News The other side of the coin...photos that make u appreciate the Boys in Blue

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Dlist, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It’s sadly the case that most images of cops used by the media have a negative spin — and that the good deeds of officers, day in and day out across the country go unnoticed.

But occasionally, those small acts of kindness and compassion that go hand in hand with being a cop are caught on camera, often without the officer’s knowledge.

http://www.policeone.com/police-her...ing-photos-thatll-make-you-proud-to-be-a-cop/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
  3. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
  4. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Get with the program. Cops only shoot dogs and unarmed black youth that were about to go to college and didn't do nuffin.

5. Dlist

Reputations:
    9/11....the best of the best of the First Responders came out and showed their true blue colors...it was awesome & inspiring.

cetiya, Caffeinated, Quedee and 5 others like this.
  6. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Mother praises cop on Facebook for taking care of her stranded son, post goes viral

(May 19, 2015) — A Virginia State Trooper received Facebook praise from a worried mother over the way he took care of her stranded son.

When Joseph Owusu’s car got a flat tire while the Virginia Tech student drove home from school last week, Trooper Matt Okes spent hours with the 20-year-old student to make sure he was safe on a dark and busy road.

“Facebook friends, join me in expressing my gratitude to God and to Officer Matt Okes, a Virginia State Police officer. I took this picture at 2 a.m. in the middle of nowhere,” Dr. Nada Owusu posted on Facebook. “My son had his back tire blown off his car last night on his way home from school. This kind officer approached him, didn’t ask if the little Mercedes was stolen, but rather got on his knees to replace his tire.”
    [​IMG]

http://fox59.com/2015/05/19/worried-moms-facebook-post-thanking-cop-goes-viral/

7. PI Nate

Reputations:
    More lies by the biased media. I heard the police went about randomly beating survivors of the attack. And even finished off a few of the ones that looked brown.

8. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Beloved Omaha officer killed a day before start of maternity leave
    By Greg Botelho and John Newsome, CNN

Updated 10:25 PM ET, Thu May 21, 2015

(CNN)New mom. Coach K at the local Boys and Girls Club. Girl Scout leader. Special Olympics volunteer. Omaha, Nebraska, police officer. Kerrie Orozco was all of those things and much more.

It was in the last role, as a member of her police department's gang unit, that Orozco lost her life.

On Thursday, her daughter Olivia Ruth -- who'd been born premature months earlier -- was set to leave the hospital. Orozco was set to start maternity leave as she welcomed her baby home.

Instead, Orozco's family and the many more who loved her must begin the process of coping with her death in a shootout that also killed the suspect.

"She was a tremendous officer and even better person," Omaha Police Chief Todd Schmaderer said. "I just can't imagine that this has even happened."

Others around the Nebraska echoed Schmaderer's praise and disbelief. Whether on the job or on her own doing good, Orozco stood out every day as someone who cared. She was beloved for her generosity and spirit. If anybody embodied the idea of police officer as public servant, it was Orozco.

"I believe that the community really, really wants good officers with good hearts," and "she was one of those officers," local activist Barbara Robinson told CNN affiliate KETV. "She truly was an asset to our community, and she's going to be missed."

[​IMG]

LaserT, smichal, babybear and 4 others like this.
  9. Dlist

Reputations:
    PI Nate...I like u...but seriously dude...Firemen were going up the stairs of the Towers when everyone was coming down...hopefully u are just joking...

10. stanggirl

stanggirl There's no replacement for displacement VIP

Reputations:
    That 9/11 picture just choked me up. Also, the one with the cop tying the little black boy's shoe

Quedee, Shortwave98, smichal and 3 others like this.
  11. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You guys are such cop fuckers.... How about all the teacher bashers? You know, start a thread about all the good they do, not the fact that a number of them have been fucking kids. How about the priest bashers, start a thread about the priests that take kids fishing without fucking them. How about the banker bashing.... The point is, cops are supposed to UPHOLD the law. When they break it, it should be pointed out.

JesusTwinsBiggestFan likes this.
  12. stanggirl

stanggirl There's no replacement for displacement VIP

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure it was sarcasm

13. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He is.

babybear, Dlist and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  14. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    How about you fuck off to one of the many cop bashing threads. Bye.

15. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    My niece is marrying her cop boyfriend after 10 years in August. They've been together since she's 18....he's alright in my book! Her sister's fiancé just became a fireman-how can you fault these guys?? Both just turned 30.
    :clap:

16. PI Nate

Reputations:
    There are at least 3 new cop bashing thread a day here. Please go spew your bile there, where its wanted.

17. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Facts hurt?

18. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    You won't see skylarbrie posting in this thread.

smichal, Dlist, check1 and 1 other person like this.
  19. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    next time your wife is raped, or house is robbed.. be sure to call the Teacher of The Year.

20. Dlist

Reputations:
    Yes i agree however, there are bad apples in every profession. But we can post the threads about the good ones. If I posted a thread "assholes in technical sales" (my profession) I suspect it would be viewed by no one. :facepalm:

Guacamole, Quedee, Turkeyneck and 7 others like this.