The show so far...

Discussion in 'Other Shows' started by Ipokesmot, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    It's great to have Art back, anything he does is far better than Noory's bullshit. However I think the show needs to tighten up a bit.
    First, if a guest is boring, don't keep him on for 3-4 hours!!! Dr. Greer and Dr. Heiser were show killers. Just one hour of their bullshit then move on to open lines.

2. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I have to agree. I felt the same way about Strieber last night as well, I could have done with an hour of him and then maybe an hour of open lines at the end. Art hasn't been taking nearly enough phone calls so far, which I could understand if he had a bunch of really interesting guests who had never done C2C before, but why spend so much time on retread/boring/repetitive guests? I'm still loving the show though, just thought I'd put my 2 cents in.

3. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I liked the Heiser segment. But Greer is so full of shit that it quickly gets tiring. I'd like to have more fringe and emerging science (but not scammers like Bearden) guys on, some paranormal guys, fringe archeologists, UFO technology guys (not the UFO New Age crowd like Greer). Other than that, have people who are more interested in the subject than promoting themselves. It's boring to hear 5 minutes of material followed by a 45 minute not-so-subtle donation drive.

4. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    That really ticked me off with last night's show, here we had a meteor hit a home and kill 2 people, and Art glossed over it. That would have been a perfect moment to have a guest on to discuss the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs, and what the likelihood of it happening again is. I'd take that over a guy like Bearden any day.

5. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    and so it begins the dregs of the saloon will soon be starting

ART BELL SUCKS threads.

No surprise, same douche bags who hate Artie lang and think they can do a better job programming the show because they bought in to years of "Good radio this and that" from Howard stern.

6. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Get the fuck out of here, Gunnar.

7. Rodney21a

Reputations:

Ha ha. Dawg would know if i was this gunnar who seems to have totally OWNED you. Hey Gunner and all his "mults" were shot dead MONTHS ago. So If you are accusing me of being that guy who seems to have MIND fucked you(and really that mind isn't much to brag about) then your are accusing the owner of this site of conspiring with him.

So go fuck yourself idiot and stop with that gunner shit or I'll have to inform Dawg of your accusations against HIM.

8. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    I have PMed Dawg about this before, he is well aware of my feelings on this, but feel free to do it again. By the way, since you enjoy defending Art so much, why do you feel it's okay to post Youtube videos of his copyrighted SXM shows?

9. Rodney21a

Reputations:
    Checks in the mail retard.

10. cia212

Reputations:
    I get what you're saying, but Art has to stay clear of asteroid talk. He took a lot of blame for the Heaven's Gate cult...not deservingly.

11. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    I forgot all about that, wasn't it something like a guest said that a ufo was following the comet?

12. cia212

Reputations:
    A few guests, then Art started talking about it constantly. But, at one point, he reversed his position and presented the evidence against the "companion" theory. In the end, since he was the only major voice at the time, he was given the blame.

13. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I felt this way about Richard C. Hoagland's first appearance. That guy is such a fraudulent, whiny douche; always screaming "conspiracy!" and "cover up!" whenever NASA releases something he doesn't agree with.

The "Alien in the Freezer" guy was on too long, also. He's obviously full of shit, but I remember listening to the original broadcast of his back in the 90's and being half-doubtful/half-fucking terrified!

14. Ipokesmot

Reputations:
    First of all I don't hate Artie Lange, second of all Howard stole all of his "good radio" from Steve Dahl.
    The worst mistake a radio host can do is dismiss suggestions and complaints from the fans. Look at Howard now, barely a D list celebrity.

I still support Art Bell, I just wish he'd limit the time of guests when they suck. Last night I could only deal with 1 hour of that fruitball fruitcake he had on.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  15. Rodney21a

Reputations:
    One more thing you trolls, and you know who you are.

For 3 years know your chief complaint about Howard Stern, you know why this fucking forum was made for you putrid scum to propagate, was how he said a big FUCK YOU to his fans.

Here we have Art who LISTENS to his fans, that is why.

A. He came back.

C. He got SIRIUS XM to extend the life of downloaded and shows on demand from 12-30 day lives to 1824 DAYS !!!

D. He now has changed the Web Player to time out after FOUR HOURS and FIX the fidelity of the stereo of the show.

​ART unlike HOWARD GETS SHIT DONE MOTHER FUCKERS!!!

​but you continue to follow your troll unfunny unintelligent overloads like Telegramsam

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  16. PiggyMohammad

PiggyMohammad Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    This.
    Still the best radio show on air today.

17. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Shows have been great imo, I think he's retreading a lot of old faithful guests to get back into the groove. I have enjoyed the show so far. I agree id like to hear more calls but u gotta remember he's talking to a much smaller audience now its completely possible he isn't getting enough calls to fill that time.

18. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    I like the show. Some of the guests are really lame, but in general its a good show. I just have to remember to tune in after the first 15 min so i miss all the commercials.

19. Ipokesmot

Reputations:
    Most of the guests so far have been really bad.. but tonight's was a bit better. Art even started yelling at the guest and callers at some points lol.

One big thing that pisses me off though is Art said in an interview before the premier that he was NOT going to use screeners. All of a sudden on the first show it's "only guest calls are screened" . WTFFFFFFFFF??????? :pissed: