The New Fantastic Four Movie will be Pure Excrement

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Javaforgotme, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Javaforgotme

Javaforgotme Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    With a nod to the ApeFace post about Ghostbusters - I'm predicting that the new Fantastic Four movie will be pure excrement.

I don't know why they even need to re-boot this story. Probably going the Spider-Man route and trying to make the cast younger.

I have no idea where they're getting this story line from -

Stern get's it right on this topic - why keep re-booting these stories. Maybe because there's not enough drama/story in the comic book to keep audiences coming back for a continuing story.

Oh - and by the way - one of the FF is black.

Sickboy and ApeFace like this.
  2. chief0124

chief0124 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How are this:
    [​IMG]
    as Sue Storm

And this:
    [​IMG]
    as Johnny Storm

supposed to be brother and sister?

3. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    Brother from another mother? :dontknow:

It's really sad. I grew up on the old FF Saturday morning cartoon from the 60s, and started reading the comics in my pre-teen years. The original movie started out OK, but the series took a turn for the kiddies and it quickly turned to shit (Galactus as a fucking cloud? C'mon!)

There is a TON of overlap in the comics between the FF and the rest of the Marvel universe, but as someone pointed out in an excellent thread awhike back, the FF franchise got caught in that multiple studio cesspool and has pretty much been stuck there ever since.

It will more than likely be a shitty reboot, but I'll probably go and check it out anyway (unless the reviews are just God awful, then I'll just wait for it to show up on HBO/Showtime).

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  4. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    At this rate they'll soon be rebooting a movie before the original finishes in the theaters.

No wonder the terrorists hate us.

Droog and Honkey Donkey like this.
  5. Afganistand

Afganistand Motivationally Deficient VIP

Reputations:
    Might as well just get Abrahams, Zucker, and Zucker to write "Reboot The Movie", and put Leslie Nielsen in it.

6. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm going to make sure I don't see this. Maybe if people stop going to reboots they will cut the shit. Plus this looks like a shit movie with nothing to do with the fantastic four but the name .

Droog likes this.
  7. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The worst is Superman. Why is it that after all these years and story lines in the comics the only movies that can get made are introductions? What was everyone reading about all these years if the only story worth telling is Superman's arrival over and over and over again? I also don't understand why a franchise needs to be rebooted every time a new director and actors come along. Just change the actors and continue the story. How many James Bond movies have been made? Not one single reboot and numerous people playing the lead role. Frankly, I'm tired of franchises as well. Why can't a story just end? I don't need an ongoing saga. That's what television is for. Theater is a terrible way to tell a continuing story. Waiting a few years or more between releases sucks.

8. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
  9. sfgirl

sfgirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    so no difference .....................