The Never-Ending Bianca NSAL Scam: Is Beth Stern A Grifter Like Her Dad?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by OV, Jul 25, 2014.

1. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    That $7Million allegedly needed for construction? With the barrage of hands-out, calendars, concerts including the proceeds from Billy Joel's (and shouldn't that night alone have generated in excess of that amount?) why is Beth Ostrosky Stern still pandering for donations through Hamptons magazines and elsehwere?

And if they're still short, why couldn't her husband who recently spent an above market price $52million for a Palm Beach Estate and is presently spending $10 million to expand a closet that will be bigger than some 2-bedroom apartments, dip into his own bottomless pocket on this vanity project carrying his dog's name, to make up the rest and take a tax deduction while he's at it?

And based on Charity Navigator's terrible rating of NSAL, why in good faith are the Sterns soliciting $7million when over 40% of "donations" are taken right off the top for excessive salaries, administration, fund-raising including lavish parties and vanity "awards.?" Don't they have any qualms when they know up front that the project really won't cost more than 60% of that and that the a good chunk of the donations of mostly hard working, sometimes struggling people of whom they're asking to make sacrifices, will be going to underwrite salaries of staff that earn more than they do?

Bob Ostrosky, Beth's dad, is a disgraced dental surgeon and a felon convicted of fraud - bilking insurance companies for bogus phantom charges incurred. He's now an ex DDS having his license revoked.

So an obvious question: is there a quid pro quo between NSAL and his daughter to continue to solicit well beyond $7Mil under false pretenses in a never ending scam to funnel a percentage of those excess funds back to Pittsburgh to support her parents in the middle class lifestyle to which they've grown accustomed?

Tinman, beetlejosh, smichal and 17 others like this.
  2. Bentknee

Bentknee Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Here's the thing, Howard could easily pay the entire 7 million himself and take a nice tax write-off. But if he did that he would get publicity for Beth for a short time and then he would have to find something else to keep her name out there. By her raising the money she gets to go on a bunch of TV shows and gets into some magazines to tell the world what a great person she is.

3. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    I'm
    Sure you're right. But I'd want to hide her in a closet, everything about her is so embarrassing.

4. Stern68

Stern68 mult Banned User

Reputations:
    OMG, just because Beth's dad made some poor choices you can't imply that she is misusing charity money. I'm sure Howard insists on strict oversight of this project as he would never want his name besmirched by impropriety. Look how embarrassed he was about Seinfeld catching him off guard with that money on "Comedians In Cars"

5. Bentknee

Reputations:
    If you were such a Stern fan you would know that Howard loves not to know

smichal, blindbella, ZevonFan and 4 others like this.
  6. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've always felt that if this was a legitimate and genuine project that Wiggy was serious about, he would at least be matching contributions. The fact he isn't means its just another bullshit long con with hidden angles and agendas intended to garner publicity for his over the hill disney princess -- so you're right.

It's the Rainbow Bridge To Nowhere project.

teehee, blindbella, kingship and 6 others like this.
  7. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:

Again, wouldn't you think that the proceeds from one Billy Joel concert in Mad Sq Garden alone would have generated more than the $7mil? Is there any oversight tracking actual funds collected including donators and amounts? Or is this just a big general fund it's going into, to then be laundered?

8. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    NSAL is the one who gets accused of misusing the money. OP is pointing out that because of Beffy's association not only with an organization that is DOCUMENTED of using a huge % of funds raised for things OTHER than aiding animals (huge salaries, big parties, etc), but with a father who has been convicted of fraud, there MAY be some grifter in her. Considering the length of this fundraising campaign, I don't think it is beyond the realm.....

smichal, kingship, PelicanWig and 5 others like this.
  9. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He was doodling, how is he supposed to know what's going on?

teehee, smichal and Jayla like this.
  10. lisac37

lisac37 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I would so love to know how much $$ has been raised to date---how much from calendars, the concert, the Rachel Ray dog food, Howard and Beth themselves, etc. If Beth is saying construction isn't starting until next spring (and I'll believe that when I see it), they can't be close to the 7 mil. Aren't they embarrassed by how long it's taking?

11. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Is Howard secretly is pocketing some of the funds raised? No. He might be mildly tempted, but he wouldn't want to risk being caught.
    Is the typical NSAL accounting is in play (excessive "administrative" costs)? Very plausible, though I see no direct evidence.

They are dragging this out for reasons previously noted -- mainly that it gives Beth something to do.

12. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    especially when it's strongly likely that she invented part of her background and is presenting herself for modeling gigs based on false pretenses.

13. Ingens

Ingens VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Polish gypsies.

blindbella, kicksave7 and reno like this.
  14. Bentknee

Reputations:
    No, the concert seating capacity for MSG is 20,000. Each ticket would have to cost $350 to reach $7 million, and that is before expenses. Billy was going to donate his share , which would be nowhere near $7 mil, probably less than 1 mil.

15. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    I've wondered what happened to the THSS 9/11 fundraising money. You must have some insider knowledge to share on where that money went...

smichal and blindbella like this.
  16. Stern68

Stern68 mult Banned User

Reputations:
    You smoked it all.

17. zhukov

zhukov Time traveler Gold

Reputations:
    It's more fun to watch the little people pay for it.

teehee, smichal, PelicanWig and 3 others like this.
  18. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah but then Beth would have nothing to do but sit around and stare at the wall. "She makes her own money, Robin."

19. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'm sure Beth gets paid by the NSAL. Maybe the more she raises the bigger her take is. That way even if they did raise close to 7 million, Beth's cut off the top might make it really hard to reach their goal. She learned marble collecting from the best.

20. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    I've only heard Howard mention Beth's mom and brothers. Do they ever mention the dad at all?

smichal likes this.