talking up the next clip.

15. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    This.

16. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well, according to the tapes team, the Howard Stern Show ended in 2001 since that is where the History of Howard Stern left off when they last aired that "yearly" special in 2010. Either they are too lazy to complete the special or they realized the clips over the last 11 years sucked too much to continue the special. Or maybe they cannot figure out how to edit the clips post divorce from Alison to not show how much of a hypocrite Howard has become.

17. Wonder Trash

Wonder Trash Active Member

Reputations:
    Rebel Rebel. [​IMG]

18. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I thought Howard put the kibosh on post-2001 installment of HOHS because those years dealt with the Rise of Artie and Howard did not want to be interviewed, or have his staff interviewed, about whether Artie was ill during those years and whether Howard and his staff should have known about it. Howard also didn't want Artie interviewed (as he would have needed to have been) and also didn't want the tapes of those years played because they would have shown how Howard took advantage of Artie's troubles for laughs.

It was all about protecting Howard. So, rather than strap on a set of balls and deal with the Artie questions, Howard went the tried and true route - bury the HOHS program, never mention on the air again and pretend it never existed. Another way Howard insults our intelligence as listeners.

19. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Correct. There can be NO dissenting views or opinions. "Can I depend on you?"

20. DaBUU

DaBUU Active Member

Reputations:
    still on it's way....slow build :coffee: