The people who run the show are ruining the show!!!

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by IlluminatiJones, Oct 2, 2012.

1. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    she-male wrestling, singing chicks?
    unfunny female comics................is that redundant?
    folk acts?
    7 Mark Kriegel appearances in the past 2 weeks?

WTF?!?!?

How about some dwarves? some mentally unstables? some actually funny comics? some drunken bikini girls?

some fun?

This is ponderous, man.................fuckin' ponderous!!!

2. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Tonight's guests: Martha Stewart and Ellen. :puke:

Kidding, although it would probably make Ken Kohl cream his undies.

3. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    They were unmerciful to the wrestling announcer - sometimes the awful guests make for good train wreck radio

4. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    I'm skipping over a lot of the show lately. If they must have the dullard guests, they need to limit them to one or two segments.

5. Chucky

Chucky Member

Reputations:
    I actually like when Kriegel calls in, hes good on the show.

That said...the female "comics" and the faggish bands are fucking brutal, I just skip right through it on the podcast.

They also got to cut down on the football talk. As a football junkie they both sound like a couple of broads, they don't know shit (they even admit to that) so I'd wish they'd cut down on it because it's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

6. Ipokesmot

Reputations:
    Yeah Artie was being a dick to her LOL... "So was that funny? Who wrote that?" :jj: Right on Artie boy!

7. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    Yea, I've said it before: if you know sports it's down right insulting, if you don't know sports, you don't want to hear them talk about it either.

8. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    I forget how he phrased it, but something like, I've heard Vince McMahon is a date rapist and then started asking her if when she was alone with Vince if he forced himself on her.

9. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    And fucking Rick still starting the show with some sort of sports tribute. Hate that shit. What a faggot

10. Ipokesmot

Reputations:
    I'd rather have sports any day than Ken Kohl's troop of D-list bookings.

Artie is not putting up with these "rules".. last night him sipping his drink and eating cupcakes was hilarious. :jj:

11. IlluminatiJones

Reputations:
    Nice.

Looks like I bailed too quick. She lost me when she was going over her half-assed resume: "and I did the Jets' pre-game......................"

WHO GIVES A FUCK?!?!?!?

12. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The switch to Direct TV might have put some dollars in the boys' pockets, but the show in definitely not as fun as it was even 3 months ago. They're getting micromanaged to death, and crowbarring these musical acts is not helping things any.

I still download and listen but I stopped editing bits in the summer.

13. IlluminatiJones

Reputations:
    I don't know, man.............what's the alternative? Breaking down OBP, Red-Zone efficiency, and who should and shouldn't be in the various HoFs? I don't want to hear that, either.

I think the "skimming the surface of the sports world, focusing on the dysfunctional/sexual aspects of it" route is the exactly, precisely correct way to go with a show like this.

14. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    I didn't say I wanted that at all. I don't want them - and by them I obviously mean Rick and his fuckin bullshit rigid, I have to tease this story no one cares about and I have to steer this back to sports, nonsense - to try to make every fuckin segment about a stupid sports story they don't really know. Why put those 2 funny guys (artie is 1 1/2 the size of a normal person, rick is 1/2 a funny guy) in stupid box just for format sake?

15. IlluminatiJones

Reputations:
    You lost me. To quote a stroked-out Lloyd Bridges..................or was it Kirk Douglas?: "what are you saying?"?

Are you saying they should stay away from sports altogether? In the grand scheme of things, I think they're actually providing an important service to the world of sports. They'll focus on the warts of sports, while almost every other media outlet this side of Deadspin does their damnedest to ignore/gloss over/spin them away.

I don't like him, but Nick has voiced and dug in to a major point: that today's professional athlete would not be this big and strong without PEDs.

Y'ain't gonna get Dan Patrick to say that.

I love how they (used to, back when they had sports reporters on) jump right into that breach, asking about steroids, sexual habits, and negative character traits of various athletes.

Are you suggesting they should steer clear of all that?

16. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    discuss it if they have nothing to talk about, but that cocksucker shill Rick always tries to bring it back and it's a huge fuckin waste.

Fuck Rick