The secret truth about Shuli

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Goo For You, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Goo For You

Goo For You New Member

Reputations:
    ...is that he used to be good in Miserable Men!

Seriously.

I'm listening to the 2008 episodes right now.

Hard to believe I'm actually enjoying him -- but I am!

I'm at a loss for words...

Shit thread, I know. I'm sorry.

I just had to put it out there...

2. noname2

noname2 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I used to enjoy Miserable Men sometimes..it depended on who they had on and what they talked about. I agree..I used to like Shuli..before he whored himself out.

3. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Back then, he knew his place. The "middle man" worked. With Artie now gone, he feels the need to step up his game and become the new Artie. His personal boasts of being unshaven and laughing (hysterically) during story telling explains why his stock has dropped by the fans. Ya gotta be yourself dude,,, I liked the 2008 Shuli.

4. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    2012 Shuli is a parasite who crowbars his way into every show on H101 and even when no one wants him there.

He's also making a ton of money off Howard's fans by creating all these bullshit Block Parties by leeching off Howard's staff. He uses Ronnie's name and yet he makes all the money off these parties and yet no one goes to these Parties to see him.

Howard used to give shit to Stuttering John, Gary & Jackie for exploiting his fans but now he's allowing this hack to do much more than what Stuttering John and Gary did.

5. Former Glory

Former Glory Member

Reputations:
    I'm definitely in the minority here as I think Shuli is actually funny and adds humor to the show.

He's no Jackie....He's no Artie (the best to fill that chair), but he's good there. I like his contribution to the show.

I'm not sure where all the Shuli hate comes from.

6. Goo For You

Goo For You New Member

Reputations:
    2012 Shuli is unbearable. He ruins Jay Thomas's flow by constantly interrupting him with shitty jokes and totally random non-sequiturs. The show is unlistenable because of him. I can't understand why Jay puts up with this.

2008 Shuli kind of does the same to Bob Levy... A caller asks Bob about something personal, and then Shuli answers! Even though Bob's in the frigging studio! I don't get it... But here, it somehow works! It really feels like they're the bestest buds -- like Bob is this slow dumb guy who needs Shuli to do the talking for him -- even though he clearly doesn't. For some reason Shuli doesn't come off bad doing his shtick. Plus, he's got good stories! I'm entertained.:)

7. RH Goatcabin

RH Goatcabin Notable Member VIP

Reputations:
    Loved Miserable Men. Miss it. :bigcry:

8. gridlockd

gridlockd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I liked him at first. Then, after he yelled Shalom bioytch! for the six billionth time, I wanted him to die a fire-y death.

9. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A panelist on SFRT absolutely confirmed this a few weeks ago. She was surprised the Block Party drew such a big crowd because she went to one of Shuli's earlier events and there were only 4 or 5 people there.

10. CaptainFrank

CaptainFrank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The only explanation for Shuli's presence on the HS show is that he works for free, and he is probably Howard's nephew or something.\

11. Willy Pfister

Willy Pfister VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Jew non-broad - kills funny

12. Goo For You

Goo For You New Member

Reputations:
    Has everyone in the Stern universe been at one point on Xanax?

From what I've heard, that's some serious shit... and the name of the drug comes up all the time.

13. Dump Button

Dump Button Former Mall Security Guard

Reputations:
    I respect your opinion but can you provide any moments that Shuli made you laugh when he is joke chair?

For me it's a symbol that Howard doesn't give a shit about the THSS and he is just going through the motions of broadcasting radio rust

Hopefully Howard will come to his senses in the next three years and get someone in the chair that deserves it

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  14. DearLawd

DearLawd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Oh lawd....I actually enjoy Shuli, and loved another voice in the studio. I really liked him giving Gary grief since Mr. What Do You Do For a Living has become so insufferable.

I've noticed that many have strong negative feelings about Shuli and haven't been sure why exactly.

With some like DePace or Lisa G, it isn't hard to figure out.

15. Former Glory

Former Glory Member

Reputations:
    No, I can't provide moments that Shuli made me laugh/smile...I must have left my laugh log in my other pocket. I just think the show is a bit more funnier (bad language intended) with him there.

Don't get me wrong...I think The HSS has sucks many balls over the past few years, but I obviously still listen because I generally like the show. It's undergone a few evolutions and 90% of the support shows suck. I will go on record as saying that I do like the wrap up show, Geektime, and the Jon Hein show.

Where The HSS sucks ass is that he does too many "celebrity" interviews that mostly lead to nowhere...It's a formula he's created that he can use to just blow through most shows.

I miss the bits they used to do and the general BS conversations between the staff.

16. Chob

Chob Member

Reputations:
    He was great at reigning in the madness on that show and keeping it together. And he handled the curve ball of Levy bailing on the show pretty well. He kind of melted down at the end though. Both on the show and on the show's forum.

17. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Wow. I guess everyone's entitled to an opinion but I just can't understand actually liking his oh-so-hackey comedy style. He's just terrible. And his stand up is beyond painful.
    And if it wasn't for the wack pack his block party wouldn't pull 4 people

18. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    im disappointed.

No mention of Shuli supplying weed to Jason/JD or Bolivian marching powder to Beffy?

19. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Hehehe... that's why Jason sucks Shuli's cock all the time and says how much he likes him. Bob Levy blew (lol) the lid on that secret shortly after their falling out.

I think Timmy might be getting fishscale from him as well.

20. LobsterTails

LobsterTails Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :bsflag::bs: :uban: