The problem now with the Wack Pack

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Smiley Johnson, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Smiley Johnson

Smiley Johnson Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    -It is inconceivable to me that 10 years ago there would be an argument or serious discussion about banning any members of the Wack-Pack (WP). Why? Because there was enough content on the show that the WP contributed to the show as an accompaniment, not the main topic.

-Today, with so little original comedy on the show the WP is now a focus of the show as never before. Jeff-the-drunk/Lump and Bobo segments last forever. Regular callers, a sort of junior WP, dominate the phone lines, and Maryanne from Brooklyn calls daily with her suck-up segment.

-Couple this with a focus on Junior staffers like JD or Ronnie with the lack of any real back-and-forth between Howard, Gary, Fred and Robin like they had just a few years ago and you have a show that has lost its focus - being funny.

Guacamole likes this.
  2. Snort

Snort Looking for my weed and xanax Gold

Reputations:
    Non related question.... Why did you get banned from SFN? And was it John Daniels that banned you?

3. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Do yourself a favor and listen to something else

scoobyla, Mulletude, MrPACS and 3 others like this.
  4. Beer Chugger

Beer Chugger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Or it could simply be that Howard and Robin got old, rich, lazy and out of touch.

5. fredrogers

fredrogers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [/thread]

Beer Chugger likes this.
  6. Smiley Johnson

Reputations:
    Wow, good eye; that and you can track an IP address.

The gods honest truth is I posted a comment making fun of how they still had Howard's 60th Birthday show banners up on their home page from Jan 2014 when it was Dec 2014.. It was something along the lines of "Hey you guys gonna give us a link to build a time machine to go to this party or what?"

It was that innocuous, that lame. I never used foul language or "got into it" on that board. I was stunned I got banned for that. I didn't try to get back on - it was like "really? banned for that?". I guess I hit a nerve. I don't listen to the show as much any more, and I've sort of given up that it gonna get better.

TheWonk, kingship, Mulletude and 2 others like this.
  7. Smiley Johnson

Reputations:
    You know, I do now. I still listen to Stern, but I tend to skip the interviews, and with 1.5-2 shows per week on average, after all of the commercials and interviews there isn't much left.

Ironically, as long-time paying stern fan, I listened to his pirated re-runs on the "Todd Packer" youtube channel way more than the live show, it was a fantastic find. That guy really did a nice job of compiling the best of howard pre-2010 and the relatively few 2010-current highlights of the show (guess what? no celebrity interviews). He had something like 40 hrs of Ba Ba blunders alone.

But guess what? He got a cease and desist ( I'm guessing) from the owners of that copyright; and now I gotta find all of those clips again. It sucks, the copyright owner won't let me listen to his best stuff for free when I pay for the bad stuff now.

kingship likes this.
  8. Splash

Splash Huge Member VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

9. Smiley Johnson

Reputations:
    LOL, thats what I was going for, tx.

scoobyla and Splash like this.
  10. Snort

Snort Looking for my weed and xanax Gold

Reputations:
    My god! THAT'S why they banned you!?! They had 17 regular posters and they ban people for pointing out the obvious. Glad it's dead.

The Jackie chair likes this.