Stern Show The shows this week have been awful

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ganggreen87, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Ganggreen87

Ganggreen87 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The Robin shows are just as boring as they were when they first happened. Robin is the least interesting person on the show IMO.
    Plus as we have said before, 2-3 hours of wrap up shows about past shows? Really?

20 years of tapes and it is the same shitty 30 episodes every month. Talk about phoning it in. This is the best Howard and his crack staff can do?

Thank God football starts tonight

Dream Theater and Franklintown1 like this.
  2. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
  3. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    Holy shit a thread complaining about the show what a time to be alive

Divorce Chicken likes this.
  4. HelloCleveland!

HelloCleveland! Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They made such a big deal about Howard getting his tapes back, and they don't use them.
    Why can't they just air an entire show from the same date, from 15, 20, 25 years ago?

Gary has the ability to recollect things from so many years ago, he could add commentary, either during the broadcast or as part of a wrap up show.

It seems like this would even be more cost - effective. Instead of having a tapes team constantly cutting and editing, they just hit 'play' and let it go.

5. buried20kleague

buried20kleague Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    There's enough source material there to put together a good week... The question is if they've been cleared to play the good stuff. The stuff that makes her looks stupid.

Like the walking off the show, for example. Or I always get a kick out of her fighting.

If they play that stuff, I can deal with fast forwarding through hearing about her bareback anal for the 20th time and the goddess meeting bullshit. Both of which I'm sure will be played. Multiple times.

6. shabadoo25

shabadoo25 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Dear God, why are you numnuts still listening? There's a world of good stuff on the rest of SXM and/or podcasts.

7. OneBallBelz

OneBallBelz Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Trust me, if Howard could find the equivalent to Photoshop for radio shows, he would buy the company.

Until then, all previous shows will be handled by a group of ninja swordsmen known as the "tapes team".

Mr Pink likes this.
  8. Franklintown1

Franklintown1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard does not want to remind anyone who he really is, especially in the new evolved pc world.

June DeMay and Dream Theater like this.
  9. the G-man

the G-man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    And.../thread.
    Gotta not offend anyone who might disinvite Beth to a Hamptons or Kimmel party.

reno likes this.
  10. Jake Dog

Jake Dog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    What's new? The show has been total shit since it moved to Sirius.

Ta Ta Toothy likes this.
  11. Just Me

Just Me VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Howard is like Britney Spears these days... it's unimaginable how people would pay to see/hear either of them lethargically do nothing, and then get praised and paid insane amounts for it.

12. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This.

It is startling to me that any member of the Shed still actually listens to the show. I stopped listening 10 years ago (and the show wasn't nearly as shitty then as it has become now). Of course, I won't know how awful it's become if some of you guys didn't still listen and post it here, so carry on. :p

13. vaporizer

vaporizer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't necessarily feel that Robin is the least interesting person, but you can't tell me that the best shit in the archive is what they've thrown out there. I want to hear Robin blow her fucking stack like in the old days, but as we've come to find out, getting them to REALLY dig into the vaults is a god damn task that just isn't going to happen.

My favorite moment thus far (and I haven't heard them all) is the bit where Gary revealed that he saw Robin's HUGE self portrait on her wall at her place. I mean, it comes back around to the shit that gave me boners for the show to begin with:

1) busting Gary's balls
    2) BILLY WEST
    3) Jackie cackling in the background
    4) Howard really keeping the engine rolling with EVERYONE getting their balls busted
    5) The overall pace

The pacing thing is the biggest. It was so quick and WE all know the joke so WE think it's funny. That used to be my favorite thing about the show - WE were in the club and got it. Not everyone would get it.

My favorite line from that bit was from Billy West (of course): FA FA FOTO

Laugh out-loud funny. I miss that bastard.

Pill Queen likes this.
  14. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    Waaaaaaaaaaayyyy too much Alison and other embarrassing material. Almost everything is off limits for PC, legal or embarrassment reasons. That's why you hear the same bits over and over.

Gusbuss likes this.
  15. Sloppyjoe

Sloppyjoe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

I believe Howard is purposely trying to kill all joy and humor from the show. Past and present.

16. Ganggreen87

Ganggreen87 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's better than your photos of crappy food from Beaverton. One of the whitest trash cities in Portland.