The right to die...(voluntary euthanasia) wrong or right?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Apr 14, 2013.

?

Should assisted suicide be legal?

1. yes

52 vote(s)
    96.3%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Should assisted suicide be legal?

I was reading about Tomas Young a 31 year old veteran of the Iraq war who is starving himself to death..

http://www.truthdig.com/dig/item/the_last_letter_20130318/

He is doing so to put an end to years of pain he has had to endure do to having his spinal cord cut in half by a snipers bullet..

He has stopped accepting meals (he is tube fed) and has stopped taking his meds.. don't humans deserves to end their lives in a quicker less painful way right?

Not that he is asking for help to do so but fuck man... a horse (not Beth) gets a mercy killing if they break their legs... why not humans?

[​IMG]

2. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
  3. chapped

Reputations:

yea sorry about the bummer topic... but dudes story is tragic and deserves to be known

4. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    People in pain makes me :(

5. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Of course but it won't happen. The majority of gun deaths in this country are suicides. You actually approach the mental health issue of suicide and either help these people or let them die peacefully with drugs (and not with a violent bullet to the head) and what will happen is that gun violence stats will halve. Gun control nuts won't want that. They want mental health ignored. You think this is a mental health issue? It's another gun issue unfortunately. If gun suicides weren't so huge you'd have legal euthanasia already. But it's a gun control thing and the left wing are paranoid about getting as many gun deaths as they can.

6. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    We put our pets down humanely yet bar ourselves from being given the same dignity in death.

Luckily I'm only 30 so maybe by the time I am ready to kick the bucket or diagnosed with a painful terminal condition I can just lay back in a recliner, have an IV in my arm and just watch great movies until the drugs are randomly pumped in me and I just fade away without a care in the world.

[​IMG]

Hell, they can even grind me up and feed me to people because I'll be dead.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  7. chapped

Reputations:

interesting way of looking at it...

honest question.. Do you feel that having people die a quick painless death is in big medicine best interest?

I mean it seems like there is more money in dragging terminally ills live's out and take every last penny...IMO

8. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    I absolutely believe that we, as humans, have the right to end our own lives and, if we are of sound, sober mind, should have the right to ask a trained physician to help facilitate that wish in the most humane and practical way possible. Condemning somebody to a life of suffering is fucking evil and ghoulish.

And if any so-called Christians want to play the Christ card, just remember that your lord and savior saw his own death coming and didn't even attempt to avoid it. A holy suicide cleansed you of your sins. So quit with that bullshit.

9. SleepingWarrior

Reputations:
    This. I can't recall the numbers offhand but I believe end of life care generally makes up the bulk of ones medical expenses/footprint

10. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I watched my mother after she was diagnosed with multiple myeloma. They gave her a 6 month prognosis which lasted 4 1/2 years.
    My father learned to give injections. She was on morphine, dilaudid, and demerol.
    And watching her laying down there in her chair completely unconscious, yet crying in pain? She actually asked my dad if he would overdose her.
    Who the fuck are you to tell me how much pain I must endure in order to die? With your money making machines, you can keep me alive forever.

11. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;gYCSwHj9dmw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYCSwHj9dmw[/video]

12. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    Jesus...dude...so sorry to hear that. And amen, I couldn't agree more.

13. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    Soylent Green is People.

14. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
  15. chapped

Reputations:

wow.... sorry for you and your family's pain

16. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;mJUI-NRDflU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJUI-NRDflU[/video]

17. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Have you ever watched "You Don't Know Jack" with Al Pacino? Off the charts brilliant role! I never would have picture him playing this part, but he was fucking fantastic at it!
    [video=youtube;xrz5pUUIm-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrz5pUUIm-4[/video]

18. SleepingWarrior

Reputations:

[video=youtube;HXx1S6O-T30]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXx1S6O-T30[/video]

19. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    if this was a moral country there would be ways to medically end your life if you're in excrutiating pain or have lost your autonomy and are disabled.....both are hellish existences.
    why not just a pill. instead, people have to linger until all dignity is gone. if i ever had an incurable illness or was in too much pain i'd turn the ignition on with the garage door down.
    unfortunately the medical establishment doesn't honor legal medical directives.

20. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i'm so sorry, that must have been terrible for you and your family. how did the end come for your mom? was she lingering in hospice or was she able to end her life with dignity?