The self-described "Honorable" and "Company Man" Howard Stern - How Ridiculous Is That?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by OV, Jul 14, 2014.

1. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Stern signs a new contract with Sirius, announced on 12/9/2010 to take effect 1/1/2011. Then on March 22, 2011, Stern sues SiriusXM for $300million with an other additional multi million $ chunk for his parasitic agent Don Buchwald.

That's 102 days since signing the contract or 81 days since the contract took effect. Aside from trying to extort money he didn't deserve on the basis of some sloppy contractual language loopholes, how usual is it for an agent to get his own share, not a customary percentage out of his clients' earnings? And even if Stern legitimately earned that $300 million, what the fuck did Buchwald do to help bring about the merger? IMO that's just unwarranted exploitation of some deep pockets.

So if Howard were an honorable man, shouldn't he have in good faith informed the company, prior to signing the new contract that within 3 months of it taking effect, he intended to sue them? Shouldn't he have said: "fellas, hopefully this won't matter to you, but being upfront about it, Don and I will be suing the company soon for in excess of $300million for the work we did in helping to orchestrate the merger." ?? And if that's what management intended, wouldn't they have settled instead of fighting it tooth and nail?

Why didn't he? Was he afraid SiriusXM would not have agreed to the terms of the contract which pays him a Kings Ransom for doing next to nothing, on a part time basis if they knew of his intent to further take them to the cleaners for what could be considered unintended legalese? How honorable is it to take their money, bind them into an agreement with no escape clause and then try to extort them when they were a captive audience?

And how many times has this "company man" spent his whole show promoting AGT and calling it his "real job."? And what about all the on air Sirius bad-mouthing once they chose to contest his suit?

He can't really believe this shit, can he?

2. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
  3. zerokarma

zerokarma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Stop right there, we all know he is anything but an honorable man

reno likes this.
  4. Lola

Lola little-known member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

"this guy must be one of those kitten-haters, right Robin?"

5. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If he saw a $20 on the ground he said he wouldn't pick it up.

6. EvolvedMarbles

EvolvedMarbles Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Assume $80m/yr for 5 years with all the time off, etc. Why do ANYthing to expose that deal to risk? You get that deal signed.

Besides, he (and when I say he, I mean Buchwald's minions) was probably lobbying for the merger bonus dollars w/out filing suit. Even though Howard sues, there's no reason not to try and keep it out of the courts first.

No they would've used it for more days, less money, ANYTHING to get more out of the contract that favors Sirius.

7. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Man dont lye he says his hair is jet black its jet black

reno likes this.
  8. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Wiggy's complaint stated that he and Don requested that Sirius pay him the performance bonuses before the new deal was signed. Sirius correctly rejected this ludicrous demand but should have had an inkling that the loyal company man, who has a long history of litigation with most of his former employers, may file suit against them.

[​IMG]

Thankfully America's judge made the right call in the case.

[​IMG]

PelicanWig, OV, reno and 2 others like this.
  9. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I just want to be a team player on AGT, Robin, I just want to walk in, judge, and walk out. I don't need to have control like I do here in the studio. It's too much work.

reno likes this.
  10. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Sirius bet $300 MILLION DOLLARS that their Jew lawyers were better at their jobs than Howard's Jew lawyers were at theirs.

11. YokoOhNo

YokoOhNo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    don't forget:
    clear channel
    nbc
    that detroit station
    WJFK in DC
    the place where he made $96 per week....sued them for $600,000,000 settled for 400,000.

all of these were victims of a stern lawsuit.

Girl and the Snake

A young girl walking along a mountain path to her grandmother's house heard a rustle at her feet. Looking down, she saw a snake, but before she could react, the snake spoke to her.

"I am about to die," he said. "It's too cold for me up here, and I am freezing. There is no food in these mountains, and I am starving. Please put me under your coat and take me with you."

"No," the girl replied. "I know your kind. You are a rattlesnake. And if I pick you up, you will bite me and your bite is poisonous."

"No, no," the snake said. "If you help me, you will be my best friend. I will treat you differently."

The young girl sat down on a rock for a moment to rest and think things over. She looked at the beautiful markings on the snake and she had to admit he was the most beautiful snake she had ever seen.

Suddenly, she said, "I believe you. I will save you. All living things deserve to be treated with kindness."

She then reached over, put the snake gently under her coat and continued toward her grandmother's house.

Within a moment, she felt a sharp pain in her side. The snake had bitten her!

"How could you do this to me?" she cried. "You promised that you would not bite me, and I trusted you!"

"You knew what I was when you picked me up," he hissed as he slithered away.

TL;DR....girl saves snake, snake bites girl.

OV likes this.
  12. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    "Robin...new car buyers with free Sirus = new subscribers...I should get paid...right??"

PI Nate and reno like this.
  13. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He'd have one of his servants pick it up for him. He would never turn down a chance for more marbles.

14. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    and the wasn't there the movie production company where he was supposed to be cast with Melanie Griffin and the Am I Hot (or something like that) TV show? Your examples are on point as to why hiring Howard usually ends badly.... IMO these are just the tip of the iceberg. Someone should start a thread on identifying Stern's lawsuits and the various outcomes. :up:

PelicanWig and YokoOhNo like this.
  15. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    : oy:
    [​IMG]

PI Nate likes this.
  16. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    "Robin, the only reason car sales are up is because my fans wanted to hear me! Am I right?"

Beths Arab likes this.
  17. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Wiggy McCuckhold invented suing his employer...:coffee:

18. Beths Arab

Beths Arab Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    :artiejj: