The Mysterious (and Spooky?) Death of Elisa Lam

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Kamie, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    So what does this have to do with Howard? Nothing, other than Art Bell is on the radio and it's nearly Halloween and I love this shit. If you have 4 minutes, this footage is pretty fucking creepy. I wonder if you guys think it's supernatural or otherwise. I know this is a long post so sorry, but I felt that this was a pretty compelling and strange story.

[video=youtube;3TjVBpyTeZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM[/video]

From Art Bell's website:
    http://artbell.com/the-mysterious-death-of-canadian-elisa-lam/

Lam, who was only 21, was last seen at the Cecil Hotel on Jan. 31, according to L.A. police. Her parents had reported her missing and her body was discovered, nude and floating in the water tower of the hotel (a drinking source for residents) where she apparently was for 2 weeks. Now, if you can believe it, here’s is where the story gets REALLY disturbing.

Lam’s final moments were caught on the elevator security camera of the hotel. The footage I’m linking you to was taken moments before her death. In it you’ll see Lam acting very strangely. Mind you no drugs or alcohol was found in her system at all. She appears to be running from or hiding from someone, or something. Most perplexing about the video is that the door stays open the entire time, nearly four minutes. Then Lam contorts into some really frightening way that has to be seen to really be described and the elevator doors shut. Then open and shut several times before the video ends. Watch the video and then I’ll tell you about how this story gets even stranger.

A maintenance worker discovered the body while looking into complaints about the water pressure in the building. Guests had been drinking and bathing with water contaminated by a body that had been decomposing for nearly two weeks. So how did she get there? The Water Tower on top of the building was 15 feet high and locked. To gain access to said tower Lam would have had to of passed silently through two locked and alarmed doors first. Apparently she did so. All doors were still locked. No alarms were ever tripped. There are 100s of stories about this on the internet reported by every reputable news agency that there is. Some people say she was possessed or attacked by a ghost. If this is the case then this is the only known footage of such an occurrence.

2. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    pity post even thought this is 4 minutes of my life that I can never get back asshole.

3. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    didn't her family say she had a history of mental illness?

4. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    Yup... she was batshit crazy! :unutty:

5. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I think she was bipolar so it's likely she had a psychotic break but how did she wind up in the water tank with no alarm having gone off? The internets are all abuzz. People think she was possessed.

6. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    thanks for your pity, fuckface. I feel so lonely now.....

7. DaBUU

DaBUU Active Member

Reputations:
    There are no such thing as ghosts, as much as people want to believe that magical and unexplained things are happening, they aren't. This is one thing I agree with Howard on. I'd love for there to be more to this fucked up, mundane world than there is, but there is nothing other than living then dying.

8. Kilroy

Kilroy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Crazy thing is 30 min after drinking the water she had been decomposing in, you're thirsty again..

9. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She was tripping hard. How she got in the water tank is anyone's guess. I doubt the "locked" doors were all that locked. Who the fuck stays by themselves in a POS hotel in Skid Row in LA? She thought "ooh, water, water cleanses..." and in she jumped, not thinking that she couldn't get out of the tank again. So she drowned.

10. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    ghost are real, my sighting was confirmed by a second person...i was a non believer when the old timers would tell of ghost sightings during their long and sober lives, if you live long enough, you will encounter things that have no rational for being,...p.s. the kid was high on MSG

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  11. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    It must have been tough to get in that water tank.
    [​IMG]

12. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Member VIP

Reputations:
  13. wujekcity

wujekcity Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    how does a ghost get her into that tank??

14. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There is no such thing as ghosts, there are no gods, and the supernatural is a fairy tale.

She was a mental case that killed herself (or was offed) and the elevator was malfunctioning.

No reason to create an elaborate fairy tale around a tragic event.

15. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Crazy chink broad fights sanity.

16. hollywoodrose

hollywoodrose Member VIP

Reputations:

Everything is just energy, just different vibrational frequency - so the real illusion is "physical matter" that we see all around us. The door is already open mathematically to the existence of multiple dimensions and "ghosts", but some people like to pretend they know all there is to know even though we haven't come close to figuring things out yet. We keep learning that the story is bigger than we ever imagined which should make us humble and open minded, but it's easier to pretend that reality only goes as far as our most limited senses. It makes people feel comfortable and in control. Wiggy is king of the ostrich people - he sticks his head in the ground and suddenly thinks he's invisible.

17. Icculus

Icculus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    it's sad when basic logic has to be used as an argument.

18. crazycreep

crazycreep Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I never believed in ghosts and thought the same thing until I moved into a house next to an old cemetery in Boston. I know now 100% that they do and get anxiety even thinking about that house. Until you experience for yourself it's really hard to believe. I'm not crazy (despite my name) and always used to think people with their ghost stories wanted attention.....but anyone that went in that home including the neighbors are believers.

19. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I heard Art's version of the story too. It's not altogether accurate. The water tanks were only about 8 feet high, easily accessible and were UNLOCKED.

Also, the Cecil is a notoriously shitty hotel. Even if the security doors were rigged to sound alarms, chances are they were out of commission and unlocked too.

I loved Art's version, but he obviously found it on some gay ghost website that wanted to up the theatrics for the spooky season.

20. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    :facepalm: