The Next step in the Howard Stern Revolution

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Honkey Donkey, May 3, 2015.

1. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What do you think the Wigman has planned next for his " Revolution " in radio.
    So far he was the one who revolutionized radio with the four day work week .
    Then he went one even better by revolutionizing it with the three day work week .

What do you think his next great revolutionary plan will be ?

The final trick fuck I think will be a once a week interview show with a guest and the Gunk . He will probably keep Will , Jason and Gary for production and JD as an assistant. Everyone else " will be around " . He thinks he is a great interviewer now that the general public likes the new " evolved " Wig Man. Blobin will go off to retire along with Fred . He will just do the one day a week show to keep his name on the channel for a pay day and offer even less content . He will probably go to only airing suck ass Hollywood interviews from old shows and cut out all the wild non-PC stuff. Get ready for the next revolution. LOL

2. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sirius will give in.

3. Honkey Donkey

Reputations:
    Yeah , there are a lot of idiots that still think he is a draw even though everyone with half a brain woke up and turned on the Gunk .

yaddc likes this.
  4. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When ya think about it who is good out there any more its all the same show sports/entertainment

Honkey Donkey likes this.
  5. Honkey Donkey

Reputations:
    Everyone wants to be mediocre including the Wigmaster

yaddc likes this.
  6. Honkey Donkey

Reputations:
    The new Wigman doesn't need Robin around any more . He is a serious interviewer now and being politically correct he has no need for Robin . Black jokes are out of the question in the next step in his revolution / evolution. That humor is for the un-evolved . Get ready for the Howard Stern interview show on Sirius / XM . And as a special treat the last hour will be the Beth O animal hour . Wow ! What a bonus ! No more bullshit !

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  7. HPMikesLazyEYE

HPMikesLazyEYE Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Finally an upside.

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  8. itsawig

itsawig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There are DJ's on terrestrial radio, Sirius, internet and podcast. The only question is how much they will pay Wiggy. They know what he is worth to satellite radio, and if he doesn't like it he moves to another platform. I heard SIM cards are making a comeback

9. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    I hate interviews so much man, podcast, Stern, whatever. Make me laugh with your own independent devices, maggots. One-man, one-mic.

10. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think the opposite. I think Howard will give in, but most likely spin it that he is getting even more than he ever has.

I read somewhere that currently, Howard is 1/3 of Sirius' operating budget. They let him walk and they are likely to be more profitable even if a decent number of his listeners leave with him. I don't think they are afraid to draw a line in the sand with Howard and risk losing him if he doesn't blink. Sirius is all about profitability these days since Liberty Media took over. They have let go a lot of their high profile and expensive celebrities.

And right now, the whole Whalerock thing is all talk with no hard strategy on how they are going to deliver content of Howard's and others. Is Howard going to deliver live shows on the app? Clips from the show? Archived shows? Original content outside of the show? No details are known. I seriously doubt Howard will go this route exclusively because there isn't enough money in it.

My guess is Howard will go back to Sirius with a massive pay cut ($20-30 million range) and his staff will be smaller. Sirius may force him to work Thursdays again. The show will continue to be more interview focused with some Morning Zoo humor here and there.

For the first time, Howard clearly does not have the advantage in negotiations. Sirius may want him back, but they will want him back at a much reduced rate. They are done paying big bucks just to say they have him as their marquee name. And I don't see Howard wanting to do any of the alternatives. Radio is dead and he would have to work mad hours (5 days a week, 5 hours a day) to make what he was making when he left which would be a massive paycut from Sirius. He could only generate a few million in revenue with a podcast which may be great for an Adam Carrolla or Chris Hardwick or Marc Moran, but is chump change for Howard. I don't see him getting a network TV gig to be an interview host.

11. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    You put a lot of thought into the future of a man you despise

yaddc likes this.
  12. guruhugz

guruhugz Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sirius knows the ratings. The truth is the wigged fraud lost his audience and Sirius does not want to pay for a show with a tiny listener count. Sirius will not renew wigman's contract.

I am going to laugh when wiggy cannot get anyone to buy his podcast next year.

Honkey Donkey and codeine like this.
  13. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't despise Howard. I think he is hilarious in a way that he never intended. He and the show have become a wonderful parody of Don Imus and his show.

14. wujekcity

wujekcity Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I just hope they save all the Podcast bashing tapes when he revolutionizes Podcasting lol

15. ItsAWholeThing

ItsAWholeThing Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard will come out of the closet

16. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    The Wigged Wonder's career at this juncture relies on two things: 1) that agent to the stars Don Buchenwald hasn't yet gone senile, and 2) that Wiggy still trusts Don - even and especially if Don gives him some news he wasn't prepared to hear. If Wiggy can swallow his pride - clearly a herculean task in its own right - I think he could still put a deal together with Sirius that will allow for him to continue his inexorable slide toward obscurity in a somewhat controlled and marginally dignified manner (at least in his own mind). On the other hand, if he thinks he can play hardball with Sirius, they will cut him off at the knees and the stench of irrelevance will be on him so thick and so fast in the industry that he won't be able to make a deal with Spreecast.

Remember, Wiggy's credo is that you never fund your own ventures. That was probably a good rule to live by for most of his career, but it bit him in the ass big time at Sirius and resulted in much butthurt and litigation. At this point I doubt there's anyone out there eager to bankroll any post-satellite endeavor.

codeine likes this.
  17. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Will his podcast only be 3 days a week.

18. A. Genius

A. Genius Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    As far as 'The tapes', wgas, wgaf? Not having them made him do a full schedule. He made us think that getting said tapes would somehow make the Sirius gig even better. All it did was allow him to fill time. Fucker. Actual fans really don't need to hear any of that dated content. It's like watching an old episode of wheel of fortune. His show was fun when it was new everyday. We hated 'best of' then. Why would we want to hear it now? End rant.

19. Honkey Donkey

Reputations:
    What ever happens it's going to be a striped down show probably .

20. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    surprised no one has posted this yet...

-

wait for it

-

[​IMG]